• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

It may be inaccurate, but it's better than pulling a number out of a hat.

No, it is pulling a number out of a hat. That's what you're not getting.

You can only make estimates if you have information that's actually relevant to the number you are trying to find.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

You can only make estimates if you have information that's actually relevant to the number you are trying to find.

The way copies are initially distributed is most definitely a piece of information relevant to the number I am trying to find.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The way copies are initially distributed is most definitely a piece of information relevant to the number I am trying to find.

All you need to know is that publishers routinely make it a point to massively over print books that nobody has ordered, because.... (*reasons).

-J.

2 hours ago, spreads said:

I have a question for Geeks....why do you care how many copies of a variant might be out there, we don't know how many copies of X-Men #1 are floating around....?   

Jaydo thinks we do! He thinks we can determine a rough estimate of what’s out there by the number them on the CGC census!!!

:roflmao:

I swear I’m not making that up!!!

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Exactly the ‘print run’ number they’re using ISN’T the print run even. It INCLUDES the copies they’re trying to determine the number of using a theory (divide by 25 for 1:25’s) that’s already been proven false. 

You could just as easily make a number UP and have just as much of a chance at guessing what the variants print run is. 

59 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

All you need to know is that publishers routinely make it a point to massively over print books that nobody has ordered, because.... (*reasons).

-J.

We’re not claiming to KNOW what the print runs are. No one does and neither do you. 

The point we’ve made is your claims that you CAN are bogus. We’ve shown why. You’ve shown nothing. Because you have nothing. 

Zero. 

Zilch. 

39 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Exactly the ‘print run’ number they’re using ISN’T the print run even. It INCLUDES the copies they’re trying to determine the number of using a theory (divide by 25 for 1:25’s) that’s already been proven false. 

You could just as easily make a number UP and have just as much of a chance at guessing what the variants print run is. 

I wish you would post here more often. I like the short precise answers. It eliminates all the hyperbole and other odd viewpoints on something.

Edited by fastballspecial

6 hours ago, MGH said:

Rule #1 on cgc forums 

Don't ever... Ever... EVER write "print run" in a post if you don't want to see  conversation derailed for pages and pages 

Yep, "print run" is the new "pressing." :roflmao:

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
4 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Unfortunately, it’s nowhere near enough information.  It’s like counting all the stars you can see - a piece of information, but one that gets you nowhere close to any quality insights about the universe.

1 hour ago, 500Club said:

Unfortunately, it’s nowhere near enough information.  It’s like counting all the stars you can see - a piece of information, but one that gets you nowhere close to any quality insights about the universe.

More information would be better, yes. But some information is better than none

SO, back on topic :baiting:

1. Exciting Comics #1 and it's variants are selling very well, it's Antarctic Press, so there's also a little built in demand also.

There's a new "universe" with this new book, and as always that holds the possibility for future movies/tv shows.

2. Umbrella Academy premiered on Netflix the other day, and it's actually really good. Hype was not overblown, and people are really liking it. I thought it was pretty good myself.

Copies have been disappearing since the debut.

Carry on with your print run drivel.

10 minutes ago, wikked said:

SO, back on topic :baiting:

1. Exciting Comics #1 and it's variants are selling very well, it's Antarctic Press, so there's also a little built in demand also.

There's a new "universe" with this new book, and as always that holds the possibility for future movies/tv shows.

2. Umbrella Academy premiered on Netflix the other day, and it's actually really good. Hype was not overblown, and people are really liking it. I thought it was pretty good myself.

Copies have been disappearing since the debut.

Carry on with your print run drivel.

My brother just texted me telling me he liked the 1st two episodes of Umbrella Academy.

I am on the fence about Exciting. It looks interesting, but we have had quite a few companies with new universes that have failed.

On 2/16/2019 at 9:02 AM, Carl Elvis said:

$575 for this one :popcorn:

Signed, but not Glossy.

9ACE51B8-DC71-4F4D-A22B-C63B4C546032.jpeg.b079f3d4397efd3b749cd7cfe6a0e6f4.jpeg

This part of the listing is bizarre:

"DON'T WASTE TIME IN THE CRAZINESS OF THE MALLS!"

Does the seller believe malls are busy in February? Are malls thriving year-round in California but struggling everywhere else in the country? Has a single person ever not gone to a mall because they bought a comic book on eBay?

The FOMO! FOMO! FOMO! section at the top of the description was cute too considering the seller listed another signed CGC 9.8 Rai #0 slab the same day this sold.

4 hours ago, Plantman said:

This part of the listing is bizarre:

"DON'T WASTE TIME IN THE CRAZINESS OF THE MALLS!"

Does the seller believe malls are busy in February? Are malls thriving year-round in California but struggling everywhere else in the country? Has a single person ever not gone to a mall because they bought a comic book on eBay?

The FOMO! FOMO! FOMO! section at the top of the description was cute too considering the seller listed another signed CGC 9.8 Rai #0 slab the same day this sold.

This posting must be from 1995...