• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Anyone have opinions on Marvel Team-Up #65 (first U.S. appearance of Captain Britain) and Batman Who Laughs #1 January 2019 issue? There is a mid-grade copy of Marvel Team-Up #65 available at my local comic shop for about $12 and I'm wondering if Captain Britain will be a big deal in a year or two.  And the Grim Knight is a Batman-Punisher mash-up who seems he could be a very popular character, Grim Knight first appears in Batman Who Laughs #1.

2 hours ago, Comic_Book_Chaser3 said:

Anyone have opinions on Marvel Team-Up #65 (first U.S. appearance of Captain Britain) and Batman Who Laughs #1 January 2019 issue? There is a mid-grade copy of Marvel Team-Up #65 available at my local comic shop for about $12 and I'm wondering if Captain Britain will be a big deal in a year or two.  And the Grim Knight is a Batman-Punisher mash-up who seems he could be a very popular character, Grim Knight first appears in Batman Who Laughs #1.

Mid grade MTU 65?  Pass.   9.8 or better on that book.  

batman Who Laughs #1?  Sure, if it's cheap enough, why not?  

21 hours ago, valiantman said:

Ah, OK, I see what you're saying.  You're saying that CGC saw and graded copies of Rai #0 and the first (and only) one they "gave" a CGC 10.0 label was the one copy that I own, not necessarily the first copy they could have given a CGC 10.0 label, since it's possible they graded other copies as good or better than the one they selected for the CGC 10.0 label.  OK, got it.  Yes, it's entirely possible that there are CGC 9.8 Rai #0 books that should/could have been "given" a CGC 10.0 label before the one that did get one when it was graded on 11/14/2001. There were three copies of CGC 9.8 Rai #0 on the census for January 2002. I also own two of those three, so if it's possible that one of those three also deserved a CGC 10.0 label, then there's a 67% chance I own it, too. :foryou:

0101316003_300.jpg 0101316005_300.jpg

If one considers nothing but statistical distribution, setting aside the standards of CGC (unpublished OR stated), there are thousands and thousands of books sitting in 9.8 slabs that are objectively worthy of being in 9.9 or 10 slabs.

And that's unfortunate, but what are you going to do, other than continue to point it out?

10 hours ago, Comic_Book_Chaser3 said:

There is a preview of Batman Who Laughs #1 in Justice League #13.

Umbrella Academy is on really on fire. I sold my FCBD in under an hour at full BIN. I mean its just a Netflix show, but man
has it caused demand to sky rocket.

Immortal Hulk is really on fire too. Sold a couple at BIN within hours of listing.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Umbrella Academy is on really on fire. I sold my FCBD in under an hour at full BIN. I mean its just a Netflix show, but man

Immortal Hulk is really on fire too. Sold a couple at BIN within hours of listing.

It's those rabid Gerard Way fans

i don't expect those prices to go down for awhile

Rai 0 NM hitting $50s ...geez... look at the number of copies sold today.... is this all due to the upcoming movie or has there been other news recently?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rai-0-First-Full-Appearance-of-Bloodshot-by-Valiant-Comics-in-NM-Condition/123661285809?hash=item1ccac979b1:g:AWEAAOSwPsRccc4Y

Edited by Wolverinex

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Rai 0 NM hitting $50s ...geez... look at the number of copies sold today.... is this all due to the upcoming movie or has there been other news recently?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rai-0-First-Full-Appearance-of-Bloodshot-by-Valiant-Comics-in-NM-Condition/123661285809?hash=item1ccac979b1:g:AWEAAOSwPsRccc4Y

image.thumb.png.e879e714880b3565ed46a4fdafd04f17.png

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Damn, I wish CGC would allow us to add fast track after submission. I have a couple UA #1's and a couple FCBD pristine copies that I got signed by Ba at NYCC, but I had them pressed and didn't do FT. I thought they would be done and back to me by the time the show started, but they aren't. I should have them soon, but market might slow by then. Oh well.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, ygogolak said:

There is a preview of Batman Who Laughs #1 in Justice League #13.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:44 PM, Second Blight said:

that preview was in all of the December DC books

Yes, but I believe Justice League came out first. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On 2/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, fastballspecial said:

Don't remind me; I sold either right before the show started or a couple days after -- before the huge surge. It was a Best Offer on a bundle lot of 5 various #1 issues.