• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, Superga said:

Wow you guys are a tough audience. To set the records straight, there was no malicious intend behind my post. I was going to buy a set and after some digging noticed the eBay listing hence my post. 

On reflection I can appreciate how the post has perceived given its only my fifth post + lack of validation...but we all have to start somewhere. Glad my fifth post managed to get such a reaction. :blush:  I also noticed that Andy the original creator of this thread said 'Thanks an advance to all of the contributors' but guess the grass roots of this has been lost along the line. 

I appreciate everyone's contributions, including yours. (thumbsu 

6 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

With the release of the new Deadpool trailer you'd have to think that books like The New Mutants #8 (2004) might see a jump.  People seem to think one of the mutants in the background is Surge.

Also X-Force 116 as it features firsts of Zeitgeist and Anarchist (both in the flick).

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Also X-Force 116 as it features firsts of Zeitgeist and Anarchist (both in the flick).

11 hours ago, Lucky Baru said:

With the release of the new Deadpool trailer you'd have to think that books like The New Mutants #8 (2004) might see a jump.  People seem to think one of the mutants in the background is Surge.

This is the "moderns heating up" thread. Not the "moderns that I'm disappointed aren't heating up because I stocked up on the hopes they would" thread.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This is the "moderns heating up" thread. Not the "moderns that I'm disappointed aren't heating up because I stocked up on the hopes they would" thread.

Harsh! lol

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎17 at 3:16 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Wow. I guess I have to see how many of these I have in my $1 boxes before the show tomorrow. I know there should be a few from collection purchases. Another book movin on up thanks to movie hype. :banana:

20 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

A) Yes, because every other post in this thread implicitly follows the laws of the title. 

B) I have a whopping two copies. 

C) There are 5 sales in the last 3 days of $20+ including a $40 (!) copy today, which is the highest single raw sale in the last three months. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

I sold a set of the Black Panther Panther's Prey relatively quickly for $20 shipped and I also the last six issues of Marvel Fanfare and I suspect it is because of the Black Panther last issue. So my single case experience is BP is selling.

I am going to list some of those Bedlam Brothers issues as well. $15 for a Factor-X set is remarkable!

37 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So it seems a new discussion on what's cooking is needed. Man the modern market is on fire the last few months.
I am a little concerned seeing these large price swells almost over night. 

ASM 795- Current is golden
2nd prints sell easily at above cover to $10.
ASM Comic Exposure 796 Variant currently is the book to have, but unsure if it will stay that way.
I have sold all mine so I have not vested interest anymore. 799 and 800 on the print run will
be immensely higher. Enter that market with caution.

Wonder Woman 7 and 9 are selling very well with 7 outpacing 9 now due to the 
new views of how a 1st appearance lays out. Interesting to see if it stays that way.

Thanos currently is a firecracker with even issue 17 selling out and reaching $10 an issue.
With 13-17 1st Prints selling for over $100 its definitely a sell rating currently. 
No sets I know of ever keep that value for long. I love the series, but its overvalued
currently. BTW Thanos 17 was fantastic. Proceed with caution with this series. 

Web of Spider-man 97 and 99 this past weekend were red hot. I sold 4 copies in 1 day
of 97. Now 99 is starting to pick up as well. A lot of speculation here.

Deadpool 2 Trailers has gotten the back issue market moving again. NM 8 and X-force
82 and Factor X 1 doing well. NM 8 is passing $50 as I type this.Lets all remember Morlocks 1
and where it is today. Just saying. Don't say you weren't warned.

Stabbity Bunny continues to sell well with first issue at around $10. V1 sales are $50-70 a pop.
Convention variants sell for over $100 each.

New Mutants 100 a $10+ book now? Never thought I would see that day, but its here.

Spawn 249 seems to be doing very well(McFarlane Cover) 

TAH 22 is a regular $70 book in raw and looks to be $200 in 9.8 recently.

Last issue Punisher copies in high grade are selling well. 101,102,103 all do well.

the asm 796 cx covers will stay the "it" books along with 798 ross virgin 1:100. print run is so low on the cx covers especially for cover appearance. print run on 799 might drop back to normal range with first full appearance being leaked before 798's foc

speaking of spawn,  

spawn #283 comics pro variant went a bit nuts on ebay from the day they came out.     the standard covers also seem to be asking for a bit on ebay.   i hadnt thought of it as a significant issue though. 

Edited by MGH

hi All , just wondering , Dark Nights Metal have been released to #5 , and there's CGCs of 1-5 , but why in the #1 there is no description of " Cameo of Dark Knights" and in #2 no description of 1st app of Dark Knights ( Red Death , Murder Machine , Dawnbreaker , Drowned , Merciless , The Batman Who Laugh and Devastator ) ? i look many CGCs sale in ebay , but all doesn't have any description

7 minutes ago, ariomalv said:

hi All , just wondering , Dark Nights Metal have been released to #5 , and there's CGCs of 1-5 , but why in the #1 there is no description of " Cameo of Dark Knights" and in #2 no description of 1st app of Dark Knights ( Red Death , Murder Machine , Dawnbreaker , Drowned , Merciless , The Batman Who Laugh and Devastator ) ? i look many CGCs sale in ebay , but all doesn't have any description

You should be looking into the one shot books Dark Nights Metal the Forge and DNM the Casting.  

26 minutes ago, ariomalv said:

You should also look into the various "Tie-In" books for that series.  For example, Teen Tians #12 is the full first appearance of the Batman Who Laughs (his cameo appearance was in the Casting).  The "tie-in" books are spread throughout the DC main titles like the Flash, Justice League, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Suicide Squad and Teen Titans...not sure if I missed one in there....

I'm guessing that just like TT #12, the first full apearance of the Red Death will be in the Flash crossover.....