Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
113 113

50,525 posts in this topic

40,134 posts
16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

What are you doing in here? Stirring the pot?

Well, it is a pretty weak cover. :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,668 posts
15 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Going through my inventory and deciding what to sell or hold. I don't collect modern books but picked some keys up in a collection recently. What do you guys think of The Boys 1, Immortal Hulk 1, and Immortal Hulk 2? Time to sell now or are they good long term holds? 

Is it thought that Dr. Frye should appear again? Everywhere I see #2 listed as first Dr. Frye but I read the story like a one-off. If not, sell now. But is it ever just one appearance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,079 posts
15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

For as hard as they are to find I don't see Marvel's Vampire variants from years ago
selling that well. I tried to make a set for awhile and gave up just I think much harder
then the circulation numbers suggest.

It’s going to be very interesting as the years go forward to see which, if any, of the themed monthly variants or B covers get any love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,720 posts
On 9/14/2019 at 8:29 AM, fastballspecial said:

I am slowing down on my new issue and variant purchases. The market seems oversaturated
in that area and the arguments and speculation from those collectors give me a headache.

Good move. While current retail books sell at shows, it is one of those sell the first week/month or be stuck with them type of market now. Maybe we are in the waning stages of the current spec bubble, just like 1993/94 was way back when.

That being said, Artgerm cover B variants still sell well at 2-3x cover, and there is a decent market for JSC exclusive covers - some of the early ones are tough to find now.

Edited by kimik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,707 posts
On 9/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, divad said:

Not in the condition I collect. :baiting:

Dollar boxes have the 8.0 err raw 10.0 thors you sell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40,134 posts

Such a child . . . :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,742 posts
3 hours ago, cbaileypacker said:

:whistle:  🍻

65DC130E-B5B3-4D66-A813-ADBF322D0A17.thumb.jpeg.8166aa7fb42f2a11be651dd42cfbcd47.jpeg

Cbailey you’re a monster!!!

it was due to you that I had bought 5 copies back when they were 5-10$ a pop. Luckily I got one graded this week (finally) 

 

6774CCD8-E124-4E61-8A3C-AFD93CC20B5C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,974 posts

Yet still no explanation  for why the book is selling so high. 
I get its hard to find, but what news has it so high or just rampant speculation?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,429 posts
2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yet still no explanation  for why the book is selling so high. 
I get its hard to find, but what news has it so high or just rampant speculation?

 

I myself assume it was the image used by someone (Feige or a Russo?) saying "this is what the New Avengers should look like" with Adam front and center with rampant spec following from there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,914 posts

MARKET REPORT ( 1st Prints - Raw )

Doing VERY well with this one — picking up steam on every buy / sell, with 30+ bids on just about all $1 start / No Reserve Auctions ..... and with 9.6 / 9.8 Raw Copies (my thing) selling at around $125  —- IMHO, there should be LOTS of room for sustained growth and demand - ALL 1st Print versions of UF4 ( raw, bagged, and 1:25 Variant ) appear to be presently undervalued, and are good as Gold every time I touch one lately ..... even though I almost always buy raw, seriously considering getting a $3k CCG 9.8 1:25 Variant ... if I’m dropping $3,000 on a Modern ... that’s going to be the one!

28FB5172-8E5F-488D-94B6-B2A0AD2F7830.jpeg

Edited by showcase4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,668 posts
9 hours ago, showcase4 said:

MARKET REPORT

Doing VERY well with this one — picking up steam on every buy / sell, with 30+ bids on just about all $1 start / No Reserve Auctions ..... and with 9.6 / 9.8 Raw Copies (my thing) selling at around $125  —- IMHO, there should be LOTS of room for sustained growth and demand - ALL 1st Print versions of UF4 ( raw, bagged, and 1:25 Variant ) appear to be presently undervalued, and are good as Gold every time I touch one lately ..... even though I almost always buy raw, seriously considering getting a $3k CCG 9.8 1:25 Variant ... if I’m dropping $3,000 on a Modern ... that’s going to be the one!

28FB5172-8E5F-488D-94B6-B2A0AD2F7830.jpeg

You must be getting good deals on them someplace...this book hasn't been undervalued in my area for some time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504 posts

The last time I saw a decent price for one locally, was about three years ago and a local store had a raw VF copy for $30. I don’t see them for under $80 around here ever anymore. I remember getting a bagged one in 2014 for cover and the guy at the store said “  you know this isn’t ever going to be worth anything right? They made so many of them.” I was just like okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,463 posts
49 minutes ago, BishopT said:

The last time I saw a decent price for one locally, was about three years ago and a local store had a raw VF copy for $30. I don’t see them for under $80 around here ever anymore. I remember getting a bagged one in 2014 for cover and the guy at the store said “  you know this isn’t ever going to be worth anything right? They made so many of them.” I was just like okay.

Comichron reports the print run at around 74,000 -- seems like a fairly low print run to me, given the popularity and the push behind the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,974 posts

Until it gets some more media attention its a $100 book raw basically and $120ish on Amazon because well you know its Amazon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55,990 posts
3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Comichron reports the print run at around 74,000 -- seems like a fairly low print run to me, given the popularity and the push behind the character.

Comichron reports north american sales, not print runs, which are industry secrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,932 posts

Blue Marvel has been involved in ongoing rumors to be brought into the MCU. He was included with others like America Chavez earlier this year. She is rumored to have a show coming but it has not been reported by any reliable news source yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302 posts
10 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Comichron reports the print run at around 74,000 -- seems like a fairly low print run to me, given the popularity and the push behind the character.

Those are Order Numbers, not Sales. The print run was much more than 74k; the reason you see this book in 5 Below packs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,359 posts

They do print off of the final order number, they have a system! it is not a shot in the dark system. No one can claim x amount was printed, but It can definitely be speculated on.

Edited by paul747

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
113 113