• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2019 at 1:36 PM, showcase4 said:

..... and  I look forward to receiving it  ( I am your buyer ) (thumbsu

Oh wow, I hadn't come back here for a bit so I never saw this post.  I see you left positive feedback so I assume all was good and the book arrived unscathed?  Thanks

18 minutes ago, comicshark said:

Is there any way to find out?

No. Nobody with that information is likely to share it with you (or anyone else).

But you could claim you have special connections who told you, claim what they told you is exactly what you were saying before you made that connection, and definitely refuse to provide any proof whatsoever. Of course, nobody here would ever think of doing that, right?

15 minutes ago, kimik said:

Looks like New Teen Titans Annual #2 could be movin on up if this is true:

https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09/30/idris-elba-vigilante-james-gunn-suicide-squad/

When I first started collecting in the mid-‘80s, I thought Vigilante’s costume was the coolest thing I’d ever seen. Now, it’s hilariously bad. I wonder how much of it they’ll incorporate into the film. 

Related question: Is there any precedence for a comic with a first appearance not increase in value much of the movie version if the character is dramatically different, either due to casting or costuming? For instance, if the SS Vigilante is similar in name only, would collectors still gobble up every issue on eBay

Edited by alexanderjk

Isn't vigilante in green arrow? I know, not idiris. Played by a nobody like most DC tv baddies. Marvel gets award winners for those roles -- Sigourney, dinofrio, Ali, what's her name, David tenet... Dc, not so much.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I hated the art on it but liked the story.

Completely agree; I should have said that. The painted look was too murky and hard to follow. Had it been line-drawn by a good penciled/inker duo, it may have not gone under the radar. It made the action hard to follow. But David did tell a great story. His Hawkeye was the best execution of that character I had seen in a long time, maybe ever.