• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2017 at 6:24 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Should have sold your copy to me. I would have given you more than what you got at auction..

2 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

Does The BM that laughs have any sustainability? Will he even be significant after Metal wraps up? 

Its possible. Personally, I like the history connection. Ive always been fascinated with how Kane came up with the joker (the man who laughs), so I like the connection. Thats the gamble though. The series does seem to be doing well, so like Hush and some other storylines, it could have a following or even he could become a major re-occuring character.

15 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Its possible. Personally, I like the history connection. Ive always been fascinated with how Kane came up with the joker (the man who laughs), so I like the connection. Thats the gamble though. The series does seem to be doing well, so like Hush and some other storylines, it could have a following or even he could become a major re-occuring character.

Well said.  I like it too....I have a feeling about this character.....just a gut feeling that this book will be even more expensive next year.  It appears to me that this character has really impacted a lot of readers.....so far, they can't get enough of him.  But only time will tell if it was a wise move to hold all of my TT12 copies or perhaps just sell a few to ride the wave....

10 hours ago, Obi-Wan said:

Hmmmmmm...moderns seem to be a market that perplexes me.

I see so much stuff selling at such high prices...in such a short and unsure time.

Now I'm not knocking the character or the books and it's my favorite current story arc but 30...40+ for TT12!!??

To me it's unsure but I'm only using this book as a whole example for the general message.

Does The BM that laughs have any sustainability? Will he even be significant after Metal wraps up? 

It's funny really. I bought mine for cover to read and do wish I grabed more now. I would love to make money off these.

My thing is I'm so confused what buyers are doing???

Anyway....cool book. Great Origin! 40.00 lmaooo pfffff nope...just no.

Characters that are a hit don't go away, regardless of how limited their use was originally intended.

19 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Well, from the look of things, TT 12 seems to be the winner.  DN Metal #2 came out at the same time....and I think you're supposed to read it first.  Surprising the disparity of price ranges for both books.  I would think DN Metal #2 would be a bit warmer....perhaps it's due to being in the main line-up for this event as well as the amount of covers available for that book.  Could simply be dilution....

Hint: the book with a third of the print run of the other option is the one you want.

6 hours ago, Flatliner1313 said:

I'm already seeing a lot of people getting artists to do sketches of Batman Who Laughs at shows, so he seems to be a hit.

+1

I’ve seen a few BMWL sketches uploaded to CAF over the past couple of weeks.

Edited by Hekla

5 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I’m very bitter about the recent sales of TT 12. Mostly because I didn’t have it on my pull and ignored it. Love the character, want him and Metal to do well, but now I have to pay $30 bucks for this book? :cry: 

183F5B5D-2683-41CD-9CC7-A1BD104A3E8E.jpeg.b710e5d6058ed78be05a214b2479dd49.jpeg

This is one where I guessed right and bought like 10 at cover price. A bunch of people were buying cover B, but cover A was the one to buy. If I were you, I would buy it at $30. I don't think its stopped going up. I think the character is going to grow. He has legs, this one. My thoughts at least.

11 hours ago, kevhtx said:

This is one where I guessed right and bought like 10 at cover price. A bunch of people were buying cover B, but cover A was the one to buy. If I were you, I would buy it at $30. I don't think its stopped going up. I think the character is going to grow. He has legs, this one. My thoughts at least.

Managed to scoop one up from a guy on Instagram for $25 shipped. That five dolla difference really makes me feel like a winner :acclaim:

On 11/23/2017 at 1:11 AM, kevhtx said:

Which book are you talking about?