• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Just to change the topic some.

Naomi 1 for DC is doing very well. I could sell every copy for $10-20 currently with no issue.

Hulk 15 and 16 for the Red She Hulk are doing very well tied into Immortal Hulk.

Bloodborne 1 from Titan comics is smoking currently.

Avengers 684 has gone past $50 raw currently.

Anything Umbrella Academy sells no matter what price is on it. Seriously
Great show BTW

Frison covers doing very well overall currently.

Die 1 from Image continues to sell roughly around $15 a pop.

Uncanny X-Men 129 is really on fire.(V1)

Spider-man 1 Morales 2016 doing well

The Mall from Scout Comics seems to be speculators darling as of late.

Darkhawk 1 is moving well again. Don't worry there are tons of copies to be found lol.

And Again Eternals, Captain Marvel, and Immortal Hulk are all selling well with Immortal
Hulk just selling out every issue currently.

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

There are still Valiant books to be had cheap. Just not the obvious ones. There's still a movie-related Bloodshot "first" out there that I've seen no chatter about, even amongst valiant fans.

Chainsaw or Ax? 

26 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I'm struggling to understand this one.  Maybe there was a current issue I missed?

Hulk 15 and 16 for the Red She Hulk are doing very well tied into Immortal Hulk.

Patrick

First appearance of Betty(Ross) Banner as Red She Hulk. A startling event just took place concerning Betty in the latest issue of Immortal Hulk-#14. I wonder if we will eventually have an Immortal She Hulk? hm

Edited by kairos70

22 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

First appearance of Betty(Ross) Banner as Red She Hulk. A startling event just took place concerning Betty in the latest issue of Immortal Hulk-#14. I wonder if we will eventually have an Immortal She Hulk? hm

Yep, I haven't read that one yet.  

Crazy how times have changed.  It used to take months/years for people to recognize a book.  Now it's as the book is coming out or in anticipation.  

I do have to acknowledge that it's pretty situational even today.  Immortal Hulk was pretty low-key until the recent monster explosion. 

Patrick

33 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Yep, I haven't read that one yet.  

Crazy how times have changed.  It used to take months/years for people to recognize a book.  Now it's as the book is coming out or in anticipation.  

I do have to acknowledge that it's pretty situational even today.  Immortal Hulk was pretty low-key until the recent monster explosion. 

Patrick

Brush fire to an inferno. Resetting Hulk to the Man or Monster mythos was the smartest thing Marvel writers could have done. What Ewing is doing with Immortal Hulk and what Donny Cates is doing with Venom makes for some great reading and something to look forward to each month. It's also making collectors look for back issues like Hulk #15 & #16 and Venom 2018 #9(also heating up) for minor key first appearances.

11 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

Nope, I was buying raw Harb #1s for $10-15 shipped for a few years. Sometimes for under $5

You paid more for a lot of the incentive issues though, thanks to Aug002. :baiting:

19 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

Nope, I was buying raw Harb #1s for $10-15 shipped for a few years. Sometimes for under $5

Okay, but how many are we talking about here...about 44,000+ Harby 1s with coupon made, this isn't a book with a large print run....

3 hours ago, spreads said:

Okay, but how many are we talking about here...about 44,000+ Harby 1s with coupon made, this isn't a book with a large print run....

It is a matter of perspective. Compared to today's print runs, that would place Harby #1 in the 32-35 range for top selling monthly titles in 2019........

1 hour ago, kimik said:
5 hours ago, spreads said:

It is a matter of perspective. Compared to today's print runs, that would place Harby #1 in the 32-35 range for top selling monthly titles in 2019........

That’s good perspective IF the book was released today.  

However, the book came out nearly 30 years ago.  So the perspective is somewhat different.  The ‘effective supply’ is reduced by attrition, copies buried in lapsed collections, and in store stock, among other things.

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Still higher than VEI books today.

20 hours ago, 500Club said:

That’s good perspective IF the book was released today.  

However, the book came out nearly 30 years ago.  So the perspective is somewhat different.  The ‘effective supply’ is reduced by attrition, copies buried in lapsed collections, and in store stock, among other things.

I don't understand the comparison at all.  Every time we hear a story of someone buying a copper or bronze stack of a key or semi key in the past for X dollars, no one ever compares that book to its modern successor....?

On 3/8/2019 at 11:31 PM, kimik said:

You paid more for a lot of the incentive issues though, thanks to Aug002. :baiting:

True, but for every gold, platinum, red cover I paid a premium for I eventually got another 5-10 (and more) copies way below 'market' price

On 3/9/2019 at 7:34 AM, spreads said:

Not large print but not hard to find on the cheap 10-15 years ago.

Harblot.JPG

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Action Comics #775... first time i even heard of this book.. supposedly Manchester Black appeared on the Supergirl show

Manchester did appear and Has been on the t.v. show supergirl most of this season.

Last episode he formed a team, I forget what it was called sorry, legion of something I think. Supergirl mentioned her team the "super friends" last episode as well :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
6 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Action Comics #775... first time i even heard of this book.. supposedly Manchester Black appeared on the Supergirl show

Manchester did appear and Has been on the t.v. show supergirl most of this season.

Last episode he formed a team, I forget what it was called sorry, legion of something I think. Supergirl mentioned her team the "super friends" last episode as well :foryou:

awe it must have been the "elite" according to the CGC label, lol I noticed it last episode but forgot to look it up :shy: 

Super Friends as far as the T.V. show was: Supergirl, Brainy, Shawn Jones, and another girl who dreams.....

I don't know all the "Elite" "names" but could describe their characters.... etc