• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 7/12/2019 at 10:46 AM, manetteska said:

So from that self-admitted vague teaser, you deduced it was picked up for TV?

Yeah.  So did A ton of people.  There were podcast, video blogs, spec site news alerts and articles on comicbookspeculation.com, in facebook and mewe groups, etc.  I think there was a key alert from the key collector app.  I'm surprised you didn't see it coming.  Vaughan brokered that deal with :Universal a minute ago and everyone has been waiting for the announcement of which show was getting done next for about 9 months.  

On 7/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

That's not really an accurate comparison. I made very very good money on Thief of Thieves 1. The value on that book skyrocketed
and the variants sold very well.

Paper girls has quite a bit more copies involved and its not at the beginning of the movie hype like ToT was.

Im surprised that dude couldn't come up with a more recent example than Thief of Thieves.  I quit collecting for 5 years or so and I too made GREAT money on Thief of Thieves back in the day . lol  

6 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:
On 7/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, manetteska said:

So from that self-admitted vague teaser, you deduced it was picked up for TV?

Yeah.  So did A ton of people.  There were podcast, video blogs, spec site news alerts and articles on comicbookspeculation.com, in facebook and mewe groups, etc.  I think there was a key alert from the key collector app.  I'm surprised you didn't see it coming.  Vaughan brokered that deal with :Universal a minute ago and everyone has been waiting for the announcement of which show was getting done next for about 9 months.  

Interesting. I do not read spec sites so I am out of touch in that arena. But I'm guessing people who write articles about an upcoming tv show/movie deal whenever a creator announces "big news" aren't correct 100% of the time, right? Broken clock and all that. Or is there a science to knowing which tweets are "for real" and which are "for show"?

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Interesting. I do not read spec sites so I am out of touch in that arena. But I'm guessing people who write articles about an upcoming tv show/movie deal whenever a creator announces "big news" aren't correct 100% of the time, right? Broken clock and all that. Or is there a science to knowing which tweets are "for real" and which are "for show"?

You should read things rather than guessing - got a feeling you'll be right more than twice a day too.  

Edited by Nico Esq
typo

6 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:
8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You should read things rather than guessing - go a feeling you'll be right more than twice a day too.  

Sure, I'll play. So what else did you read other than a big news tweet?

46 minutes ago, manetteska said:

I read this blog by this narcissist on comicbookspeculation.com who writes some "weekend update" like he thinks he's on SNL or something.  That website is my main source for investment/speculation tips and tricks.   

44 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:
1 hour ago, manetteska said:

I read this blog by this narcissist on comicbookspeculation.com who writes some "weekend update" like he thinks he's on SNL or something.  That website is my main source for investment/speculation tips and tricks.   

OK, so...you.

I was merely commenting on prognosticators in any medium (not singling you out here) who throw out a bunch of predictions, one actually hits, then they claim they knew it all along, gleefully ignoring the incorrect ones.

37 minutes ago, manetteska said:

OK, so...you.

I was merely commenting on prognosticators in any medium (not singling you out here) who throw out a bunch of predictions, one actually hits, then they claim they knew it all along, gleefully ignoring the incorrect ones.

Related image

Anyone want to talk about Reaver #1, Canto #1, GoGo Power Rangers #21, Turtles 51 and/or 95-97; SDCC stuff, if the Archie related GGA books have legs, Captain Marvel 8 (I'm probably passing on this book but copies are moving), the viability of Walking Dead books over the course of the next 60 days, 6 months, 6 years, Immortal Hulk, Naomi and/or something else that is maybe interesting?  

Edited by Nico Esq

1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

Anyone want to talk about Reaver #1, Canto #1, GoGo Power Rangers #21, Turtles 51 and/or 95-97; SDCC stuff, if the Archie related GGA books have legs, Captain Marvel 8 (I'm probably passing on this book but copies are moving), the viability of Walking Dead books over the course of the next 60 days, 6 months, 6 years, Immortal Hulk, Naomi and/or something else that is maybe interesting?  

Hey, I am game. I am actually looking to pick up a TWD #1 and would love some opinions on if I should be looking to buy now, in 6 months, or even further down the road. It's a book on my " I must have it" list, even if the series is done. I too am passing on Captain Marvel 8 unless I see one tomorrow morning at cover just sitting on the shelves. I am not going out of my way to find this book as I have my doubts about the "internet generated buzz" based off what appears to be more rumors. Reaver 1 was a solid read and I actually look forward to seeing how this series pans out long term.

2 hours ago, HookemNC said:

Hey, I am game. I am actually looking to pick up a TWD #1 and would love some opinions on if I should be looking to buy now, in 6 months, or even further down the road. It's a book on my " I must have it" list, even if the series is done. I too am passing on Captain Marvel 8 unless I see one tomorrow morning at cover just sitting on the shelves. I am not going out of my way to find this book as I have my doubts about the "internet generated buzz" based off what appears to be more rumors. Reaver 1 was a solid read and I actually look forward to seeing how this series pans out long term.

If you're planning to wait it might be awhile... the book tracked well with the popularity of the show, and as the popularity has been fading, so has the value in the book and all TWD keys for that matter. I have no idea what AMC's plans are, but with all the spin-offs in talks and on-air and main show renewed for season 10, and the comic book just freshly ending it might take several years for it to hit rock bottom in popularity and all the fair-weather fans and speculators still holding to dump. 

But, if it's a book you really can't wait on, it's not a terrible time to buy. It's on the downswing, just may not be all the way down yet. The good thing with that book is the low-print run will prevent it from ever falling off the cliff completely, and will always have decent value in high-grade. Just my opinion.

6 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

Hear ye, hear ye!

1 hour ago, Jackhartmann said:

Any thoughts to the story?

Story was fun but certainly wasn't groundbreaking, by any means. Group of unlikely heroes/anti-heroes, each with a different skill set are forced to go on a suicide mission. I'll check out the rest in trade. 

19 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

If you're planning to wait it might be awhile... the book tracked well with the popularity of the show, and as the popularity has been fading, so has the value in the book and all TWD keys for that matter. I have no idea what AMC's plans are, but with all the spin-offs in talks and on-air and main show renewed for season 10, and the comic book just freshly ending it might take several years for it to hit rock bottom in popularity and all the fair-weather fans and speculators still holding to dump. 

But, if it's a book you really can't wait on, it's not a terrible time to buy. It's on the downswing, just may not be all the way down yet. The good thing with that book is the low-print run will prevent it from ever falling off the cliff completely, and will always have decent value in high-grade. Just my opinion.

Appreciate the advice. I might go ahead and start the hunt now and get it done. Prices are in a decent spot for me and I think you're right. It's never going to bottom out, so I might as well grab it while it's in a range I am happy with. 

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

I want to see it move past $9.99 before I start looking at it. 

13 hours ago, Phish&Comics said:

Story was fun but certainly wasn't groundbreaking, by any means. Group of unlikely heroes/anti-heroes, each with a different skill set are forced to go on a suicide mission. I'll check out the rest in trade. 

So.....just an alternative Suicide Squad concept? 

Edited by kimik

12 minutes ago, kimik said:

So.....just an alternative Suicide Squad concept? 

That was my impression of the first issue. It's also using the latest trend of a medieval/GoT style setting. Maybe it will switch things up in future issues.