Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
106 106

49,604 posts in this topic

57 posts
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:57 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I was about to point this book out as a reason why it's not exactly a Hulk 180/181 situation. Since EW 5 is the continuation of the story that features the last page cameo, it is more analogous to Hulk 181 (except that Rai #0 was published between them). Since Rai 0 is a bit of an oddball book, covering lots of little bits of history, there might be room for EW 5 to get a lot more respect further down the road.

As someone who has collected Valiant since the beginning and who owns a copy of every book they printed, I feel that EW #5 will drop out of the running for consideration as a major Bloodshot key.  EW #4 and Rai #0 will be the Hulk 180/181 equivalent, with Rai #0 Glossy being the runaway winner.  Fortunately, I have my 9.8 of both on lockdown already :)  If the movie is good, I expect big gains.

3,028 posts
34 minutes ago, Serpentor said:

As someone who has collected Valiant since the beginning and who owns a copy of every book they printed, I feel that EW #5 will drop out of the running for consideration as a major Bloodshot key.  EW #4 and Rai #0 will be the Hulk 180/181 equivalent, with Rai #0 Glossy being the runaway winner.  Fortunately, I have my 9.8 of both on lockdown already :)  If the movie is good, I expect big gains.

That would be fine with me, as I have 2 9.6s and 4 9.8s, and a bunch more ungraded

9,910 posts
On 2/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, Serpentor said:
On 2/1/2019 at 11:57 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I was about to point this book out as a reason why it's not exactly a Hulk 180/181 situation. Since EW 5 is the continuation of the story that features the last page cameo, it is more analogous to Hulk 181 (except that Rai #0 was published between them). Since Rai 0 is a bit of an oddball book, covering lots of little bits of history, there might be room for EW 5 to get a lot more respect further down the road.

I agree that EW #5 will probably stay the 3rd best of those 3, but if you could grab CGC 9.8 EW #5 for $40 they could be a better investment than CGC 9.8 Rai #0 (non-glossy) for $150.

8,028 posts
26 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I agree that EW #5 will probably stay the 3rd best of those 3, but if you could grab CGC 9.8 EW #5 for $40 they could be a better investment than CGC 9.8 Rai #0 (non-glossy) for $150.

This seller (shrug)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rai-0-CGC-9-4-Bloodshot-1-200-White-Shadow-Variant-More-rare-than-Glossy/183668653487?hash=item2ac3813daf:g:ZZcAAOSwYPNcVLDs

Oye vay 

8,028 posts

Of course now that I've linked it, it'll get a bunch of views and end up selling (:

But seriously, I've never heard of a "white shadow" Rai #0 variant...

The seller has solid feedback...

8,028 posts
4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How do they know its 1 out of 200 as well?

I know right? Even the cgc label says "matte" version too... it's kind of bold to say all the extra stuff from a seller with such great feedback...

3,028 posts
34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Poorly-registered books are variants now? It's not even like it's far enough off that it's interesting.

18,150 posts
3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I know right? Even the cgc label says "matte" version too... it's kind of bold to say all the extra stuff from a seller with such great feedback...

Its greedy and stupid.

1,938 posts
3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

You should report this greedy ahole to ebay...this is basically fraudulent, but someone is probably dumb enough to buy it. 

4,839 posts
3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Everyone loves making up numbers to support their idiocy. It's the thing to do!

1,938 posts
10 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

It's not to support their idiocy, it's to profit from ripping someone off with lies. 

39,751 posts
1 hour ago, spreads said:

It's not to support their idiocy, it's to profit from ripping someone off with lies. 

(Says the stockbroker . . . ) :whistle:

39,751 posts
15 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Poorly-registered books are variants now? It's not even like it's far enough off that it's interesting.

I guess he thought he had a glossy copy and in his disappointment is trying to make up for it. :roflmao:

2,609 posts
17 hours ago, valiantman said:

Do you happen to know what year CGC started to differentiate between the matte and glossy books on the CGC labels?  My guess is there are a good number of glossy copies sitting in older holders.  

742 posts
14 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

According to Comichron, that's only true 42% of the time.

7,542 posts
1 hour ago, jdennis3 said:

As stated by seller  "I looked at over 200 RAI 0s, and only found 1. This makes it 1:200"

That Rai 0 he has is the only one I've ever looked at. They're all like that. That makes it 1:1. Common. Garbage. 

19,504 posts
1 minute ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

That Rai 0 he has is the only one I've ever looked at. They're all like that. That makes it 1:1. Common. Garbage. 

Solid $10-20 book. 

26,207 posts

i sold my second Rai 0 CGC 9.8 for $260 so $390 for the pair was a good day especially since they both were not the rare kind.  Not sure why it's so hot but it appears to have some legs since my second one sold a couple days after the huge buying spree.

Edited by 1Cool