Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
113 113

50,574 posts in this topic

2,550 posts
Posted (edited)

I remember seeing a Batman beyond cover with the Phantasm on it. Was that not DC continuity?

Edited by maidenmate91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56,033 posts
On 6/13/2019 at 7:59 PM, Lobstrosity said:
On 6/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, valiantman said:

Did Freak appear in Image Zero (1993), the send-away book with the early Image coupons (such as the one in Spawn #4)?

Yes, but only as a pinup. His first partial appearance was Spawn #33 (just seen as a pair of eyes in the background). His first full appearance was Spawn #37.

With the preview obsessed public we have now, after two+ decades of holding on to worthless Image #0s, I'm finally RICH!!

:acclaim:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,192 posts
6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

With the preview obsessed public we have now, after two+ decades of holding on to worthless Image #0s, I'm finally RICH!!

:acclaim:

 

If only. I remember when Spawn 4 and Wildcats 2 were going for a premium because people needed the coupons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
81 posts
3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If only. I remember when Spawn 4 and Wildcats 2 were going for a premium because people needed the coupons.

Speaking of Coupons...

When are those “Malibu Coupons” Gonna be worth something!!

(shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,994 posts
On 6/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, Vfactor1 said:

Speaking of Coupons...

When are those “Malibu Coupons” Gonna be worth something!!

(shrug)

I remember the program for the Ultraverse I sent all those in lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40,165 posts
On 6/14/2019 at 6:40 PM, maidenmate91 said:

I remember seeing a Batman beyond cover with the Phantasm on it. Was that not DC continuity?

 

6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I remember the program for the Ultraverse I sent all those in lol.

I remember (toot toot) they had a swimming pool. (FZ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
573 posts
On 6/14/2019 at 4:26 PM, Lazyboy said:

:gossip: That book is not DCU.

Really? How come?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,431 posts
49 minutes ago, Avi said:

Really? How come?

DCAU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
573 posts
13 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

DCAU

ah, thanks! got confused thinking batman adventures was part of the DCU but thats also part of DCAU and not in continuity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,147 posts

All I know is that I had two copies and they both sold quick this weekend, as I didn't price them up when they spiked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,665 posts
40,165 posts
On 6/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, divad said:

 

I remember (toot toot) they had a swimming pool. (FZ)

Only @Bird will understand this one . . . :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,943 posts
14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I wont pass those issues up for $1, but I can chase other books that have a better chance of staying power.

 

Batman / Catwoman isn't being released until January 2020. How much time do you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050 posts
On 6/11/2019 at 11:55 PM, kimik said:

Check out the prices on Spawn #174, 175 and #216 as well. They are going for more than #221 now. Insane.

Spawn 216 completed auctions seem to have been (partially) inflated by misinformation that it is the Freak's first appearance. It is not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,733 posts
2 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Spawn 216 completed auctions seem to have been (partially) inflated by misinformation that it is the Freak's first appearance. It is not. 

Agreed, but it is also part of the extremely low print run period for Spawn and hard to find. I started cleaning LCSs and dealers at shows out of the issues from 174ish until the end of the homage coves 5 or 6 years ago. I never completed a full run, and for a lot of them I just found one or two copies over the years. At the Calgary Expo four or five years ago one of the Calgary LCSs pulled out their homage cover backstock and were dumping it in dollar bins. They did not know what they had. lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,994 posts

One of the oddest couple of weeks in sales for me in awhile.

I cant sell enough of 2 books Giant Size Defender 3 and Die 1 Hans Covers.
Neither book lasts for me more then a day or so currently. Even getting buyers
from Europe and Canada. You know its a hot book when they pony up the postage.
lol

Eternals books continue to move well for me especially Eternals 3 and 4 and 14/16.
That being said almost any NM copy from Volume 1 will sell well currently. I also have
multiple sales of the 2nd and 3rd series as sets.

I have sold a lot of Marvel Age 6 as well in NM condition for $15-20 each.

Spawn newsstands continue to appreciate well in high grade with the last dozen or so
issues selling very well. 

Sold multiple copies of Marvel Assistant Spectacular 2 over the last few months. 

Huntress 1 still a strong seller for me. 

Call of Duty 1 is a nice $1 book that sells well when found. Great Cover

Can sell any copy of Hulk 234 currently I wish I would have held on to more of them.

Just an odd few weeks before SDCC comes out and turns the market on its head again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
505 posts

Some very recent sales of late Akira books has me interested. 38 just ended at $190, 37 at $98, 36 at $34, and 35 at $64(!?). I knew 38 always had value (why I have two in my PC), but 35 kind of surprised me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,675 posts
On 6/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, fastballspecial said:

One of the oddest couple of weeks in sales for me in awhile.

I cant sell enough of 2 books Giant Size Defender 3 and Die 1 Hans Covers.
Neither book lasts for me more then a day or so currently. Even getting buyers
from Europe and Canada. You know its a hot book when they pony up the postage.
lol

Eternals books continue to move well for me especially Eternals 3 and 4 and 14/16.
That being said almost any NM copy from Volume 1 will sell well currently. I also have
multiple sales of the 2nd and 3rd series as sets.

I have sold a lot of Marvel Age 6 as well in NM condition for $15-20 each.

Spawn newsstands continue to appreciate well in high grade with the last dozen or so
issues selling very well. 

Sold multiple copies of Marvel Assistant Spectacular 2 over the last few months. 

Huntress 1 still a strong seller for me. 

Call of Duty 1 is a nice $1 book that sells well when found. Great Cover

Can sell any copy of Hulk 234 currently I wish I would have held on to more of them.

Just an odd few weeks before SDCC comes out and turns the market on its head again

 

I have like four hulk 234's in the for sale thread and they are not moving at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,994 posts
21 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
On 6/22/2019 at 9:51 AM, fastballspecial said:

One of the oddest couple of weeks in sales for me in awhile.

I cant sell enough of 2 books Giant Size Defender 3 and Die 1 Hans Covers.
Neither book lasts for me more then a day or so currently. Even getting buyers
from Europe and Canada. You know its a hot book when they pony up the postage.
lol

Eternals books continue to move well for me especially Eternals 3 and 4 and 14/16.
That being said almost any NM copy from Volume 1 will sell well currently. I also have
multiple sales of the 2nd and 3rd series as sets.

I have sold a lot of Marvel Age 6 as well in NM condition for $15-20 each.

Spawn newsstands continue to appreciate well in high grade with the last dozen or so
issues selling very well. 

Sold multiple copies of Marvel Assistant Spectacular 2 over the last few months. 

Huntress 1 still a strong seller for me. 

Call of Duty 1 is a nice $1 book that sells well when found. Great Cover

Can sell any copy of Hulk 234 currently I wish I would have held on to more of them.

Just an odd few weeks before SDCC comes out and turns the market on its head again

 

I have like four hulk 234's in the for sale thread and they are not moving at all.

Well our sales threads here are not ebay for one thing. While we sell the same type of books
unless you are selling a lot,(To bring in a buyer with bulk) your prices and ebay should be
slightly different not the same or higher. Hot books sometimes are not hot books here unless
they are high grade(We want to slab our copies for profit or personal collections.) since
we have a different buying pool and a somewhat smaller one.

If you put all 4 of your copies on ebay they will sell.(They are VG to F) They might not sell
for what you want for them currently, but they will all sell between $20-40 I think. I think I
have sold all mine now, but not one last more then couple
of days. It might not stay that way, but the last few weeks it has been.

I paid like $1-3 for my copies so if I get $30-35 for a VF I am fine with it. I don't need maximum
profit and the buyer will come back. Some never learn that lesson.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
113 113