• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

you understand that I am aware of all the things that you are saying? Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel period.

Trying to grasp at straws about two books that came out the same week, or previews of them, is as I said, craziness.

If CGC is going to label books, Captain Marvel will be labelled "Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel."

Except that part is completely false.

you understand that I am aware of all the things that you are saying? Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel period.

Trying to grasp at straws about two books that came out the same week, or previews of them, is as I said, craziness.

If CGC is going to label books, Captain Marvel will be labelled "Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel."

Except that part is completely false.

A Week is 7 days....

But what about this part, is it true?

you understand that everyone buying that is from this thread, and its offshoots.

I am not advocating people to buy either. But anyone who is trying to deny that the comic book where Carol becomes Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel is crazy.

It's already been established that CHRONOLOGICALLY Captain Marvel #1 takes place before Avenging #9 story-wise, but Avenging #9 still hit the newstands a week earlier, and she is clearly Captain Marvel in that issue.

Why do you bother arguing with him? It's useless. He completely believes his own delusions.

+1 and thank you, I gave up a long long time ago.

you understand that everyone buying that is from this thread, and its offshoots.

I am not advocating people to buy either. But anyone who is trying to deny that the comic book where Carol becomes Captain Marvel is the comic where she becomes Captain Marvel is crazy.

It's already been established that CHRONOLOGICALLY Captain Marvel #1 takes place before Avenging #9 story-wise, but Avenging #9 still hit the newstands a week earlier, and she is clearly Captain Marvel in that issue.

Why do you bother arguing with him? It's useless. He completely believes his own delusions.

+1 and thank you, I gave up a long long time ago.

(thumbs u

I'm done, I'll go debate a brick wall next time.

zzz

:acclaim:

If even one person is saved from wasting money on Urkel Twerk garbage, then just like my warnings/hate trade off in the Manifest Destiny thread, very worth it. Mission accomplished.

Captain Marvel #1 - "Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel"

150928.jpg.3774955ff0f21181d9a9b3420e96c500.jpg

150929.jpg.43ea087e5819d114f85ae19580ce95c7.jpg

150930.jpg.c3c5b0bd496b11331ad5e1de76609af8.jpg

150931.jpg.c49efe58e4095fe48f92854c60c355bd.jpg

Edited by CBT

If nothing else, this Cpt. Marvel debate is pretty entertaining to read. You know, if this was a topic that candidates debated over I'd pay way more attention to politics.

in a debate people are suppose to listen to the other sides points, not just smoke crack and live in candy land.

:ohnoez:

IMG_4223_zpscccc8afb.jpgAvenging 8

An ad, which is not particularly important.

there is a preview in the back of DC Comics Presents 26 that people seem to be paying quite a bit for.

and that Malibu Sun issue with the guy in a big red cape with chains seems to command some money as well.

DC Comics Presents 26 contains a story that is not available in New Teen Titans 1.

still a preview

If you say it enough times, that ought to make it true. Except for people who understand what the prefix "pre" and the word "view" mean, of course.

What's the first comic you could buy on the newstand/comic shop that featured Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel? I'll take my answer off the air.

The one where she becomes Captain Marvel.

But she's already Captain Marvel in Avenging #9, says so right on the first page.

She's not Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel #1.....then she decides to take the name, and she is. Hence, the first time she becomes Captain Marvel, is the panel where she becomes Captain Marvel.

So, since Detective 27 isn't the first appearance of Batman any more, anyone know what was?

If nothing else, this Cpt. Marvel debate is pretty entertaining to read. You know, if this was a topic that candidates debated over I'd pay way more attention to politics.

in a debate people are suppose to listen to the other sides points, not just smoke crack and live in candy land.

That doesn't seem too far off from the actual political debates :D

Especially in Toronto

Edited by majawi

That doesn't seem too far off from the actual political debates :D

Especially in Toronto

Politicians don't listen to anything. Cracked me up lol

So, since Detective 27 isn't the first appearance of Batman any more, anyone know what was?

Not in even the slightest way, does that make sense or is it valid.

MSH 13 is the first Appearance of Carol Danvers

Captain Marvel #1 Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel

Even with all the fussing here, I dont see anyone actual willing to claim the Carol doesnt become Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel, because....wait for it.... she does.

If CGC labelled them it would be:

Captain Marvel #1 - Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel

Avenging Spider-man #9 - Captain Marvel appearance

Carol Danvers becomes Captain Marvel, a super hero, I'd argue the dawn of super hero comics was in 1938 beginning with Action Comics 1... 1+9+3+8 = 21. Therefore, Action Comics 21 is the issue to collect for Cpt. Marvel movie hype profit. Case closed, folks.

DC Comics Presents 26 contains a story that is not available in New Teen Titans 1.

still a preview

If you say it enough times, that ought to make it true. Except for people who understand what the prefix "pre" and the word "view" mean, of course.

It was a preview yesterday, its a preview today, and it will be a preview tomorrow. You can insult me as much as you want, it won't make you any less wrong. Its referred to as a preview by its creators and serves the purpose of a preview.

But if AS#9 was released first, would that not be her first appearance as Captain Marvel?

No dog in this fight, just curious. (shrug)

But if AS#9 was released first, would that not be her first appearance as Captain Marvel?

No dog in this fight, just curious. (shrug)

I have CBT on ignore but can see his words in the quote... he doesn't care what came out when.. in his head since he said something, it simply is, and nobody else it right.

Edited by ZaCrew