• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

I found an Action Comics #775 for $1 the other week, pretty much immediately posted it for $22 and I was shocked at how quickly it sold. I ran across two other copies today I could have bought for $30 and passed on them. Maybe should have bought them, but I thought it's still a book you could find in dollar boxes.

10 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

True, but for every gold, platinum, red cover I paid a premium for I eventually got another 5-10 (and more) copies way below 'market' price

Agreed, but I bet that every Valiant seller wanted to see Aug002 bidding on their auctions during the early 00s. I could never figure out if he was trying to corner the market on Valiants or looking to drive up other bidders on all auctions to unload books via another account.

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

Agreed, but I bet that every Valiant seller wanted to see Aug002 bidding on their auctions during the early 00s. I could never figure out if he was trying to corner the market on Valiants or looking to drive up other bidders on all auctions to unload books via another account.

I outbid him one time for a raw Wizard X-O Manowar 1/2 Gold and instantly regretted it. Aug002's sniping method involved putting an insanely large bid to overcome other snipers. I had done the same for a couple of auctions and ended up winning items by $1. This time it backfired. I ended paying $450 for a X-O 1/2 Gold. Aug002's bid was $400. They were selling for around $25 at the time.:cry:  Luckily, I ended up selling it for what I paid for it a few weeks later.

13 hours ago, BishopT said:

I found an Action Comics #775 for $1 the other week, pretty much immediately posted it for $22 and I was shocked at how quickly it sold. I ran across two other copies today I could have bought for $30 and passed on them. Maybe should have bought them, but I thought it's still a book you could find in dollar boxes.

I have a first and second print. It used to be pretty hot when it first came out. A mention on Supergirl and it becomes hot again? Weird.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Amazing Spider-man 375 seems to be getting a little traction for a book that was printed during the glut.

I haven't been reading the Venom series, but my understanding is that there was some retconning going on with Eddie Brock's family? Could the first appearances in 375 be a sleeper?

1st Carl Brock who has appeared in multiple issues of the new Venom series. (Also 1st Anne Weying who was in the movie).

53 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

1st Carl Brock who has appeared in multiple issues of the new Venom series. (Also 1st Anne Weying who was in the movie).

Yep, Anne Weying- Eddie Brock's ex-wife aka She-Venom. Lucio Parillo drew a nice She-Venom variant for Venom #11. Had to pick one up. 

7 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Worth reading. It's a highly acclaimed issue, one of the best Superman stories I've ever read.

Got one out of a 50 cent box today! It will be on ebay by the end of the week.

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Rookie 

I am very busy studying for a licensure exam. That said, it might be up in the morning, along with Venom 2099 issue, the last issues of Doom 2099 and Spider-man 2099 and some others.

So it appears that DC is licensing out all these foil "limited" editions lately. It started off with Tech 880, now theres one for Bats 428 and a new one for Harley/Alex Ross..

I hope that this doesnt start a new "variant" trend 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Harley-Quinn-1-Alex-Ross-Foil-Exclusive-NM-DC/233163714242?hash=item3649a3eec2%3Ag%3AZYgAAOSwo4VchqoX&LH_BIN=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-428-ACE-comic-con-foil-edition-RARE-NM-copies/292991133060?epid=85360914&hash=item4437a1e584%3Ag%3A4UYAAOSwIt5cbBx9&LH_BIN=1

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

So it appears that DC is licensing out all these foil "limited" editions lately. It started off with Tech 880, now theres one for Bats 428 and a new one for Harley/Alex Ross..

I hope that this doesnt start a new "variant" trend 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Harley-Quinn-1-Alex-Ross-Foil-Exclusive-NM-DC/233163714242?hash=item3649a3eec2%3Ag%3AZYgAAOSwo4VchqoX&LH_BIN=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-428-ACE-comic-con-foil-edition-RARE-NM-copies/292991133060?epid=85360914&hash=item4437a1e584%3Ag%3A4UYAAOSwIt5cbBx9&LH_BIN=1

I actually ordered a Dell Otto remark on a Batman Grimm, not the foil version, so I might not experience the full 90's nerd prism effect...

RnRr.gif