• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Batman #357 is gapping up again now as well. The last 9.8 closed at $669. I wonder what my Canadian newsstand 9.8 copy would go for now? It is still the one and only graded Canadian newsstand edition, and another 9.8 will be tough.........

only one way to find out...99 cent no reserve auction! with free international shipping!

I am leaning more towards posting it on eBay at $2000 or best offer and seeing what happens.

I hope the spec is true. I love the Jason Todd/Red Hood story line. 635 is one of the few books I buy every time I find them at a reasonable price. Very under valued book for a long time IMO and can see it exploding if Red Hood hits the screen one day.

Batman #357 is gapping up again now as well. The last 9.8 closed at $669. I wonder what my Canadian newsstand 9.8 copy would go for now? It is still the one and only properly identified graded Canadian newsstand edition, and another 9.8 will be tough.........

Fixed.

Batman #357 is gapping up again now as well. The last 9.8 closed at $669. I wonder what my Canadian newsstand 9.8 copy would go for now? It is still the one and only properly identified graded Canadian newsstand edition, and another 9.8 will be tough.........

Fixed.

Do you have one or two tucked away as well? If yes, post it in the CDN newsstand variant thread and fire that sucker back up. It is probably a few pages back now.

Batman 635 is on fire.

Is that cause Jason Todd is the Joker in the SS film? :wishluck:

No, That's Movieplot madness. Joker is Not Jason Todd. Jason Todd will be in a solo Batman film as Red Hood.

I may be in the minority but I actually like the idea of the Joker driving Jason mad leading to his emulation of the Joker. If Robin were turned into a Joker disciple then there is no need to really show the Joker in the film. In my opinion allusions and well crafted references to the clown prince would make for a better film.

I hope the spec is true. I love the Jason Todd/Red Hood story line. 635 is one of the few books I buy every time I find them at a reasonable price. Very under valued book for a long time IMO and can see it exploding if Red Hood hits the screen one day.

It already has.

It already has.

Hmmm maybe. I am leaning towards its current selling price as heating up. It's been said they have big long term plans for Red Hood. I can see it going much higher than its currently selling for. If Red Hood actually winds up in a live action film I see no reason it won't become a $100+ raw book IMO.

It already has.

Hmmm maybe. I am leaning towards its current selling price as heating up. It's been said they have big long term plans for Red Hood. I can see it going much higher than its currently selling for. If Red Hood actually winds up in a live action film I see no reason it won't become a $100+ raw book IMO.

Brings up an interesting question, what Modern book has broke the $100 mark for a movie character? Only single character I can think of is Winter Soldier. GotG, but they are a team and it wasn't any characters first appearances.

Red Hood has already been seen briefly in Gotham too...

Edit: Gotham TV series**

Yes, but that character was more akin to the original Red Hood. Jason Todd is just a later iteration.

You've gotta think Justice Society of America vol. 2 #1 gets a nice bump with the casting of Jesse Quick for season 2 of Flash.

Not sure if it will be I saw just a ton of $1-5 BINS on eBay the day of the announcement on Lyria. I knew something was up when that many comics of a particular issue just all but disappears in one day.

Edited by whetteon

Batman 635 is on fire.

I had contemplated trying to work back and get some pre 52 bats and was looking at some lots but then saw what this book was doing and grabbed one before it got way too high for a modern book.

One questionable auction up right now at $50( no defined grade) and the rest of th BINs at 75-100. It's a pretty crazy time to be buying this book

Batman 635 is on fire.

I had contemplated trying to work back and get some pre 52 bats and was looking at some lots but then saw what this book was doing and grabbed one before it got way too high for a modern book.

One questionable auction up right now at $50( no defined grade) and the rest of th BINs at 75-100. It's a pretty crazy time to be buying this book

It did heat up rather quick the last few months. I'd guess it's start was the video game. Yet it does have quite a bit going for it anyway. The print run of 60,901 isn't extremely massive for a nice key with long term potential as this one, his first appearance, he's on the cover, he's appeared in a few animated works, a fan favorite for many, DC states to have big plans for him.

I did see that auction over $50 and it looks legit with the bigger feedback bidders but who knows. I just can't tell how clean the book is in pics like that. They are in the wild that's for sure. Last two cons I picked up a few with the most expensive being $15 and as low as 2 for $4.