• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

There is continued interest in the Immortal Hulk book.  Sales are strong on the title and Alex Ross is selling autographed copies of issue number 2 on his website.  Look for Avengers 682 and 284 to take off when collectors move away from speculating on his ongoing series and start hoarding his first appearances.  There is a 1:25 variant of 682 that is undervalued and a 2nd print of 682 that arguably has the best cover.  I have no interest in the 682 mask/no-mask silliness, but others apparently do.  The cover to 684 is awesome and it is unclear where the market will settle and/or when the market will settle on his first appearance.  

Copies of the Black Hammer: Age of Doom RRP have disappered ffom eBay and have not returned.  This book was also limited to 500 copies but enjoys a Bill Sienkiewicz cover that I love.  There was some heat on issue no. 8 which is the first apperance of Sherlock Frankenstein as well.  

Thanks for the updates. Good stuff as usual.

Question, isn't the first appearance of Immortal Hulk, Hulk #1?

The Black Hammer Age of Doom Diamond Retailer Summit variant is by Rafael Albuquerque.

https://www.cbr.com/black-hammer-age-of-doom-1-rafael-albuquerque-variant/

4 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

I wasn't aware that Black panther #2 1st Shuri was doing so well.  I picked up 3 a few years back and held them.  Off to the bay to dump a couple.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=black+panther+2+shuri&_sop=10&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Yea, one of the few books that held on after a movie.

From the next series you're also going to want to look out for:

Black Panther #1 JSC and Lashey covers

Black Panther #5

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for the updates. Good stuff as usual.

Question, isn't the first appearance of Immortal Hulk, Hulk #1?

The Black Hammer Age of Doom Diamond Retailer Summit variant is by Rafael Albuquerque.

https://www.cbr.com/black-hammer-age-of-doom-1-rafael-albuquerque-variant/

Regarding Immortal Hulk - I certainly don't want to encourage debate about whether an incarnation of a character is adequately unique to constitute a 1st appearanec but whatever the heck it is Immortal Hulk starts in 682 (in my opinion) and/or 684 (in some other people's opinion). 

https://screenrant.com/marvel-reveals-immortal-hulk/

Thanks for the edit on Albuquerque.  Too much recitation at once and I mess up numbers, names and make typos galore.  There was also a noteworthy sale of Batman 880 CGC 9.8 but it brought out other copies of the book at lower numbers promptly which did not sell so I don't necessarily know how noteworthy that is in the long run.  That book is a monster and moves with haste whenever there is a motivated seller.  I subbed a 9.8 earlier this year and gave someone a real good price on the book which sold literally with in a week of me receiving my shipment from CGC.  

The other books I did not discuss were the Galactus ASM variant and the Angela Thor variants both of which were Stan Lee banner variants.  I think these two books will standout and may have some longer term appeal for collectors.  Sales of both were strong.  The Angela Thor cover was available in limited supply based upon orders of a prior months book (the details of which escape me but I'm confident are available after a quick google search).  I don't recall if the Galactus book was limited in the same way, but I think both books were under ordered by many retailers.    

On 12/27/2018 at 2:27 PM, ygogolak said:

Black Panther #5

THANKS!!!  I love this thread and this board.  I have a couple copies of each (Black Panther #1 JSC and Lashey covers)  and had no idea they were climbing - time to evaluate getting them graded or just selling raw (worship)

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, ygogolak said:
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, gradejunky said:

Black Panther #5

I passed on one today for $30 and I think I will go back and grab it. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Nico Esq said:
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:14 PM, ygogolak said:

ASM Galactus Granov wasn't a Stan Lee cover.

Thank you again my friend! 

It is a great cover. I always thought Byrne's FF 257 was the best, but this one might be better. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, Doohickamabob said:

I came to the boards specifically to run a search on "wondercc" to find out if they have a history of backing out of sales. Looks like they do.

Right now they are backing out on a comic they sold me, but they're claiming it's lost in the mail, and saying that sometimes comics gets lost in the mail and never returned to them -- so they'll have to just give me a refund. They had a tracking number but a search on the number shows that the package never arrived at their local post office. So in other words, it looks like they decided they didn't want to sell the comic, but they created a tracking number without shipping so there would be a plausible deniability, and then they kept the comic (to sell later at a higher price, perhaps) with the intention of refunding the buyer (me) down the line.

It's really aggravating because I don't especially enjoy being lied to, and my feeling is that if I buy something in good faith, the seller should ship in good faith. If they want to back out, then say so upfront and take the hit if I don't like it and feel like negging them in the feedback system. Instead, they make up a whole story and leave me waiting and wondering for weeks at a time. Just a really shady, shoddy way to treat a customer.

Of course, if I'm wrong and the comic shows up in a week or so (already been 3 weeks), then I'll eat all the above words.

Make sure you leave them NEGATIVE FEEDBACK! For what they did to ya sir!

2 hours ago, Vietnam67 said:

Make sure you leave them NEGATIVE FEEDBACK! For what they did to ya sir!

Yeah I'm inclined to. I suspect they are in the habit of calling eBay to get negs removed or reduced to neutrals.

Really sorry to see that this hobby is still tainted by people who fail at basic life skills, such as honesty, the Golden Rule, etc. I also had a comic stolen from me this past month in a shady way. The books, the art, the stories, the history, the culture -- that's what I love about comics. Not so much the people in the hobby who think fellow hobbyists are their personal toilets to on.

11 hours ago, Doohickamabob said:

Yeah I'm inclined to. I suspect they are in the habit of calling eBay to get negs removed or reduced to neutrals.

Really sorry to see that this hobby is still tainted by people who fail at basic life skills, such as honesty, the Golden Rule, etc. I also had a comic stolen from me this past month in a shady way. The books, the art, the stories, the history, the culture -- that's what I love about comics. Not so much the people in the hobby who think fellow hobbyists are their personal toilets to on.

If you look his ebay id up on toolhaus.org it shows any feedback that has been removed and it doesn't look like he has had any of his feedback removed.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

If you look his ebay id up on toolhaus.org it shows any feedback that has been removed and it doesn't look like he has had any of his feedback removed.

Thanks for reminding me about toolhaus.org. I used to have it in my bookmarks and will put it back again.