• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:
5 hours ago, Jaydee said:

This thread has Been Hijacked By Variant, Incentive, limited edition, BS Talk. This happens with some of you way to often 

I wanna know when Turok 1 Foil becomes a Hot Book @valiantman

In reality.  Set up a new thread to discuss Ratio Variants and the Cancer it is to Modern Books

giphy.gif

It gets tiresome seeing the same argument by the same people in this thread every few weeks to months. 

You folks complaining about having to see "the same argument by the same people" DO KNOW there's a perfectly functional ignore feature...right?

This isn't said with rancor...what you see here is entirely within your control.

Or is it the case that you find value in what those people have to say, and don't want to ignore them, but would rather try to peer pressure them into discussing the way you'd like to discuss...?

Either way, there's a fully functioning ignore feature, and if people talk about things that bother you...make them (virtually) disappear from your screen,

6 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

as well as countless other boardie diamond account holders who have gone on the record openly disputing your statements of opinions

I'll take "claims that Jay makes that he is never forced to prove" for $1000, Alex.

Vague, unspecific, unverified claim.

2 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

It's been hot for years

Oh I know. Just trying to get the love out there. There is a #1 9.8 selling for 3 grand on eBay now. I would of thought #3 would sell for that but not #1.

Edited by dfx1

7 minutes ago, dfx1 said:

Oh I know. Just trying to get the love out there. There is a #1 9.8 selling for 3 grand on eBay now. I would of thought #3 would sell for that but not #1.

Yeah, that's a ridiculous price. Last sale was last month for $949...and that is the record. 

So, not exactly heating up or anything, but I think the "corrected" Spawn #293 C covers (2nd prints) have differently messed up interiors. Or are they supposed to be mostly black and white with colored text? Still says "first printing" on the indicia as well, while the barcode is "29332"... That last 2 would indicate a second print, right?

Edited by BishopT

3 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

There's a raw #1 that's ending in 40 minutes thats clearly not NM condition

watch it climb  HOT lol   ps nice spine

Edited by dfx1

1 minute ago, BishopT said:

So, not exactly heating up or anything, but I think the "corrected" Spawn #293 C covers (2nd prints) have differently messed up interiors. Or are they supposed to be mostly black and white with colored text? Still says "first printing" on the indicia as well, while the barcode is "29332"... That last 2 would indicate a second print, right?

Yea, the corrected version is a 2nd print. The panels are B&W. The text boxes are colored

6 minutes ago, BishopT said:

The last digit indicates 2nd print.  29332 indicates issue 293....followed by a 3 (or 3rd cover)....followed by a 2 (or 2nd print)

7 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

The last digit indicates 2nd print.  29332 indicates issue 293....followed by a 3 (or 3rd cover)....followed by a 2 (or 2nd print)

That's what I thought. So, even if the interiors are meant to look like they do in the corrected version, it's still kind of an error, saying first print on the inside, and indicating a second print on the barcode. Not a big deal or anything I'd imagine most people would care about, but still...

2 minutes ago, BishopT said:

That's what I thought. So, even if the interiors are meant to look like they do in the corrected version, it's still kind of an error, saying first print on the inside, and indicating a second print on the barcode. Not a big deal or anything I'd imagine most people would care about, but still...

Since all copies of the 2nd print say First Print on the inside, it's not an error.

I think the book is a win in the long term.  I'm talking about the regular cover.  It was solicited as a Mattina Virgin Variant....and the market received a surprise McFarlane Virgin Variant, with a grand new character to boot.  What the actual impact or longevity of this character is anyone's guess, but I for one think it's a winner long term.

18 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Can anyone verify the highest number of copies that have been available for a variant in any of these variant cover dumps?

It's at least 500. I've been to several Diamond Retailer Summits where they handed out "1:X" (most recently, the 1:50 Jim Lee sketch cover for Batman #50 at Baltimore last year), and everyone who attends gets one.