• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, kevhtx said:

Yeah, the second print is hard to find since the print run was less. When the movie announced, I bought like 20 of that book from Midtown comics for $3 or something (the didn't have the second print). Dell'Otto + Morbius might be a winning combo if the movie is good. They are sold out of both.

What was the print run...?

15 hours ago, JP_rez said:

Just the other day I picked this up at midtown for 25 , knowing she was coming back for Spidergeddon. Today ebay price has shot to 90 to 199. Wow! The Land variant is fire

Highest sale is for $60.

5 hours ago, Rakkis said:

Looks like the Ross Variant of Mighty Captain Marvel #1 may be on the rise. Currently listed between $425-$650 on Ebay.

Last four sales for a 9.8 are $410 average. A raw just sold for $235 though.

I've been checking eBay recently to see if any of the modern comics I no longer want are worth anything. They're not, it seems. But I did see the Spider-Man Noir limited series from 2009 selling for considerably more than the other three "noir" titles (Daredevil, Wolverine, and X-Men) published around the same time. By that I mean complete runs of the those titles sell for peanuts while Spider-Man Noir #1 on its own has sold for over $100 recently. Anyone know why? Some of the eBay listings mention "first appearance of the Spider-Verse" which doesn't seem particularly noteworthy to someone who has no idea what goes on with Spider-Man these days.

11 hours ago, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

I've been checking eBay recently to see if any of the modern comics I no longer want are worth anything. They're not, it seems. But I did see the Spider-Man Noir limited series from 2009 selling for considerably more than the other three "noir" titles (Daredevil, Wolverine, and X-Men) published around the same time. By that I mean complete runs of the those titles sell for peanuts while Spider-Man Noir #1 on its own has sold for over $100 recently. Anyone know why? Some of the eBay listings mention "first appearance of the Spider-Verse" which doesn't seem particularly noteworthy to someone who has no idea what goes on with Spider-Man these days.

https://www.newsarama.com/40992-nicolas-cage-confirmed-as-spider-man-noir-for-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse.html

37 minutes ago, 500Club said:

:whatthe:

Lemmings, meet cliff.

In so many ways this is true. :roflmao:

All the people that hoarded Venom 3 are currently furiously hitting the "list" button on eBay 

I found mine God Of thunder 6.  I got this painting from the fellas .  Love the book had no clue it was 18x24.  Got it two weeks ago as a gift from Kyle and Ryan.  After a panel.  That is the Orig oil painting.  Going to display with the 1-4 kirkmans, not sure which ones 3 of each the stegman virgin 1 and crain virgin 2, regular 3 and reg 4.  Love those covers

20180712_111206.jpg

19 hours ago, JP_rez said:

The "Into the Spider-Verse" movie coming out this year, which looks real good and is gonna feature some of those characters from the mini series. :shy:

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

So it's speculation driving up the price of "Spider-Man Noir" rather than Spidey fans trying to get their hands on a limited series they missed back in 2009?

Regardless, can I ask for opinions on when the best time to sell is in a case like this with a movie announced but not coming out until December? I'm sure many of you have a lot more experience trying to time this sort of thing.

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Why?  Tec 850 was MUCH hotter in March of last year. The last one on ebay sold raw for $20. It was well over $50 last year.

Indeed, I believe I sold my copy back then. :grin: