• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Well, I had them in my $1/$2 boxes with no takers. I have seen them in other boxes at shows as well the past couple of years. A collection I snagged a couple of years back had 10-12 copies of it as the owner said he was speculating on it. Too bad he did not pick something better like ASM 300 or NM 98 instead. doh!

Edited by kimik

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I finally got smart after selling a dozen or so in my $2 stock as soon as I restocked them. I marked them up to $5. Sold. $8. Sold. $10. Sold. Next week is my first show where I'll try them at $12 (and gladly accept $10) as stock is getting low and I don't find them by the stacks in .50/$1 boxes anymore. 

Wall book for $15
:baiting:

IH377 is as iconic a cover as it gets. Plenty of demand for that book regardless of some movie talk. All that needed to happen with that book is give is some hype and BAMF, on it is with a long overdue well deserved price correction. Unlike many other spec books I don't see how this one will go down in the future

9 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

IH377 is as iconic a cover as it gets. Plenty of demand for that book regardless of some movie talk. All that needed to happen with that book is give is some hype and BAMF, on it is with a long overdue well deserved price correction. Unlike many other spec books I don't see how this one will go down in the future

It's a book that had heat in it's past.  Like most books, that heat waned some time ago.  The 3rd print bolstered the interest in this book for awhile but that waned for a bit. 

As you stated, give a reason for people to care again and it will be definitely be something we gravitate back to.  Happens time-and-time again. 

I've said it on many ocassions, might as well buy books that were hot in the past (I know, there are plenty of exceptions to that) when they are down.  

Patrick 

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

White Widow 1 is currently on fire and what I like about it is that No 1 regular issue is approaching the price of all the variants. 

There was an A & B cover for all retailers. There were multiple store variants and it was a Kickstarter campaign before being picked up. Prices are all over depending on release and advertised sold amount.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

There was an A & B cover for all retailers. There were multiple store variants and it was a Kickstarter campaign before being picked up. Prices are all over depending on release and advertised sold amount.

Yes many of those variants are from the kickstarter package. The one I would avoid would be the convention variant only because I believe the print run would be higher then even the regular no1s due to being at New York convention. 

Many have commented the silver regular issue is stunning in hand but I haven't seen one yet. Jamie seems to he the cover artist most wanted as well.

Regular issues seem to be $20-30 currently either A Or B.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes many of those variants are from the kickstarter package. The one I would avoid would be the convention variant only because I believe the print run would be higher then even the regular no1s due to being at New York convention. 

Many have commented the silver regular issue is stunning in hand but I haven't seen one yet. Jamie seems to he the cover artist most wanted as well.

There is a second print coming of the A & B covers. They are also doing a ratio variant for the second print. I don't think that has ever happened.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Does anyone have any idea of the print run size of the White Widow regular covers---or it is still too early to know that figure?

35 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Does anyone have any idea of the print run size of the White Widow regular covers---or it is still too early to know that figure?

Too early unless someone can find some info from the company. Judging from supply and demand I am thinking its not that high, but take that with a grain of salt. Its a small production company and other then NYC and Kickstarter not a lot of press. I am comparing it so far to Zombie Tramp style launch.

What I find interesting that the regular issue is seeing such fire.

Wal-Mart Superman Giant 7 is drawing tons of heat for a 12 page torture and murder scene featuring Lois. I wouldn't be shocked if this issue gets pulled. Copies are already selling for $25 on ebay.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/20/superman-walmart-comic-lois-lane-controversy-tom-king/

23 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Wal-Mart Superman Giant 7 is drawing tons of heat for a 12 page torture and murder scene featuring Lois. I wouldn't be shocked if this issue gets pulled. Copies are already selling for $25 on ebay.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/20/superman-walmart-comic-lois-lane-controversy-tom-king/

It's more then one murder scene I think they kill her at least 3 times in the story. I was surprised when I read it

23 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I have a feeling this will be like Batman Damned #1. Get in early. 

56 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

It's more then one murder scene I think they kill her at least 3 times in the story. I was surprised when I read it

I originally thought it was one long scene and then I read it. She dies many more times than three. There's four full page deaths, plus the 9 panels of various deaths on the one page. Plus whatever is happening to her at the hands of the Joker (nothing good). I picked up 4 copies from my local store today and may go hunting for some more tomorrow. I think this one may be better to wait a little while to the bottom feeders disappear from ebay and the $15 copies dry up. 

Where are they in the stores? I stopped by the Walmart by my house but no luck finding the DC display I see in a lot pictures. Sped through the toy aisle and the books aisle and didn't see anything. I was in a hurry, so there's a good chance I overlooked them.

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I originally thought it was one long scene and then I read it. She dies many more times than three. There's four full page deaths, plus the 9 panels of various deaths on the one page. Plus whatever is happening to her at the hands of the Joker (nothing good). I picked up 4 copies from my local store today and may go hunting for some more tomorrow. I think this one may be better to wait a little while to the bottom feeders disappear from ebay and the $15 copies dry up. 

Not to pry, but I got one, are you saying this is more a turnover thing? (Some think flip is a dirty word)

I didn't go for Batman damned #1 because that was, imo, silly, but this one I was going to hold...

I'm not too familiar, will no one remember this book if A) it doesn't get recalled? B) does?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
?

48 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Where are they in the stores? I stopped by the Walmart by my house but no luck finding the DC display I see in a lot pictures. Sped through the toy aisle and the books aisle and didn't see anything. I was in a hurry, so there's a good chance I overlooked them.

They are not with those things, usually by the registers with Pokemon and such.

48 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

They are up by the checkout area, there is an aisle with cards and stuff.