• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

so that book is based off of a action figure line???

Yup, started as a character in a line of 'bootleg' custom figures (all made by hand and very limited in numbers). Existed for years as just a toy, with the backstory being fleshed out only through the card backs...100% is supposed to be a pure 80s combination of everything cool (Skeletor & Darth Vadar to name a few).

Some info her about it https://wehadthatstuff.blogspot.com/2020/06/phantom-starkiller-history-and-future.html

9 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Yup, started as a character in a line of 'bootleg' custom figures (all made by hand and very limited in numbers). Existed for years as just a toy, with the backstory being fleshed out only through the card backs...100% is supposed to be a pure 80s combination of everything cool (Skeletor & Darth Vadar to name a few).

Some info her about it https://wehadthatstuff.blogspot.com/2020/06/phantom-starkiller-history-and-future.html

Surprised there is a lawsuit.  The electronics on the chest are straight Vader.  And the saber pushes it over the top. 

Definitely not a book I was aware of. 

Patrick

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Looks like Last Ronin dropped a bit last Wednesday down to 15 with the glut but  seems to be going back up now to 25-29 again.  

Its an oversized book so while there is a built in fan base the decision to do that hurts the book.

And it appears to have been heavily speculated on. Prices will likely react accordingly and adjust down when the series is over.

Edited by kimik

On 10/28/2020 at 12:21 AM, FlyingDonut said:

It is legitimately hard to find plus the very unpleasant person who drew it has a remarkably hardcore following. That being said, I figured about $100. I'll believe $680 when money is in my checking account.

W.T.F. :whatthe:

And a nice bonus, $30 bucks US to ship to Canada!  You dawg, you!  :banana:

3 hours ago, spreads said:
On 10/27/2020 at 9:21 PM, FlyingDonut said:

It is legitimately hard to find plus the very unpleasant person who drew it has a remarkably hardcore following. That being said, I figured about $100. I'll believe $680 when money is in my checking account.

W.T.F. :whatthe:

And a nice bonus, $30 bucks US to ship to Canada!  You dawg, you!  :banana:

Could it be "the very unpleasant person" himself buying the book driving up prices??!? hm

Henchgirl was announced for a Disney adaptation (Freeform), lots of sales yesterday but no crazy price inflations yet. I just remember how hard this book was to come by when it was released by Scout, I’m pretty sure I got one of the literal few copies that were available in my town when it dropped. Some months later I tried to order a copy of the collected 1 & 2 from Scouts website, but they had sold out and sent me a copy of both 1 and 2 instead. That was a pretty awesome error to have fallen on me.

Anyway, the book is just delightful. One of my favorite indies of the last handful years. I hope this will be a good adaptation.

19 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Henchgirl was announced for a Disney adaptation (Freeform), lots of sales yesterday but no crazy price inflations yet. I just remember how hard this book was to come by when it was released by Scout, I’m pretty sure I got one of the literal few copies that were available in my town when it dropped. Some months later I tried to order a copy of the collected 1 & 2 from Scouts website, but they had sold out and sent me a copy of both 1 and 2 instead. That was a pretty awesome error to have fallen on me.

Anyway, the book is just delightful. One of my favorite indies of the last handful years. I hope this will be a good adaptation.

Its....Freeform. Didnt do anything for Cloak & Dagger, aint doing anything for this book.

Edited by Second Blight