• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

http://comicsheatingup.net/2014/11/08/amazing-spiderman-9-variants/

Heat is on these....3 k print on the color ComicXposure and 1500 on the B&W.

These won't last long on their website.

Where is the heat? :shrug: Looks like it's an article about books for sale on a website. Any eBay sales to show some heat?

Where is the heat? :shrug: Looks like it's an article about books for sale on a website. Any eBay sales to show some heat?

The heat is a 9.99 book that just came out is selling on ebay for 24 and rising. :makepoint:

The heat is a 9.99 book that just came out is selling on ebay for 24 and rising. :makepoint:

Where is that pointed out in the article or your post?

Its not I just did some research on past sales. With a 3 k print run these will dry up fast....its her first 616 appearance as well as second overall appearance, add the fact its the first time Silk and Spider-Gwen on a cover together = heater

I don't see a single recorded sale of $24 on this book. Am I missing something...?

I also think the gray "shadow" on the b/w variant looks like . Should have just gone without it.

Yes, I ACTUALLY *did* look! OK, the book must clearly be worth $25 (despite the fact that it's readily available in bulk for $9,99).

I stand corrected.

People don't know where to look though. How many times do we see people paying higher in auctions than BINs available?

Yes, I ACTUALLY *did* look! OK, the book must clearly be worth $25 (despite the fact that it's readily available in bulk for $9,99).

I stand corrected.

People don't know where to look though. How many times do we see people paying higher in auctions than BINs available?

There certainly is a fairly high tax for stupidity. I just wouldn't confuse that for an accurate reflection of FMV.

I have an almost allergic reaction to shop variants, in particular, as it's the worst example of the "manufactured collectible" aspect of the hobby. That being said, if I have a choice between $25 for the true first appearance of what could end up being a very key character (EoSV 2), or this shop variant, featuring her second cover appearance...um, gee, well...let's just say it's not a close call here.

I stand corrected.

There certainly is a fairly high tax for stupidity. I just wouldn't confuse that for an accurate reflection of FMV.

I have an almost allergic reaction to shop variants, in particular, as it's the worst example of the "manufactured collectible" aspect of the hobby. That being said, if I have a choice between $25 for the true first appearance of what could end up being a very key character (EoSV 2), or this shop variant, featuring her second cover appearance...um, gee, well...let's just say it's not a close call here.

They're both stoopid, and will be worth nothing this time next year. lol

I stand corrected.

Sooooo true.. Everyone's cashing in on Spider Gwen now, there will be more "manufactured collectible" (I like that term) like these in the future, but the real gem here will always be EOSV #2. Even 2nd prints of this book are moving so quick I cant keep up

Guys your missing the point here. Its her first 616 appearance, second overall, and first time on a cover with Silk, Spider-man. Low print run combined this is going to be a key book. If you don't think so then clearly you don't understand moderns.

Guys your missing the point here. Its her first 616 appearance, second overall, and first time on a cover with Silk, Spider-man. Low print run combined this is going to be a key book. If you don't think so then clearly you don't understand moderns.

I'm comfortable with my lack of understanding.

In three years, I'll be shocked if there's people asking us at shows for second appearances of Spider-Gwen. EoSV 2 will be the book that lasts.

If you can flip some of these secondary books in the short term, though, all power to you.

lol

This is a moderns heating up thread not a how much will these books be worth 2-10 years from now. Wishing this thread would get back to that and not all the poo poo on variants or why moderns shouldn't be heating up. Oh well (shrug)
The people you are getting snarky with have been doing this for a long time, and are quite successful. They got that way by spotting books that are truly hot and having their BS meters on all the time. I prefer a few reasonable naysayers to the sappy rah-rah pump on most other boards, a little balance goes a long way.

WE all should know that there is a market in making region, shop or area specific variant covers.

WE all should know that sometimes there is a lot of money to be made.

WE all should know this is an element of the 90's creeping back into modern collecting and it sucks.

WE all should know that I am a hypocrite.

However, that does not make moderns heating up on ebay.

WE all should know that there is a market in making region, shop or area specific variant covers.

WE all should know that sometimes there is a lot of money to be made.

WE all should know this is an element of the 90's creeping back into modern collecting and it sucks.

WE all should know that I am a hypocrite.

WE all know that I'm high.

However, that does not make moderns heating up on ebay.

Added one for ya (thumbs u

Edited by Awax