• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

When was the last time someone got really jazzed about "2nd appearance overall"...? I can't recall that label designation on any CGC slabs, or any books that have appreciated in value as a result.

X-Force #2? (shrug)

Sure, this is now paying off well to everyone that held that book for 23 years. :)

What's the rate of return on the original investment after holding a worthless book for 23 years until someone actually cares? I don't know about you, but I prefer my flips a little bit quicker than that.

This statement pretty much sums it up. :facepalm:

Who says you have to hold on a book like x-force #2 for 23 years to be profitable, I picked up 8 of them 6 months ago at a local "special" comic show where countless books can be had for a quarter each. I even grabbed multiple copies of x-factor 5 & 6, infinity gauntlets 1-6, tales of teen titans 44.

The show was yesterday and I picked up a ton of Youngblood 3 spawn 3D and full high grade runs of 1980's DC Comics all at a quarter each.

You got to know where to look!!!

When was the last time someone got really jazzed about "2nd appearance overall"...? I can't recall that label designation on any CGC slabs, or any books that have appreciated in value as a result.

X-Force #2? (shrug)

Sure, this is now paying off well to everyone that held that book for 23 years. :)

What's the rate of return on the original investment after holding a worthless book for 23 years until someone actually cares? I don't know about you, but I prefer my flips a little bit quicker than that.

This statement pretty much sums it up. :facepalm:

Who says you have to hold on a book like x-force #2 for 23 years to be profitable, I picked up 8 of them 6 months ago at a local "special" comic show where countless books can be had for a quarter each. I even grabbed multiple copies of x-factor 5 & 6, infinity gauntlets 1-6, tales of teen titans 44.

The show was yesterday and I picked up a ton of Youngblood 3 spawn 3D and full high grade runs of 1980's DC Comics all at a quarter each.

You got to know where to look!!!

Well, the context of the original comment was in reguards to a current book. I think the point was that the first app. was a much better pick because the second took 23 years to heat up even a bit. Edited by Mike's Rack

IDW's Ghostbusters & TMNT #1 Gold Variant @ $127 & 44 watchers. Actually, I see a couple of them on the top ten. So it's popular at the moment.

Tooth & Claw #1 Black and White Variant @ $22 & 37 watchers. I don't know anything about this one. (shrug)

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 1:25 Variant @ $87 & 30 bids. I have numerous copies of these variants along with the regular cover all over the Modern Age section of Lyria. It's something of a phenomena for spidey lore lovers.

Edited by whetteon

IDW's Ghostbusters & TMNT #1 Gold Variant @ $127 & 44 watchers. Actually, I see a couple of them on the top ten. So it's popular at the moment.

Tooth & Claw #1 Black and White Variant @ $22 & 37 watchers. I don't know anything about this one. (shrug)

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 1:25 Variant @ $87 & 30 bids. I have numerous copies of these variants along with the regular cover all over the Modern Age section of Lyria. It's something of a phenomena for spidey lore lovers.

Limited to 500 I believe and they were allocated to retailers without any prior knowledge. Not all retailers of course.

Edge of Spider-Verse #2 1:25 Variant @ $87 & 30 bids. I have numerous copies of these variants along with the regular cover all over the Modern Age section of Lyria. It's something of a phenomena for spidey lore lovers. speculators

Fixed it for you.

Limited to 500 I believe and they were allocated to retailers without any prior knowledge. Not all retailers of course.

re: Tooth & Claw variant

It was an unannounced variant provided free to the top 500 Image/Diamond accounts.

Posting auctions in progress is an awful metric.

Just sayin...

Edited by LarrysComics

Jez...

How many sets does this person have?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edge-Of-Spider-Verse-1-5-Complete-/331371189122?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d27431382

I'm looking at maybe grabbing a few more, but I've got over 20 copies as it is...

(shrug). Could be BS. Could be a great deal.

Got a set of these today.

Shipped fast and 1st print on the #2.

Surprised.

Good for the seller and to all that ordered some.

I think she'll do great too. I Would normally find it hard to believe her books could get any hotter but I thought that about deadpool too before his movie announcement.

most books this morning on eBay sold when I was checking earlier.

9.6s were selling for $500+ (BA12)

Jez...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edge-Of-Spider-Verse-1-5-Complete-/331371189122?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d27431382

I'm looking at maybe grabbing a few more, but I've got over 20 copies as it is...

Surprised.

$25 for the set is still a great price for the complete series.

Jez...

Surprised.

I get no love for mentioning :sorry: