• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

Probably. I don't think that Spawn #185 sketch is worth even close to $100,000. The one on eBay is at almost $10,000 for a 9.6.

And that’s if your able to get a commission from him. 

4 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

The 220 - 231 is homage's of famous comic covers (Action Comics #1, Amazing Fantasy 15, etc). They come in colour versions and variant sketches (which are all 1:25, besides issue 224, which is a 1:10). I think there are other homage covers, but these are the main ones. They are the rarest, most valuable, and most sought-after homage books for Spawn collectors. 

Great! Thanks! I still have a few to get them. 

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Interesting thoughts and questions going on with Youngblood 2.

How big really was the print run with #2 compared to #1?

It has the first appearance of a character named Prophet created by Liefeld. Whatever the comics community might think of him he is bank with Hollywood because he is now known as the creator of Deadpool and Cable. Proof of this is he signed that mega deal with Netflix.

Also there are two versions of Youngblood #2. One is green, while the other is red. I wonder which one is truly the first print of his first appearance?

prophet-fumetto.jpg

They're both first prints. Youngblood #2 and #0 had two different versions, printed at the same time, both first prints.

The print run wouldn't have been too big; the run for #1 was estimated to be around 800-900k. 

15 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

They're both first prints. Youngblood #2 and #0 had two different versions, printed at the same time, both first prints.

The print run wouldn't have been too big; the run for #1 was estimated to be around 800-900k. 

Thanks.

Looking at Ebay data a whole bunch have sold since the movie announcement,but now a whole bunch have been listed.

Should be an interesting few weeks with this comic Youngblood 2.

17 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Wow.  That's a lot of bad art in circulation...

On 7/12/2018 at 10:39 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

What about Prophet 21 though...hm

Prophet 21-the end was great. I was amazed at how Graham reimagined the character. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

59 minutes ago, Joosh said:

I think I found a qualifier for modern heating up on eBay.

Morbius (2013) #1 2nd print.

Sold listings:

7/2 $1.70 (searched back to 4/22)

7/4 $3.30, $2.65

7/5-7/6  $16, $18, $20. 

Asking prices up to $50.

All over a little movie announcement 

Yeah, the second print is hard to find since the print run was less. When the movie announced, I bought like 20 of that book from Midtown comics for $3 or something (the didn't have the second print). Dell'Otto + Morbius might be a winning combo if the movie is good. They are sold out of both.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, the second print is hard to find since the print run was less. When the movie announced, I bought like 20 of that book from Midtown comics for $3 or something (the didn't have the second print). Dell'Otto + Morbius might be a winning combo if the movie is good. They are sold out of both.

I was really surprised the 2nd print was priced so low considering how hard it was to find. I should’ve took both NM copies MCS had...it’s a solid 9.8 contender.

I just wish I could have finished my complete run before the announcement.

I’m missing the 1:50 variants for #1 and #3, and the #6 variant. I imagine they will become even harder to find decently priced now. 

14 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Batgirl #20B - the Middleton Variant - seems to be a pretty solid $20 book in NM now....

I loved that cover so much more than 24. I bought 5-6 of those at cover. I think ill get them graded and signed if Middleton shows up at a con (He did SF con last year).

7 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I loved that cover so much more than 24. I bought 5-6 of those at cover. I think ill get them graded and signed if Middleton shows up at a con (He did SF con last year).

I was fortunate enough to preorder a bunch as I just love that cover too.  Very under-rated imo---much better than the 24 variant and only second to #23B.  I wonder if that Batman 26B Middleton Variant with Poison Ivy will heat up now.

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I was fortunate enough to preorder a bunch as I just love that cover too.  Very under-rated imo---much better than the 24 variant and only second to #23B.  I wonder if that Batman 26B Middleton Variant with Poison Ivy will heat up now.

I hope so. I have a 9.8 SS Middleton in my PC and I think I still have a 9.6 or 9.8 SS that I can sell.

5 hours ago, wikked said:

X-Men #4 (vol.2) is selling pretty well since:

Hide contents

the announcement of Omega Red in the uncut release of Deadpool 2.

I could have sworn I saw a guy in the background of the prison scene that could have definitely been Omega Red. I figured I would see something about it on the internet, but didn't see anything afterwards. 

7 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Batgirl #23 (Middleton) virgin cover was really nice IMO. I liked the #20 as well. Least favourite of the bunch is #24.

19 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Batgirl #23 (Middleton) virgin cover was really nice IMO. I liked the #20 as well. Least favourite of the bunch is #24.

I liked 24 alright.....after 23 though it pales though...

17 hours ago, darkstar said:

Bats 567. Richard Dragon 5 likely to follow. 

Cool. I was just flipping through a stack of books the other day and pulled the Bats 567s to be put in the "wait for another 5 years" boxes. lol 

4 hours ago, kimik said:

Cool. I was just flipping through a stack of books the other day and pulled the Bats 567s to be put in the "wait for another 5 years" boxes. lol 

I love me some mute Batgirl with the all-black suit. 

Patrick