Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
113 113

50,515 posts in this topic

3,331 posts
3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

This may be more apropos...

Hot-Potato-without-the-potato.gif

 

No picture embodies chasing modern comic specs better than this. Except the last guy's hands don't look like they're scorched when the flame vanishes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,519 posts
12 minutes ago, jcjames said:

No picture embodies chasing modern comic specs better than this. Except the last guy's hands don't look like they're scorched when the flame vanishes. 

 

I agree this vid is pretty much the current comic market in a nut shell except the time from hot to not is quite a bit faster then shown here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,183 posts
13 hours ago, williamblood said:

that auction is being fake bid up. but book is going up. naomi 1 1st print has best chance to be next tt12 if not better. im guessing book will be selling for $100 raw by time issue 6 comes out

Considering it's Bendis, maybe Alias #1 is a good parallel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,331 posts
47 minutes ago, World Devourer said:

I still don't know who Naomi is. Boy, I'll buy one of those scorecards! And some popcorn!

It's Bendis writing a young-female-of-color character in a world of w****-***e superheroes.

What else is there to know? 

It's supposedly the "the most sincere, inclusive and yes feminist comic" out there. 

Real

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,916 posts
15 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Shilled. Easy to spot. With 5 days left, it was a dumb move

Does it seem disingenuous? Yes. Is it shilled? By the current bidding there is no evidence of this.

Top bidder - 48 feedback, 23% of bids with seller.

Under-bidder - 1,003 feedback, 3% of bids with seller.

There are multiple cover A & B's that were listed today by one seller for cheaper than the current auction price. At the time of bidding there were no other 9.8s listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,969 posts
Posted (edited)

The odds are pretty high that it might be.

Edited by fastballspecial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,969 posts

I just like naomi in general because it doesn't involve variants for the most part and the print run is low. I compare it to TAH 21. 

I feel for anyone paying big money for that action comics cover claiming that's her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,916 posts
14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

The odds are pretty high that it might be.

Agreed, but there is no actual evidence of it.

It would be like saying, oh I don't know, that same character appears on another earlier cover only to be told by the writer and artist that isn't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,707 posts
14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Still shocked at the interest in Naomi.  To be clear, I've read it since day 1 and like it.  

Young Justice is pretty bad so far.  Though I like Bendis, it's one of my least favs by him.  Green Lantern character has been lame so far.  My favorite part is the cow-lady and her role has been minimal at times. 

Why Exiles #3?  Which series: 1, 2, or 3?

Patrick

New Exiles series.  Has Peggy Carter as Captain America.  Supposedly the first What If cartoon story on disney+ when service comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168 posts
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I just like naomi in general because it doesn't involve variants for the most part and the print run is low. I compare it to TAH 21. 

I feel for anyone paying big money for that action comics cover claiming that's her. 

rumor is print run for issue 5 might hit 40-50k, where issue 3 had maybe 13k. also DC is considering opening naomi to store variants for issues 5 and 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,099 posts
59 minutes ago, williamblood said:

rumor is print run for issue 5 might hit 40-50k, where issue 3 had maybe 13k. also DC is considering opening naomi to store variants for issues 5 and 6

If my eyes roll back any further in my head I'm afraid I'm gonna have an orgasm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,550 posts
4 hours ago, jcjames said:

It's Bendis writing a young-female-of-color character in a world of w****-***e superheroes.

What else is there to know? 

It's supposedly the "the most sincere, inclusive and yes feminist comic" out there. 

Real

 

:sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,969 posts
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, williamblood said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I just like naomi in general because it doesn't involve variants for the most part and the print run is low. I compare it to TAH 21. 

I feel for anyone paying big money for that action comics cover claiming that's her. 

rumor is print run for issue 5 might hit 40-50k, where issue 3 had maybe 13k. also DC is considering opening naomi to store variants for issues 5 and 6

Oh yeah I think that is probably likely. Everyone has jumped on. That should be an indicator to jump off.

Go ahead and let them do variants. My money is not in issue 5. Let them print the hell out of it and let the "lemmings" buy the store variants.
I get all the emails from those places I can sit back and watch. 

 

Edited by fastballspecial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
474 posts
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, jcjames said:

It's Bendis writing a young-female-of-color character in a world of w****-***e superheroes.

What else is there to know? 

It's supposedly the "the most sincere, inclusive and yes feminist comic" out there. 

Real

 

That's it? 

Pardon my reaction but...and?

a) Bendis has never been a great writer

b) There have been African-American heroes before. Were there variant covers of Flash #134 when Jakeem Williams (later Thunder) first appeared?

What about Marvel's Monica Rambeau (Captain Marvel - Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16), Mexican Bonita Juarez (Firebird - Hulk #265) or Native American John Proudfoot (Thunderbird - Giant-Size X-Men #1)?  Variant covers?

In the words of the late, great Stan Lee, the most significant appearance of a non-white hero was in fact the Falcon, and history was made when the character shared the title with icon Captain America, in Captain America and the Falcon #134.

Needless to say, there were no variant covers of that issue.

Nuff' said.

Edited by World Devourer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302 posts
20 hours ago, williamblood said:

rumor is print run for issue 5 might hit 40-50k, where issue 3 had maybe 13k. also DC is considering opening naomi to store variants for issues 5 and 6

Brian Springman, you think you know everything :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,727 posts

I remember the days when publishers used to promote comic books by shoving them in sealed plastic bags, printing chromium covers, and making thousand variants with high profile artists. 

 

Now they simply shill bid on eBay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
113 113