• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Previews and Ads = no dice

Worth a shot but it's the same full court shot blindfolded behind your back for a couple of years now and the ball isn't getting to half court

A worthy attempt, but falling short...

Of course that's just my opinion

Carry on

Worth a shot but it's the same full court shot blindfolded behind your back for a couple of years now and the ball isn't getting to half court

Carry on

If one likes to collect those things, that's cool. But most people will not consider that as important as an actual story, and it's silly to think that they should. Without the ads, the story still holds importance. Without the stories, the ads are irrelevant.

Carry on

If one likes to collect those things, that's cool. But most people will not consider that as important as an actual story, and it's silly to think that they should. Without the ads, the story still holds importance. Without the stories, the ads are irrelevant.

I understand people not wanting to collect advertisements but there are exceptions and some are quite valuable.

I truly did not mean to restart a debate people may be tired of but that Spider-Man Sampler looks like a key Cap Marvel to me and the market has all but dried up.

:ohnoez:

IMG_4223_zpscccc8afb.jpgAvenging 8

An ad, which is not particularly important.

there is a preview in the back of DC Comics Presents 26 that people seem to be paying quite a bit for.

and that Malibu Sun issue with the guy in a big red cape with chains seems to command some money as well.

there is a preview in the back of DC Comics Presents 26 that people seem to be paying quite a bit for.

and that Malibu Sun issue with the guy in a big red cape with chains seems to command some money as well.

A 'preview" is different than an advertisement. Malibu Sun is an odd one for sure.

A preview != PREVIEWS.

No, there isn't. It's a full, original story, not a preview of NTT 1.

Did I say it was a preview of NTT 1? No, I didn't. It is a preview though, says so right there on the cover. Thanks for playing.

I was thinknig exactly that.. Pretty good comparison to Summer/Spidey book as they both are odd books with the character in question on the cover and full preview inside and obviously pre-dated the book. The key questions now are: Will Captain Marvel (The movie) prove to be a hit movie? and whats the print run for Summer/Spidey?? If the answers are: Big and small, you can bet that this odd preview book will be a huge winner.

Did I say it was a preview of NTT 1? No, I didn't. It is a preview though, says so right there on the cover. Thanks for playing.

Sorry. Didn't realize you deferred your own powers of judgment to someone slapping promo copy onto a comic-book cover. Probably for the best.

Sorry. Didn't realize you deferred your own powers of judgment to someone slapping promo copy onto a comic-book cover. Probably for the best.

I'm deferring to the source material, which serves the purpose of a preview and is labeled a preview by the company that created it. Carry on.

I don't really buy into the whole Previews / ad page thing. Saying that, I guess I did jump at the chance to pick these up. But definitely exceptions to the rule in my opinion....

EclipseExtra44front_zps0a28b5d2.jpg

MegatonExplosion.jpg

Edited by dane323