• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

A raccoon?

You can't honestly believe that's a good comparison,come on..... Rocket is an essential member of the guardians of the Galaxy. Where as Goose is what exactly? Not trying to be aggressive here I'm just curious why you were comparing the two. 

Rocket has been part of the marvel mythos since the seventies. Where as goose has only been around since what 2012? Rocket has been featured in amazing storyline such as annihilation/conquest. I really don't think Goose deserves the praise Rocket received. Not to mention the amazing partner dynamic between Groot and Rocket that just fits.

Edited by maidenmate91

On 3/6/2019 at 7:41 AM, valiantman said:

I think some of my earliest posts on this board (2002) were pointing out that exact situation, since I can't get to every shop in the world... I was trying to pass along the info.  Good Valiant - go get it, Bad Valiant - leave it in the bargain bins.

Joe_Collector pretty much tried to run me off the boards for that kind of heresy. According to him, it was all Bad Valiant, there was no Good Valiant, and I needed to leave the boards completely. :boo:

(My laughter was hard to contain even then... much more so now.) lol

I have two nearly complete runs of Pre-Unity and Unity, along with variants, in CGC 9.8 SS. I have four or five long boxes of Pre-Unity. I have a couple more long boxes of golds.

I did NOT own ANY of those books in the fall of 1993. I owned a single set of pre-Unity, probably in 9.4ish condition, and ZERO golds (because they were EXPENSIVE!)

To date, I have never paid more than $40 for a raw Valiant comic. I take it back, I think I paid $90 or so for a nice raw Harby #1. 

Too bad the world wasn't filled with JC retailers looking for people to buy their "bad" Valiant books.

I bought 30 copies of Harby #1 from Mile High in...2005?...for $12 each. 80 copies of X-O #1 for $4 each. Then, someone at Mile High wised up and said "we don't do bulk sales!" To which I replied, "why do you care how many you sell to one person, if I'm paying full price for each copy?"

PS that only the VF people would know: if I had found that 50 copy Harby #1 lot before John, there NEVER would have been a VFVSS of that... :D

Think of the 9.8s in that lot that got ruined! :cry:

6 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

You can't honestly believe that's a good comparison,come on..... Rocket is an essential member of the guardians of the Galaxy. Where as Goose is what exactly? Not trying to be aggressive here I'm just curious why you were comparing the two. 

Rocket has been part of the marvel mythos since the seventies. Where as goose has only been around since what 2012? Rocket has been featured in amazing storyline such as annihilation/conquest. I really don't think Goose deserves the praise Rocket received. Not to mention the amazing partner dynamic between Groot and Rocket that just fits.

I'm saying they are equally ridiculous as a character. People like animals, so it makes sense to me.

1 hour ago, maidenmate91 said:

I stand corrected, apparently Chewie is an alien disguised as a cat with unique abilities. They are know as the *Flerken*. 

*The more you know* lol

Hey if someone can convince another person to pay $100 more power to them. I paid cover and sold them for $40-50 and 
think that's about it. I could be entirely wrong it happens. I sold my Umbrella Academy for $60 and paid $1. I thought great
then a week later I look at ending sales. :facepalm:

On 2/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'd love it.  Disney has the money to develop Valiant properties and Disney is gonna need content when they get their streaming business off the ground.

Imagine the possibilities, Bloodshot and the Seven Dwarfs, Dora vs the Eternal Warrior.....

lol  Too Funny! 

20 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I have two nearly complete runs of Pre-Unity and Unity, along with variants, in CGC 9.8 SS. I have four or five long boxes of Pre-Unity. I have a couple more long boxes of golds.

I did NOT own ANY of those books in the fall of 1993. I owned a single set of pre-Unity, probably in 9.4ish condition, and ZERO golds (because they were EXPENSIVE!)

To date, I have never paid more than $40 for a raw Valiant comic. I take it back, I think I paid $90 or so for a nice raw Harby #1. 

Too bad the world wasn't filled with JC retailers looking for people to buy their "bad" Valiant books.

I bought 30 copies of Harby #1 from Mile High in...2005?...for $12 each. 80 copies of X-O #1 for $4 each. Then, someone at Mile High wised up and said "we don't do bulk sales!" To which I replied, "why do you care how many you sell to one person, if I'm paying full price for each copy?"

PS that only the VF people would know: if I had found that 50 copy Harby #1 lot before John, there NEVER would have been a VFVSS of that... :D

Think of the 9.8s in that lot that got ruined! :cry:

Was that an outlier sale(s) in 2005?  I just got back into collecting then and don't remember the big Preunity keys like Harby 1 ever being that cheap? 

1 minute ago, spreads said:

Was that an outlier sale(s) in 2005?  I just got back into collecting then and don't remember the big Preunity keys like Harby 1 ever being that cheap? 

No.....pretty common price at the time...

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Nope, I was buying raw Harb #1s for $10-15 shipped for a few years. Sometimes for under $5

I collected the V1 Valiants and enjoyed reading them..I'm still searching for a few of them in 9.8 White.  I've got most of the keys and other books already.  I hope the Bloodshot movie is good and there is actually going to be a Harbinger movie

5 hours ago, spreads said:

My shop put nice copies of X-O 1 out for $3 until not that long ago. I've never seen them have a Harbinger 1. I was trying to get one for under $5, I should have just sucked it up and shelled out $10 a pop for a stack of them. Just like trying to get NM 98 out of a dollar box. Should have looked in the $2 boxes....

31 minutes ago, the blob said:

My shop put nice copies of X-O 1 out for $3 until not that long ago. I've never seen them have a Harbinger 1. I was trying to get one for under $5, I should have just sucked it up and shelled out $10 a pop for a stack of them. Just like trying to get NM 98 out of a dollar box. Should have looked in the $2 boxes....

There are still Valiant books to be had cheap. Just not the obvious ones. There's still a movie-related Bloodshot "first" out there that I've seen no chatter about, even amongst valiant fans.

Off topic chatter feel free to skip

i remember when the word was out that Valiant is forming. I was in the service at the time so was getting all my books from MHC and reading chucks newsletters. Man alive, he amped Valiant up bigly! First it was the Nintendo books. Super Mario and Zelda were the hottest new kids on the block. Especially Zelda. A month into the publication of this book and prices were I think over 20. Then came in Magnus, and Chuck was all over that one... if u thought Nintendo's stuff was hot... wait till u see this one.. Valiant is now doing superheroes. Sure enough, that series was 10-20 also. This is all happening after the b&w indie wave had died and no one had hope for another indie publication. 

At that stage everyone already thought that Valiant with Jim Shooter at the helm will be the next Marvel/DC. Like, there wasn't even a question in anyone's mind.  

I stopped collecting altogether shortly after Magnus was out.. I even remember thinking maybe I should stick for a little while longer just to obtain some Valiant books. I think if I had stayed longer I would have owned all of their titles. But I'm happy I pulled out of collecting altogether at that time. 

If you were actively collecting and speculating back then, Valiant was big big news, they had a lot of support and a huge buzz. I didn't stick around to see how Image did to compare the two, but Valiant's hype was as real as it got

At the risk of supporting the boardie love for Valiant :x

I did get a letter published in Overstreet back in the 90s supporting Valiant since they didn't have
a newsstand contract at the time. They did get one toward the end, but it was too late by then.
I prefer Valiantman's honest take on the entire viewpoint of Valiant now.

All that being said I found some last issue Bloodshots that are cherry and I couldn't pass up
because they were dirt cheap.