Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
113 113

50,523 posts in this topic

9,926 posts
31 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Great discussion I mean that. But as Brock kinda stated we dont have a smoking gun what we have is still inferred speculation.

Yes we know Scholastic is a juggernaut, but we dont know sales. Yes female readership is on the rise which I really like. All signs point right even google trends is murky because u dotn know which ms marvel it is. 

There is heavy investment in this book and to a lighter degree moon girl as well. Sometimes I just try to distinguish between rampant speculator bs  and actually solid information to demand of a title. In this case honestly it's just hard.

Do you have some comic book print run numbers I can put up against these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 posts
2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

So you're saying none of the people on these boards, let alone the hobby, are adults that read comics as kids?

What I was saying that it is encouraging to see Marvel doing well in other areas in their publication division, the point I was making was is there a correlation between this area and our beloved hobby.

The soccer analogy was to illustrate that life happens and people move beyond a lot of things we love as children.

Almost EVERYBODY grew up with these characters, but sadly most lose interest later on.  Encouraging new readership keeps the hobby alive, but do these changes add to the base readership in an overall manner, rather than growing a demographic to replace a declining demographic?

Just about everybody watches the movies, many people still read, but it seems fewer people collect.  That is another discussion for another thread.  I have been collecting since the mid 70s and in my city local comic stores have declined from almost two dozen to maybe a dozen now, almost all bad. 

I am old, but the children of collectors I know do not collect physical copies, the watch more of the movies than I do and read online, but they never buy floppies.  If they only knew what Dad has stashed dad has stashed away.

We can only hope that this success can carry forward to keep publishing physical copies viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,926 posts
12 minutes ago, Darth Floppy said:

What I was saying that it is encouraging to see Marvel doing well in other areas in their publication division, the point I was making was is there a correlation between this area and our beloved hobby.

The soccer analogy was to illustrate that life happens and people move beyond a lot of things we love as children.

Almost EVERYBODY grew up with these characters, but sadly most lose interest later on.  Encouraging new readership keeps the hobby alive, but do these changes add to the base readership in an overall manner, rather than growing a demographic to replace a declining demographic?

Just about everybody watches the movies, many people still read, but it seems fewer people collect.  That is another discussion for another thread.  I have been collecting since the mid 70s and in my city local comic stores have declined from almost two dozen to maybe a dozen now, almost all bad. 

I am old, but the children of collectors I know do not collect physical copies, the watch more of the movies than I do and read online, but they never buy floppies.  If they only knew what Dad has stashed dad has stashed away.

We can only hope that this success can carry forward to keep publishing physical copies viable.

Using what you can see out your window as a national perspective on things will never give you the full periphery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,972 posts
5 hours ago, ygogolak said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Great discussion I mean that. But as Brock kinda stated we dont have a smoking gun what we have is still inferred speculation.

Yes we know Scholastic is a juggernaut, but we dont know sales. Yes female readership is on the rise which I really like. All signs point right even google trends is murky because u dotn know which ms marvel it is. 

There is heavy investment in this book and to a lighter degree moon girl as well. Sometimes I just try to distinguish between rampant speculator bs  and actually solid information to demand of a title. In this case honestly it's just hard.

Do you have some comic book print run numbers I can put up against these?

Just look thru this. I think 2013 is the earliest the numbers aren't very promising, but many titles aren't
after first few issues.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,972 posts

Your have  to go into each year the a month of each year. It's where I got all those sales numbers for trades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,140 posts
Posted (edited)

Ok Back to THORDIS/JANE 

If GOT 25 is same Panel (Jane as THOR) as THOR 1... What do you feel is the current VALUE/Number of the GOT 25 Manara Incentive Variant.  Here are the numbers

 

Since THOR 1 Recent Sales Have been From 455 to 175 since announcement in SDCC.  What could the limit ed1st Value be?? and How Many 1000?  1500?  2000?

3 5 Thor 1 $3.99 Marvel 150,862
43 21 Thor God of Thunder 25 $4.99 Marvel

53,047

bc84151686b49cf6173ed3b88ce94ca0_xl.jpg

Edited by Jaydee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,926 posts
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Your have  to go into each year the a month of each year. It's where I got all those sales numbers for trades.

I know how Comichron works. They don't report any print numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,972 posts
Posted (edited)

Web of Spider-man 118 has caught fire again.

Once and Future 1s are slowing down so now is the time to buy if  you missed it.
2nd prints are very hot and 3rd prints look to do the same.

Batman 77 still selling well.

Almost all copies of House and Powers of X 1, 2 and 3 are still in demand.
Been awhile since I have seen repeat sellouts at all my local shops on the 1st day.

Elephantmen 31 tough find pays well JSC

Marvel Comics 1000 - Well facebook warriors are charging the shops looking for Mickey.
A decent price will have good resale. Other then that I would avoid the 1000 due to everyone
looking at it. Think Tec 1000.

Thordis What If 10 still going strong. The "Thordis" argument doesn't matter.
 

Edited by fastballspecial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,972 posts

Spider-man II 1# 2017 seems to be moving well.

Betty and Veronic 260 - wow Betty 186 - wow

Red Hood 37 $10-15 book

She Hulk, Moon Knight, Black Knight cant go wrong there.

Devil Dinosaur 1 moving nice from later bronze.

Avengers 196 is a monster currently

Marvel Age 97 Darkhawk doing very well

Even low grade Avengers 48s are unreal what they are selling for

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,428 posts
27 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Soooo....what's going on with Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern #48...?

Not sure where it started but there is a rumor hbo is developing a green lantern corps show featuring Kyle Rayner

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/08/29/rumor-greg-berlanti-developing-green-lantern-corps-hbo-max-show-featuring-kyle-rayner/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,099 posts
13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Soooo....what's going on with Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern #48...?

The youtube show "Lords of the Longbox" is "reporting" that HBO Max is doing a Green Langern Corp. TV show starring Kyle Rayner.  This "rumor" gets picked up by cosmicbooknews and bounding into comics and all of a sudden its a real "news" story with multiple "reliable" sources reporting on it.  Now people cry about pump and dump and spreading false rumors all the time, but this is RIDICULOUS.  This show has the worst track record for reporting old news, old rumors and mixxing in utter nonsense that no one is reporting about and asserting that they have a tipster.  I can't tell if it is malicious or ignorance, but it BAD.  Some of the ridiculous stories they've recently reported that spring to mind "Dakota North is getting an ABC TV Show, Red Wolf is in development, Kazar and the Savage Land are in development, etc.  They have really hurt their brand.  I used to really this show.  I was always a little suspicious because they do youtube auctions and raffles but that's their decision.  Anyway, I think there information is suspect.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,926 posts
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

The youtube show "Lords of the Longbox" is "reporting" that HBO Max is doing a Green Langern Corp. TV show starring Kyle Rayner.  This "rumor" gets picked up by cosmicbooknews and bounding into comics and all of a sudden its a real "news" story with multiple "reliable" sources reporting on it.  Now people cry about pump and dump and spreading false rumors all the time, but this is RIDICULOUS.  This show has the worst track record for reporting old news, old rumors and mixxing in utter nonsense that no one is reporting about and asserting that they have a tipster.  I can't tell if it is malicious or ignorance, but it BAD.  Some of the ridiculous stories they've recently reported that spring to mind "Dakota North is getting an ABC TV Show, Red Wolf is in development, Kazar and the Savage Land are in development, etc.  They have really hurt their brand.  I used to really this show.  I was always a little suspicious because they do youtube auctions and raffles but that's their decision.  Anyway, I think there information is suspect.  I hope I'm wrong.  

Are you saying this "news" proved not to be true?

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-deal-7-movies-avengers

Update: Additional details include that the plan is to replace Peter Parker in the comics with a new Spider-Man until things get worked out.

https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-venom-canceled-marvel-comics

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,140 posts
1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

The youtube show "Lords of the Longbox" is "reporting" that HBO Max is doing a Green Langern Corp. TV show starring Kyle Rayner.  This "rumor" gets picked up by cosmicbooknews and bounding into comics and all of a sudden its a real "news" story with multiple "reliable" sources reporting on it.  Now people cry about pump and dump and spreading false rumors all the time, but this is RIDICULOUS.  This show has the worst track record for reporting old news, old rumors and mixxing in utter nonsense that no one is reporting about and asserting that they have a tipster.  I can't tell if it is malicious or ignorance, but it BAD.  Some of the ridiculous stories they've recently reported that spring to mind "Dakota North is getting an ABC TV Show, Red Wolf is in development, Kazar and the Savage Land are in development, etc.  They have really hurt their brand.  I used to really this show.  I was always a little suspicious because they do youtube auctions and raffles but that's their decision.  Anyway, I think there information is suspect.  I hope I'm wrong.  

LOTLB and Gang always preface with Rumors are......  and there is Speculation that........  They have a Good Track record and are Reliable and entertaining.  If you are choosing to Buy and Sell books based upon Youtube Channels not run by official sources then that is on the Buyer and Seller.  I know the Phrase... "Buy on the Rumor ..Sell on the Trailer"  but before ya pull the trigger just check.  But They have been accurate as well.   and Cosmic book news is anyway.. They are the Chicken little of Fanboy sites.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302 posts
1 hour ago, Nico Esq said:

The youtube show "Lords of the Longbox" is "reporting" that HBO Max is doing a Green Langern Corp. TV show starring Kyle Rayner.  This "rumor" gets picked up by cosmicbooknews and bounding into comics and all of a sudden its a real "news" story with multiple "reliable" sources reporting on it.  Now people cry about pump and dump and spreading false rumors all the time, but this is RIDICULOUS.  This show has the worst track record for reporting old news, old rumors and mixxing in utter nonsense that no one is reporting about and asserting that they have a tipster.  I can't tell if it is malicious or ignorance, but it BAD.  Some of the ridiculous stories they've recently reported that spring to mind "Dakota North is getting an ABC TV Show, Red Wolf is in development, Kazar and the Savage Land are in development, etc.  They have really hurt their brand.  I used to really this show.  I was always a little suspicious because they do youtube auctions and raffles but that's their decision.  Anyway, I think there information is suspect.  I hope I'm wrong.  

LOTLB and CosmicBookNew were always false news & click-bait sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,099 posts
53 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

LOTLB and Gang always preface with Rumors are......  and there is Speculation that........  They have a Good Track record and are Reliable and entertaining.  If you are choosing to Buy and Sell books based upon Youtube Channels not run by official sources then that is on the Buyer and Seller.  I know the Phrase... "Buy on the Rumor ..Sell on the Trailer"  but before ya pull the trigger just check.  But They have been accurate as well.   and Cosmic book news is anyway.. They are the Chicken little of Fanboy sites.   

Are you the Jaybee that is a guest on the Lords of the Longbox's channel?  What's it called?  Comiccorps?  I think I've watched your show.  

Also, Nick, from Key Collector reached out to an executive at HBO and the executive indicated that to his knowledge the information that was shared by Lords of the Longbox is "untrue." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,926 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jaydee said:

LOTLB and Gang always preface with Rumors are......  and there is Speculation that........  They have a Good Track record and are Reliable and entertaining.  If you are choosing to Buy and Sell books based upon Youtube Channels not run by official sources then that is on the Buyer and Seller.  I know the Phrase... "Buy on the Rumor ..Sell on the Trailer"  but before ya pull the trigger just check.  But They have been accurate as well.   and Cosmic book news is anyway.. They are the Chicken little of Fanboy sites.   

On reporting media news? I can't think of one that has been right since they have been using their "inside tipster".

Edited by ygogolak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,140 posts
35 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

Are you the Jaybee that is a guest on the Lords of the Longbox's channel?  What's it called?  Comiccorps?  I think I've watched your show.  

Also, Nick, from Key Collector reached out to an executive at HBO and the executive indicated that to his knowledge the information that was shared by Lords of the Longbox is "untrue." 

Yes Nico I am Jay Dee Comics... I host Golden Guys on Tuesdays and Unlimited on Wednesdays  for Comiccorps (Some Spec talk there).  I have had Lords on a few shows.  I haven't been on LOTLB  my Spec game is pretty subpar/  Pretty much reading @fastballspecial recaps and some of those top 10/20 pages is all I have.  I did a show on Second best options (ie 180 vs 181 for value)  and On the new Phase (marvel) Avengers 195 vs 196, 47 vs 48, vs MSH 16 (Origin).  That is a segment on undervalued speculation or stories.  On Fridays I am Drunk by the time I get on the air.  I have the HUNT on Tony Sanders SHow (I am the Ric Flair Guy).  LOTLB has been around a while.  It is entertaining and the Guys are Solid Collectors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
113 113