• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

sell those Tec 854s...

I say hold for a bit.  I have about 5 of these but at the last sales I see on fleabay, I'm not impressed yet.  This was a great run besides the fact of any hot comic of the week status.

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

I say hold for a bit.  I have about 5 of these but at the last sales I see on fleabay, I'm not impressed yet.  This was a great run besides the fact of any hot comic of the week status.

57 listings sold in 24 hours. When exactly do you think more buyers are going to be looking for that book? Its a tv show villain...there is no holding.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, 1Cool said:

i sold my second Rai 0 CGC 9.8 for $260 so $390 for the pair was a good day especially since they both were not the rare kind.  Not sure why it's so hot but it appears to have some legs since my second one sold a couple days after the huge buying spree.

Why have Rai 0 CGC 9.8 Regular Matte Versions doubled and triple from $100 to $200 to $300 in the last few days?   I tried looking for news but have not found anything?

19 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Why have Rai 0 CGC 9.8 Regular Matte Versions doubled and triple from $100 to $200 to $300 in the last few days?   I tried looking for news but have not found anything?

Don't worry, all is well.....

On 2/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, GLCBrad said:

If this was the work of a pump and dump board member, as someone may or may not have alleged, the plan was a fail.

Other than the oddity run on the book early in the day, there was not much more than the normal buy/sell pattern for the rest of the day on it.

tumblr_lon4mtlXAT1qb4bkbo2_500.gif

I don't know.  This copy just sold for $349.95

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RAI-0-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-1st-Full-App-of-Bloodshot-1st-App-New-Rai-White-Pgs-/202592131347?hash=item2f2b6e9913%3Ag%3A2t0AAOSwoW1cXksy&nma=true&si=DU%2Bs%2FZndGdERPVtDlL42a4DIeQk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

All the CGC 9.8s have dried up for now.  I am sure there are some at CGC getting graded now (I have some) but for now only a single $999 BIN.

48 minutes ago, valiantman said:

People think 1990s comics are common... No, money is common. There's no need to give up anything special for something as common as money. :D

Or expressed another way . . . money is common. One shouldn't hesitate to give up something as common as money for something special. :D

On 2/8/2019 at 5:00 PM, darkstar said:
On 2/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, gradejunky said:

57 listings sold in 24 hours. When exactly do you think more buyers are going to be looking for that book? Its a tv show villain...there is no holding.

I agree with grade junky here. I say hold for another month or two. I rarely disagree with Darkstar, but use the ASM 800 example. Those early books at the beginning of the storyline appreciated quite a bit. I think $10 is low and look more for $20 in the next few months as buyers go to find the 994 and 995 issues at the beginning of the storyline since they want them all. Lock in  your profit now 
and hold one or two for another month or so at least.

Edited by fastballspecial

17 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree with grade junky here. I say hold for another month or two. I rarely disagree with Darkstar, but use the ASM 800 example. Those early books at the beginning of the storyline appreciated quite a bit. I think $10 is low and look more for $20 in the next few months as buyers go to find the 994 and 995 issues at the beginning of the storyline since they want them all. Lock in  your profit now 
and hold one or two for another month or so at least.

I'm not sure what ASM 800 has to do with Tec 854. But, I would say wait until you see her in costume, then sell. She's a cool character and should be well received.