• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

That ceased to work. Try flipper tools

It "worked" for me a few days ago as it listed the "make offer" sale price. Granted, whether that price was correct is another matter.

5 hours ago, I like pie said:

They made a fix a few weeks ago and added something like, "check true price". Have you found it hasn't been working lately?

That is what I noted at some point. However, whether the listed sale price has been/is accurate is another matter. Still, I have and continue to use it as a barometer but I will also try FlipperTools.

On 10/8/2019 at 2:06 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

FYI those look to be Best Offers, which means that they most likely did not sell for those green asking prices. One might as well just guess what the actual price was, unless there's a way to find that out.

I usually sort the results by highest price to lowest price, then you can see the range where they settle. (theoretically) :shy: 

17 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I usually sort the results by highest price to lowest price, then you can see the range where they settle. (theoretically) :shy: 

Then you are getting results from 3 months ago vs. yesterday which is largely irrelevant in this day and age. Especially with Moderns.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

Then you are getting results from 3 months ago vs. yesterday which is largely irrelevant in this day and age. Especially with Moderns.

Oh yeah? If I go to sold listings, it doesn't show me sales from yesterday?

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Yes, it does. What does that have to do with your original response and my response to that?

27 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

30 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Yes, it does. What does that have to do with your original response and my response to that?

Okay, maybe I'm confused here.  Someone was asking how to tell how much "best offers" really sell for. 

I suggested to do the search, go to sold listings, organize by highest price to lowest, and then you'll see approximately where the best offers fall into.

Then you said the results will be from 3 months ago and not from yesterday.

Then I asked you "doesn't it show sales from yesterday?"

Then you said yes, it does show sales from yesterday.

...edit: okay, I just checked eBay sold listings so I could screenshot it and post here, but it looks like things are done differently now.  You used to be able to sort prices highest to lowest and see the price range of where Best Offers fell into.  Not anymore.  Sorry if this is very old news, I just assumed that this was still an easy trick to get the actual best offer accepted's price range. :foryou:

It looks like "Flipper Tools" is a decent tool, indeed. 

Spawn 300 asking $499 or best offer.

8 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Okay, maybe I'm confused here.  Someone was asking how to tell how much "best offers" really sell for. 

I suggested to do the search, go to sold listings, organize by highest price to lowest, and then you'll see approximately where the best offers fall into.

...edit: okay, I just checked eBay sold listings so I could screenshot it and post here, but it looks like things are done differently now.  You used to be able to sort prices highest to lowest and see the price range of where Best Offers fell into.  Not anymore.  Sorry if this is very old news, I just assumed that this was still an easy trick to get the actual best offer accepted's price range. :foryou:

:facepalm:

I even quoted everything you said that had nothing to do with best offers..

17 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Spawn 300 asking $499 or best offer.

Are these worth picking up?

I’ve been eyeing the 25th anniversary THX retailer Spawn as well as these.

i wouldn’t pay 500 though.

2 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Are these worth picking up?

I’ve been eyeing the 25th anniversary THX retailer Spawn as well as these.

i wouldn’t pay 500 though.

I wouldn't buy them. Pick them up if you have an immediate buyer for them, though.

2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I wouldn't buy them. Pick them up if you have an immediate buyer for them, though.

Thanks

I know print run is low 1500 silver 500 gold but they seem so readily available which made me question why there so expensive.

Though the THX variant is a give away and kinda reminds me of what they did with Spider-Man 1 Platinum and that really has my attention since that platinum is always in demand.

4 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Thanks

I know print run is low 1500 silver 500 gold but they seem so readily available which made me question why there so expensive.

Though the THX variant is a give away and kinda reminds me of what they did with Spider-Man 1 Platinum and that really has my attention since that platinum is always in demand.

You should, however, get another opinion from the boys that are more active in the current books than I am. 2c