• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

What is the better cover to own of the howling commandos of shield.  Personslly i think the reg cover is the nicest, but i assume the hip hop variant will be the most valuable as the cover is black?

My hunch would be the highest ratio variant, followed by the next highest, etc., and then the A cover amongst the order-alls. But who knows. Appealing cover art *can* make the regular cover more desirable than an incentive. Whether it *will*…

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Reviewing some books over the last few weeks doing well. I usually stay a few days behind hot books
for both review and so I can find copies. :banana:

Bloodstone 1 - Skyrocketing - I had at least a dozen copies many years ago and I sold a decade too early lol.

This book has been up and down multiple times; any particular reason this time?

JSC sales are insane.  I was all prepped before the release Saturday of his Black Cat 1 variants and still barely got checked out before they all went out of stock.  4 minutes after they went on sale they were gone.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Too bad that doesn't translate to previous work. Grrr!

That was pretty much the situation on the eve of the '90s collapse. People were so busy pouring money into the *next* big thing, that no one was spending money on the books already purchased exclusively for re-sale.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, rckstr1253 said:

What is the better cover to own of the howling commandos of shield.  Personslly i think the reg cover is the nicest, but i assume the hip hop variant will be the most valuable as the cover is black?

The 1:25 is the winner ... the hiphop variants are hit or miss and usually its contingent on whether they were print to incentives.  I think this will probably look a lot like Thanos 13 with the A cover selling for more than the 1:10 variants :screwy: but hopefully I'm wrong.  I also can't remember whether the hip hop variant is a 1:10 for 100% certain (I would have to look into that), but given the option to buy the A covers or the hiphop variants at or around the same price, I am still buying the A covers.  I've learned my lesson on too many other books (TT12, Naomi 1, Thanos 13, etc.).  

22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

JSC books. I am doing buying his variants. When I can't get a copy or two 5 minutes after they go up then 

its not worth it to me and I will just buy reg covers. Some sleepers of his Southern Nightgown and 
Spookshow International 1 both are JSC covers that are harder to find.

18 hours ago, chronosafe said:

JSC sales are insane.  I was all prepped before the release Saturday of his Black Cat 1 variants and still barely got checked out before they all went out of stock.  4 minutes after they went on sale they were gone.

"Nobody wants the JSC store variants anymore because they sell out too quickly."

- Yogi Berra

21 hours ago, manetteska said:

This book has been up and down multiple times; any particular reason this time?

There has been rumors circulating about her coming to Hulu, but there were no verified stories or anything substantial that I can find.  I think a lot of it is was tee leaf reading after the Hulu announcements and then piling on after it hit the CBSI top ten, but its an awesome book that I feel like a bone head for not having in my collection.  

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:59 AM, fastballspecial said:

Spawn 240 just one to pick lately anything almost from 220-240ish and 190 to 200 seems to cook.
Newsstand sales in high grade do well as well of almost any Spawn issue. I just sold a few the 
last few days.

What numbers do newsstands run to, I thought they stopped around issues numbered in the low-to-mid 100s? 

2 minutes ago, spreads said:

What numbers do newsstands run to, I thought they stopped around issues numbered in the low-to-mid 100s? 

The highest I have seen are in the late 120s. I dont know when they stopped.

I ddint mean that newsstands went that high  only they sell well in high grade due to scarcity on top of it.

Edited by fastballspecial