• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Have you looked at eBay prices lately? $10 with S&H is pretty much the norm for that issue.

And you are not speculating on this book, you are hoarding. Nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't sound like you are purchasing with the intent to flip. Just as one collector to another, avoid the hype and look around. There are plenty of deals for past hot books once the speculators move onto other books.

I'm with ya. As I said elsewhere in this thread, my addiction to this issue, and any of the SW books really, doesn't make much sense. But you should see my stack of ASM 265s.

Which reminds me, I need to track down more ASM 265s. hm

Bet my stack is bigger , been collecting the Sable for years

Probably true. I think I have 10 or so.

I've got a couple 9.8 slabs and a few raws of various grades. And perhaps a slab-worthy second print, if there is ever a reason to slab it.

Niiiiiiiiccceee! I don't have any to sell but really enjoy his acting.

Awesome! So does that mean Preacher #51 will go even higher now?

AWESOME! i tossed that in as a freebie when I sold a big preacher lot (including #1, multiples of #2, etc.) last year for what the #1 is worth right now. brilliant move!

As much as I love your freebies you should probably stop including them

:foryou:

According to Comicrhon Darth Vader 3 only has about 85K copies. For a Star Wars book thats seems low.

My LCS got shorted on how many they received of that book so that doesn't surprise me.

A lot of copies of this issue in particular have the ink rub on the front cover, and hence, why a NM (True NM) copy will fetch a higher price.

According to Comicrhon Darth Vader 3 only has about 85K copies. For a Star Wars book thats seems low.

So about 3400 of the 1:25 variant.....make that 3398 since i own 2 of them and already put them in my "forgot what i got here box" :devil:

Edited by Santos208

So about 3400 of the 1:25 variant.....make that 3398 since i own 2 of them and already put them in my "forgot what i got here box" :devil:

Not everyone gets 25 or more copies so it'll probably be less, but it'd be pretty hard to know how many unless you work for the distributor or publisher

Pinky

What's that Harley Quinn book in your signature line?

It's a commission I had done by the sick and talented Chadwick Haverland

Here's a better photo of it.

download_zps7mbw3fyp.jpg

Note: He also did my Rocket killing Jar Jar Binks Star Wars #1 you see 1st in my graphic, better photo below.

1314613001_zpsl9hmhxdg.jpg

The man is a magician with pencils and ink IMHO

Awesome sketches. Love Rocket killing Jar Jar!

Edited by FutureFlash

Pinky

What's that Harley Quinn book in your signature line?

It's a commission I had done by the sick and talented Chadwick Haverland

Here's a better photo of it.

download_zps7mbw3fyp.jpg

Note: He also did my Rocket killing Jar Jar Binks Star Wars #1 you see 1st in my graphic, better photo below.

1314613001_zpsl9hmhxdg.jpg

The man is a magician with pencils and ink IMHO

Awesome sketches. Love Rocket killing Jar Jar!

those are frikkin amazing!!!!

My LCS got shorted on how many they received of that book so that doesn't surprise me.

A lot of copies of this issue in particular have the ink rub on the front cover, and hence, why a NM (True NM) copy will fetch a higher price.

Can you tell us more about the ink rub? Not sure it's something I've seen.

Can you tell us more about the ink rub? Not sure it's something I've seen.

Yeah, on most Marvel books produced in the last few years, the waxy ink will rub off on the back cover of the book on top of it creating spots on the cover while being boxed/shipped. Reasons why if you are careless and do not pull out the boards, place the book on it, and slide board and book into the bag you will get ink rub streaks down the backing board. Also, instant VF grade drop. Surprised nobody else has sent nasty letters to Marvel as to why their ink sucks as of late besides the cost cutting parents at Disney that is.

I went to 4 stores the day of Darth #3's release to find a non-rubbed copy. Due to the coloring of the book, a lot of people mistook the rub for actual cover art.

Yeah, on most Marvel books produced in the last few years, the waxy ink will rub off on the back cover of the book on top of it creating spots on the cover while being boxed/shipped. Reasons why if you are careless and do not pull out the boards, place the book on it, and slide board and book into the bag you will get ink rub streaks down the backing board. Also, instant VF grade drop. Surprised nobody else has sent nasty letters to Marvel as to why their ink sucks as of late besides the cost cutting parents at Disney that is.

I went to 4 stores the day of Darth #3's release to find a non-rubbed copy. Due to the coloring of the book, a lot of people mistook the rub for actual cover art.

And I thought the paper they used was bad.

I'll have to take a closer look at my comics to see if this has happened on any of them. It's certainly not anything I've noticed before, but that doesn't mean it's not happening on some.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm a big fan of the thicker stock DC has been using on some of their titles... Mad Max books for instance.

I'm going to have to take a closer look at my Darth Vader's tonight to see if I notice any of that rub... didnt notice any when I bought them, but just to make sure. Thanks for the info!

More of those 1:25 variants were sold after initial sales via Diamond. You cannot determine how many of those exists from the initial orders. That was the incentive ratio for the initial orders, a number of those incentive books sold to retailers after that.

Edited by rjrjr

I'm a big fan of the thicker stock DC has been using on some of their titles... Mad Max books for instance.

+1

Batman had that stock up to and including the Endgame arc; now they've gone to a thinner stock. :cry: