• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Universe-The-End-1-6-Complete-Set-Jim-Starlin-Thanos-Infinity-War/162993975975?hash=item25f332b2a7:g:agEAAOSwh41aznaz

I guess it doesn't really concern the next movie, but I am surprised this mini has lagged given that it is a lot harder to find 1 - 6 in the wild than the various "Infinity" minis.

On 4/15/2018 at 4:42 PM, Bakerbr13 said:

Did you call them? Or just complain on these boards. I have two orders for asm 800 in with them. So, I am curious about these stories you speak of.

FYI I fired off a nasty email,they refunded my money and chastised my use of vulgar language lol

I posted about it on the boards to give a heads up to whoever else didn't get their copies and the lousy condition to expect.

They pre-sell slabbed CGC 9.8's before the book is even released through their site, and their partner sites, and some dealers on ebay who buy in bulk from them.

Well, where do you think the cherry picked raw 9.8 copies go?

Not to you, me or anyone else who orders from them and has to wait a week AFTER Thanos #18 is out to get their variant of Thanos #17.

They sent out a B.S. form letter email apologizing for the delay because much of the shipment was "damaged" and they were waiting for replacements.

I smell fertilizer on that one because some dealers on ebay already had their 9.8 slabs in hand and for sale.

Actually the "replacement copies" would be 2nd printings regardless wouldn't they? I mean if there was only X amount made as they say and they had to replace them, replace them with what? X-X=0.

I hope your ASM 800's arrive safely and in a timely manner but it seems the only way you'll get a 9.8 from them is to buy it pre-slabbed

On 4/14/2018 at 10:34 PM, nordicguyinla said:

I could be wrong - but isn't the print run on 2nd prints about half of 1st print and then half again on 3rd ?

Nobody knows the print run of these books but Marvel and the printers. What you can see are only sales numbers, and limited sales numbers at that.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:23 PM, the blob said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Universe-The-End-1-6-Complete-Set-Jim-Starlin-Thanos-Infinity-War/162993975975?hash=item25f332b2a7:g:agEAAOSwh41aznaz

I guess it doesn't really concern the next movie, but I am surprised this mini has lagged given that it is a lot harder to find 1 - 6 in the wild than the various "Infinity" minis.

I'm going to jump in here and say that I own Thanos The End #1-6 and it is an enjoyable read.  Do they have these in a TPB anywhere?

Edited by whetteon

3 hours ago, whetteon said:

I'm going to jump in here and say that I own Thanos The End #1-6 and it is an enjoyable read.  Do they have these in a TPB anywhere?

That used to be the more expensive, more sought after, thanos mini, even more than infinity gauntlet (mainly because a lot of IG were printed and The End was printed during a lower distribution period)

12 hours ago, Juaks said:

Moon girl and the evil dinosaur 28?

i think the prices is moving up 

Going to the extreme, their was a raw that sold for $100 at the beginning of March. Last raw sold for $20.

Early 9.8's sold for $200. Seems to have settled around $100 now.

Even at $20 / $100 I think that's a good return for a two month old regular cover book.

Edited by ygogolak

On 4/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, the blob said:

Agreed, I'm sitting on some 9.8 candidates that I need to get submitted.

Besides, its a great Starlin read!

Borderline Modern/Copper:

Just sold a Valiant Unity Box Set (Vol. 1-4) with slipcase for $70

Interesting part of the sale is that it was to Peter Stern at Valiant (Director, International Publishing and Merchandising). Not sure if it means anything, but it was an interesting bit I thought I'd share.

11 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Borderline Modern/Copper:

Just sold a Valiant Unity Box Set (Vol. 1-4) with slipcase for $70

Interesting part of the sale is that it was to Peter Stern at Valiant (Director, International Publishing and Merchandising). Not sure if it means anything, but it was an interesting bit I thought I'd share.

There was some "almost news" that seemed like Valiant might be looking to reprint Unity (or maybe release digitally with new colors)... more of a rumor than anything... but there's nothing that keeps Valiant from reprinting the Unity storyline.  They just can't use Magnus, Solar, or Turok heavily in the advertising... since those are licensed to someone else for new material.  Reprinting Unity wouldn't be new material. hm

Edited by valiantman

On 4/16/2018 at 9:40 PM, Lonzilla said:

FYI I fired off a nasty email,they refunded my money and chastised my use of vulgar language lol

I posted about it on the boards to give a heads up to whoever else didn't get their copies and the lousy condition to expect.

They pre-sell slabbed CGC 9.8's before the book is even released through their site, and their partner sites, and some dealers on ebay who buy in bulk from them.

Well, where do you think the cherry picked raw 9.8 copies go?

Not to you, me or anyone else who orders from them and has to wait a week AFTER Thanos #18 is out to get their variant of Thanos #17.

They sent out a B.S. form letter email apologizing for the delay because much of the shipment was "damaged" and they were waiting for replacements.

I smell fertilizer on that one because some dealers on ebay already had their 9.8 slabs in hand and for sale.

Actually the "replacement copies" would be 2nd printings regardless wouldn't they? I mean if there was only X amount made as they say and they had to replace them, replace them with what? X-X=0.

I hope your ASM 800's arrive safely and in a timely manner but it seems the only way you'll get a 9.8 from them is to buy it pre-slabbed

I can't speak for the Thanos 17 ordering....I passed as I was not a fan of the cover art. But all other orders I have made through Comic Mint have been 100% 9.8 quality. I have had delayed orders like with my Metal 6, but they responded to emails quickly. Sucks you had such a bad experience.

Gideon Falls ComicsPro Variant has been shooting up over the last couple of days. One closed yesterday for $125. There's one that was just listed and already has 42 bids at $91 with 6 days to go. Others are listed with BINs over $100.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Image-GIDEON-FALLS-1-ComicsPRO-Variant-NM-Jeff-Lemire-Andrea-Sorrentino-HOT/142766445043?hash=item213d8b11f3:g:vgEAAOSwvMFa2~lE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gideon-Falls-1-ComicsPro-Variant-Jeff-Lemire/202291553662?hash=item2f1984257e:g:zOEAAOSwvKha1oN0

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, ygogolak said:
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, Juaks said:

Moon girl and the evil dinosaur 28?

i think the prices is moving up 

Going to the extreme, their was a raw that sold for $100 at the beginning of March. Last raw sold for $20.

Early 9.8's sold for $200. Seems to have settled around $100 now.

Even at $20 / $100 I think that's a good return for a two month old regular cover book.

Edited Thursday at 08:33 AM by ygogolak

I agree the time to make good money is over for now. Now it just depends on what happens with the character. 
I am not bullish at all on the book Id sell, but I am more money in hand.

On a graph this is a lull period. It could way up or just plain drop off. 

Edited by fastballspecial

5 hours ago, darkstar said:

Books like this are almost a pyramid scheme.

Both sales are solid I know both sellers. I cant blame them for selling a book like this I blame the buyers. And honestly I would do
the same thing if I run across a book like that. Where can the market for books like this go? :screwy:

I read that Black Mask's "BLACK" series is surging with interest related to licensing it as a movie which has been optioned.  That was a well printed book with many many many variants of the #1 issue in varied print runs, so it's all over the place in terms of which of the #1 variants is considered "the best" or maybe it's such a wild goose chase, everyone wants to be a completist and get 'em all.

43 minutes ago, BeholdersEye said:

I read that Black Mask's "BLACK" series is surging with interest related to licensing it as a movie which has been optioned.  That was a well printed book with many many many variants of the #1 issue in varied print runs, so it's all over the place in terms of which of the #1 variants is considered "the best" or maybe it's such a wild goose chase, everyone wants to be a completist and get 'em all.

It was not a well printed book...but it's not a tiny print run either.  As to the amount of variants for #1, there really aren't that many. 

On 4/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, Lonzilla said:

The Thanos #17 Comic Mint exclusive variant should fetch premium prices in high grade. The one I ordered from them which took over a month to get was filled with spine ticks, and staple rubs. I guess they hoarded all of the 9.8's for themselves.

Seriously, don't order anything from those jerks. I read the horror stories about their crappy service and low grade raws, the only way you'll get anything close to a 9.8 is if you buy it slabbed from them. I should've listened to what others had said.

Is it ok to say "whores" on here? That's what they are. F THEM!

Tell us what you really think . . . lol

Amazing Spiderman #795 first printing seems to be popular. I see many sell at $10-15 already depsite a large print run. What other 2018 regular issues have done better? 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l2632.R2.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xamazing+spiderman+795.TRS0&_nkw=amazing+spiderman+795&_sacat=63