• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, kimik said:

Agreed, but it is also part of the extremely low print run period for Spawn and hard to find. I started cleaning LCSs and dealers at shows out of the issues from 174ish until the end of the homage coves 5 or 6 years ago. I never completed a full run, and for a lot of them I just found one or two copies over the years. At the Calgary Expo four or five years ago one of the Calgary LCSs pulled out their homage cover backstock and were dumping it in dollar bins. They did not know what they had. lol 

The newer Spawn with the Mattina covers are most likely even lower printed.

15 hours ago, Brother J said:

Yeah, that's my eBay sales model, as well. As long as I'm making a decent profit, I don't need to get top dollar. Just need to find more time to list stuff.

Yea, undercut the market and worry about yourself. Seems to be the norm these days.

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Just popped over to Midtown Comics on my lunch break and nabbed two copies as well. Someone has already vetted them for the best looking copies, it looked like

Got 2 more on the way back home, most stores expectedly sold out since its an odd title... Seems to be holding on good so far at 25.00

well see what happens tomorrow

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I didn't read the whole story. Are there any hints as to her background?

Not so far... Its really only 10 pages so went through it quickly... The GR story is cool too... And Im a huge AAdams fan so one of those is gonna get graded

And..

Dang, already sold 2/$25

These didnt last 15 min :whatthe:

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Not so far... Its really only 10 pages so went through it quickly... The GR story is cool too... And Im a huge AAdams fan so one of those is gonna get graded

And..

Dang, already sold 2/$25

These didnt last 15 min :whatthe:

All three shops in my area are sold out, gobbled up by lunchtime.  I didn't luck out and get one.  No way I am paying the current $45+ prices for it either, that is just insane.

Grats on your insta-wins. :)

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Could this be the baby from the end of the Jungle Adventure, all grown up? 

That's precisely why I was asking about whether her origins had been hinted at. Apparently an issue of the Marvel Handbook had indicated that child was a boy, but since that's never been indicated in an actual story, I would say all bets are off.

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Could this be the baby from the end of the Jungle Adventure, all grown up? 

15 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's precisely why I was asking about whether her origins had been hinted at. Apparently an issue of the Marvel Handbook had indicated that child was a boy, but since that's never been indicated in an actual story, I would say all bets are off.

Man, you guys do not read comics :whatthe:

Read Marvel Comics Presents 3-6, you'll understand Rien's origin.

The morning after and these are still moving at 25-35. i suspect that if indeed she is wolvies daughter this could have lasting power. Held on to one last copy. This was a fun cool win and the mrs and I are gonna have a nice breakfast now in the city to celebrate and spend the profits (well I may have to pocket the tip)

On 6/25/2019 at 11:27 AM, ygogolak said:

Yea, undercut the market and worry about yourself. Seems to be the norm these days.

17 hours ago, Brother J said:

Who else should I worry about? I want to sell my books and sell them at a price I am comfortable with, so what the hell does that have to do with anyone else?

Oh right, just as I said.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

The morning after and these are still moving at 25-35. i suspect that if indeed she is wolvies daughter this could have lasting power. Held on to one last copy. This was a fun cool win and the mrs and I are gonna have a nice breakfast now in the city to celebrate and spend the profits (well I may have to pocket the tip)

I went back to Midtown after work yesterday (2 locations) and they were gone. Sold one of my 2 copies for $25, so I covered costs