• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Just curious has anyone found a Hulk 22 newsstand yet? Marvel has all but given up newsstands in my area now.

Maybe Lon found one around philly?

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/60486-marvel-to-halt-selling-periodical-comics-in-bookstores.html

Marvel Halts Sales of Periodical Comics in Bookstores

by Calvin Reid | 
Dec 30, 2013

Gabriel confirmed that Marvel's single-issue comics program to bookstores has been ended. He said that Marvel ended newsstand sales of print comics “about two years ago,” and the single-issue program at BAM and B&N “ended almost three months ago to no fanfare or notice from the comics industry.” Gabriel said “the business in the direct market [the comics shop market] is a much stronger model and try as we might, we have not been able to make the comics newsstand model work for years, I don’t think anyone has.”

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Well that answered my question. I had noticed they disappeared from Barnes and Nobles and I hadn't seen many at BAM either the last year. Really sad to see that. 

On 9/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, drotto said:

Where do people think the Millar "universe" characters are going to go after the recent Netflix news?

I think next year you will start hearing about some of the properties being in development. There are so many its hard to guess which ones will be slated, but I think its not expensive to try and spread the table on some. A lot of the books are not that expensive yet. 

But, if you think about it, I bet a lot of them will get made. This is a counter move to Disney taking away Marvel from them. They needed a big comic book arm of their company to develop into series. Im sure when they learned that Disney was going to go off on their own, they needed to start shopping and Millarworld looked most attractive with so many unproduced properties. Personally, Im hoping Nemesis and Reborn are made. 

On 5/13/2016 at 9:46 PM, Rhymenoceros said:

Always loved the Tron variants. Kept a set and sold a set. can't believe those print runs are that small (according to that link).

That link is dead wrong. They're making up numbers out of thin air. They're trying to apply the "1:15" number...which is an ORDERING ratio, not a PRINT RUN ratio...and applying it to the amount of copies SOLD in North America, and thinking those numbers have anything to do with each other.

They do not.

Those numbers are total fabrications.

How do we know...?

Because, with very few exceptions, Marvel does not reveal print runs of their variants. 

Ever.

Few moderns selling well

Weapon X 8 Venomized Variant - Sold out locally fast and seems to do the same online.
Web of Spider-man 99 - I don't get it either, but its starting to heat up.
Batman 655 Continues to appreciate upward.
Kraven's last Hunt especially Web 32 are selling well in high grade especially slabbed.
Black Venom 1 just sold for $3k not bad
Darkhawk last issues seem to be doing well lately.
Invincible 1-13 is on fire (51 2nd Print as well)
Superman 73 is a consistent seller
SW 49 Keeps climbing as movie gets closer.
Sink & Realm - Both sold well this week. One looks to be printing to demand which isn't good.
Walking Dead 171 Pink - Sell them if you got them no way that price stays up there.

My favorite - ASM 9/14 Variants(2nd Prints). I didn't know about this book till a few weeks back and now I am trying to prevent myself from buying a copy.  Skottie Young impressed me with those covers. I bet Stan loved them.

Edited by fastballspecial

8 hours ago, Loaded Dice said:

Does this count as heating up? $3.4k plus....is this crazy or just the start for these rare books? Is Zombie Tramp here for the long term or a flash in the dark?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/222639451774

I'll never understand how a book like that gets those figures while a book like GFT gets less than 100$