Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
107 107

49,842 posts in this topic

9,704 posts
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its about time haven't they promised her a larger role for years.

I'm not even sure the focus is on her. Also, the antagonist is Malaketh. Does that get people excited?

19,554 posts
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, maidenmate91 said:

Liefeld: "No! It's not that affordable book guys, it's this book on my website for $100 a piece." S*pec*u*lat*cke*o*rs <===="who" buys into this trash?  

I like Liefeld too, but that's ridiculous! I was born in 1991 so I didn't get to appreciate/witness the comic crash of the 90s, due to the speculation driven market. That said, today with all the variants/ reprints, and manufactured collectibles, I imagine THIS is how it felt! 

This bubble is going to pop, soon I would think too.

These things did not help in the 90s, but it really crashed under the weight of 7 digitesque print runs for a host of books. 5, 10, 15 copies of a book per actual collector. The same thing that happened with sports cards. So, nowadays, rather than a glut (and millions of dollars tied up on inventory that would never sell... See, e.g., turok 1... That bankrupted dealers) the hobby is subjected to an endless stream of manufactured rarities. Possibly a glut in itself even if individually we are talking about 5k print run books. But I think variant overstock is easier to absorb than excess palettes of an individual book. On the other hand, so much new material is quickly worth 1/2 or less of its wholesale price. In 1991, relegating overstock to a 50 cent box almost covered the cost of the book. A dollar box today does not.

Edited by the blob

10,635 posts

Faithless seems to be selling some today. 

5,409 posts

Free Comic Book Day is right around the corner. Any hot books to be on the look out for? hm

39,869 posts
On 4/9/2019 at 4:35 PM, fastballspecial said:

Its about time haven't they promised her a larger role for years.

Uh, she's not REAL . . . She's just a comic book character. lol

36,448 posts
On 4/2/2019 at 9:28 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Naomi_Campbell_Cannes_2017_2.jpg&f=1

I know I'm late, but 9.8 Extensive Restoration (Restoration includes color touch, bleaching, pieces added).

10,997 posts
1 hour ago, mr_highgrade said:

Free Comic Book Day is right around the corner. Any hot books? hm

(Savage) Avengers #1 vs 1st comic book app. of Cristiana Ronaldo's Striker Force 7 hm or go for the lower print run Overstreet Guide to Collecting to learn how to grade like Overstreet.

5 posts

Hello all, noobie here and first post....

So I thought I'd pick your guys' brain on IDW's Rot and Ruin #1 from 2014. Film and TV rights were just acquired by Alcon Entertainment a few days a go. From what I can tell this was a novel first by Jonathan Maberry then a comic book. Any of you familiar with this title? I have not read either format so I don't know if the comic books are totally different stories or an adaptation of the novel. Although there have been some healthy eBay sales the past few days, do you guys think this will have legs long term?

1,607 posts
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 3:53 PM, maidenmate91 said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-is-reportedly-developing-a-kate-bishop-centered-1833945782/amp

I'm predicting young avengers #1 and young avengers presents #6 is going to see another bump. 

young avengers 6  April 10th $175, April 11th $225 sold listings on eBay.  Movin on up!

Edit: the above book was Young Avengers Presents 6 

Edited by Catwomancomics

1 post

Hi everyone, a newbie here from the UK. I was wondering if anyone could answer me this question. I have just purchased a couple of those faithless #1s  the Tula Lotay variants. I havent actually seen the covers yet but apparantly they are pretty raunchy, do cgc have any problems with grading comics that have erotic covers such as this?

67 posts
545 posts
23 minutes ago, Jackhartmann said:

The Ross version is fantastic, wish i had got one. Hoping they come down a little in price in a few months.

Love the retro artgerm.

Hate the JeeHyung, looks like an attempt to ride the spider gwen cover craze, and think its being fueled by the same.

5,381 posts
Posted (edited)

Thanos 15 4th print is hot.

Sold 18 virgins today.

Edited by I like pie

10,635 posts

Where do you even get 18 copies of that book.  lol

71 posts

3 hours ago, Avi said:

The Ross version is fantastic, wish i had got one. Hoping they come down a little in price in a few months.

I doubt they will. Roughly 1,000 copies were printed.