• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Amazing Spiderman #795 first printing seems to be popular. I see many sell at $10-15 already depsite a large print run. What other 2018 regular issues have done better? 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l2632.R2.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xamazing+spiderman+795.TRS0&_nkw=amazing+spiderman+795&_sacat=63

Thanos 15

2 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Amazing Spiderman #795 first printing seems to be popular. I see many sell at $10-15 already depsite a large print run. What other 2018 regular issues have done better? 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l2632.R2.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xamazing+spiderman+795.TRS0&_nkw=amazing+spiderman+795&_sacat=63

Looking at ended listings, ASM 794 sells for $10 - $15 as well, and 792 is going for $20-$25 now.

Thanos 15 is a $50+ book.

There are others I am missing as well.

20 hours ago, darkstar said:

I had a second print and should've kept it instead of literally giving it away.. In all honesty I much rather hold on to moderns nowadays instead of moving them for a few bucks to save space as this is something we see more and more of lately

5 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I had a second print and should've kept it instead of literally giving it away.. In all honesty I much rather hold on to moderns nowadays instead of moving them for a few bucks to save space as this is something we see more and more of lately

I know how you feel. I bought like 1-7 of all new wolverine off the racks for reading material. I read them and found the story a little lacking. Then people sparked up about Campbell and LCS day #1 variants, and although I didn't buy variants, I figured someone would enjoy the run so I offered them up to half price books. Live and Learn. Now if only people were interested in deadpool vs. Thanos. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

8 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Amazing Spider-man #792 thru #796 are hot but Thanos #13 ($50-$70), #14 ($30)& #15($40-$50) do a bit better for the regular issues. Even Thanos #1 first printing is $15 now. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #28 & #29( Cameo & First Full app. of Omnipotentis) command a decent $25-$30 but more of the value is in #28 even though its only a cameo. Also Avengers Prelude to Infinity War #1 & #2 sell for $20 to$30 as a set and $10-$15 individually.

Edited by kairos70

15 hours ago, Jackhartmann said:

Archie Has a Threesome #1 variant

On 4/23/2018 at 11:16 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

It was not a well printed book...but it's not a tiny print run either.  As to the amount of variants for #1, there really aren't that many. 

My attempt to sum up the #1 variants I know of for the first issue of this book:

• Regular cover
  • 1:5 Harriet Tubman Cover
  • Baltimore Comic-con cover (All Black - 99 copies numbered)
  • New York Comic-con cover (All Red - 99 copies )
  • ComicsHeatingUp variant (Black and White - 250 copies)
  • Hoknes variant
  • ??????? (Black title on Dark Grey cover)
  • Books a Million variant (w/Trade Dress )
  • Books a Million variant (Virgin - 50 copies)
  • Cape & Cowl variant (250 copies)
  • Jetpack Comics Forbidden Planet variant
  • 2nd Printing

1 hour ago, Alondo said:

My attempt to sum up the #1 variants I know of for the first issue of this book:

• Regular cover
  • Hoknes variant
  • 2nd Printing

Wait, there are comicsheatingup variants now?

whats next? Modernheatingup variant? Booksyoucantfindinthewild variant? AllIDoIsWin variant? 

10 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

whats next? Modernheatingup variant? Booksyoucantfindinthewild variant? AllIDoIsWin variant? 

Wow....has a lot of different variants that I was never aware of.  Some of these surprise me too---very unusual names and tiny in comparison to the normal variant runs we see.  

On 4/24/2018 at 12:12 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Wow. Gotta check my books might have one laying around. Good stuff!

9 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
11 hours ago, Alondo said:

• Regular cover
  • Hoknes variant
  • 2nd Printing

Tough to report on speculation when you are the ones producing books for speculation. Just saying

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Tough to report on speculation when you are the ones producing books for speculation. Just saying

Sounds like the return of Wizard mag's pump and dump strategy of 1990's Wizard lithos, :flipbait: Valiant or Image hot comics that were not even released yet due to delays in production.

On 4/26/2018 at 5:40 AM, Alondo said:

• Regular cover
  • Hoknes variant
  • 2nd Printing

According to my CGC labeling these are what I have that they’re referred to as, and I have 12 different variations.

Black #1

variant I = black color cover with logo - ssalefish Comics variant 250 print run

Convention edition - black virgin cover no logo crash numbered to 99 on cover in white text

Red convention edition = red cover with black logo crashed numbered to 99 in black text

variant cover K = Tim smith cover art

variant cover B = Ashley wood cover are (Harriet Tubman tribute)

Fried Pie Edition - Tim smith III cover

Fried Pie virgin edition  - Tim Smith III cover no logo

variant vover F = cape & cowl comics exclusive Tim smith III cover art

variant cover E = Forbidden Planet Exclusivd Tim smith III cover art

variant cover H = Comics Heating Up (CHU) exclusive

Standard Edition = Khary Randolph cover art (Trayvon Martin “hands up” Tribute)

Sketch Edition = blank cover for sketches with logo.

I see some are referred to by an alphabet letter and others named by their licensed distributor (Fried Pie) and others by that letter (CHU, Cape & Cowl, Firbidden Planet)  I know, some were exclusive limited releases at conventions (I think at least 2 shows, Baltimore and New York).

i think the Books A Million is what islabeled as Fried Pie for mine.

So, when the book debuted and was speculatively hot, I chased every version I could find on eBay and that’s what I came up with.  I am pretty sure I have most, but also believe, not all, and am missing some that either are really rare or were printed later after I stopped searching, since the comic died down in popularity through the 6 issue series and I think there are only one issue with a variant cover in the #2-6 issues, which is issue #3 “the N word” version.

Anyone have info for me to fill in the wholes in my quest to get all versions of #1 ???

I know for sure I am missing the 2nd Printing version.  

I don’t know which the Hoknes variant is or if I have it under another name or what it looks like

I don’t think I have the one described as a Black title on dark grey cover.

Edited by BeholdersEye

Here are my BLACK blank sketch covers I had commissions done on, but might have regrettably in hindsight maybe should have left and kept a pure blank one for my master collection, but the blanks were hard and expensive to find, and I wanted to have commissions on them of Black idols (to me, Darth Vader is James Earl Jones, the voice, not David Prowse the guy in the costume, who defined Darth Vader)

95CBA432-A3EE-4BB7-A538-96FA40941F16.jpeg

5DD80D9E-4845-4FC4-AD00-EA39066274A7.jpeg

2974DB03-07BB-4E5B-A51F-982D621BC86C.jpeg

C58E8C91-3039-483A-AE8D-E7901B4D0E32.jpeg

7CED355F-7354-4426-8EB6-F1AEF4D37708.jpeg

On 11/26/2015 at 5:52 PM, Jackhartmann said:

On 3/15/2018 at 11:51 AM, PerlAddict said:

I'm loving that the Domino covers are all so unique so far with different poses and not just variants of costumes in the same pose. Here's the C cover preview.

campbell_dominoCpreview.jpg