• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, showcase4 said:

This is My REAL last post.... which makes the one before this the “practice” last post before my initial “claimed” 1st last post.  :flamed:

Regardless of whether this copy of a top variant is priced to high, don’t you ( all of you ) find that the multi-thousand $$ top 10 Variants ( including / even especially this one ) are almost ‘too big to fail?’

do you believe / think / see that as price goes up, risk of market collapse goes down??? 
ps- this Spidey is not mine (Wish it was! ) - just Posted as an example

BF16EE4A-57B7-47EB-AD9C-A8EE3CC637A0.png

You have to have people who are willing to spend that money 5 to 10 years down the road. Short term yes there are suckers every day 
for those books. Long term is where it gets fuzzy.

Speculation websites will have you believe they are long term. I am not convinced yet. But again its scarcity and demand that rule
the day. 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

With that said they usually have liquidity beyond the regular issues, but it could be in the $3 range. Still, better than 25 cents.

True for the most part, but this modern variant economy is built basically upon 2 things I think.
Scarcity and Artist covers. The first is over. Any good FB group will tell you there is too much competition
now for those books. Out and out wars between FB, Spec sites, Apps and You Tube Chats on who steals whose picks
weekly.

The Cover B art covers which some are really nice have created a small niche that speculators have taken advantage.
Artist love it because they can do 5 to 10 of them a month compared to one or two books and make more cash. Many 
are buying the book not to read, but to appreciate the art on the cover. Nothing wrong with that. 

As you see from the dollar box thread I just struck gold on some variants purchased on the cheap. Granted 5-8 years ago. But if they made it into my lcs 3 for $2 box he would have had them on the rack for $10 or less before he gave up on them. He would have held out for more on more expensive ones.

34 minutes ago, divad said:

No.

Gaga-Gaxko-Gobbledygook (something like that ) said you are one the smartest people here. Although disappointing, I have faith in your wisdom / answer to my question ... 👳🏽‍♀️

Edited by showcase4

1 hour ago, showcase4 said:

Gaga-Gaxko-Gobbledygook (something like that ) said you are one the smartest people here. Although disappointing, I have faith in your wisdom / answer to my question ... 👳🏽‍♀️

jaydog, of course, will have exactly the opposite opinion :grin: 

and then he and RMA will argue the point over 3 or 4 pages . . . :pullhair:

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

You have to have people who are willing to spend that money 5 to 10 years down the road. Short term yes there are suckers every day 
for those books. Long term is where it gets fuzzy.

Speculation websites will have you believe they are long term. I am not convinced yet. But again its scarcity and demand that rule
the day. 

That book was selling for $1,000 in 2012. Speculation sites have no relevance to books like that.

16 hours ago, showcase4 said:

:insane:

(It was tongue-in-cheek)

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

True for the most part, but this modern variant economy is built basically upon 2 things I think.
Scarcity and Artist covers.

Wrong. It’s hype and shilling 

Well I wouldn't argue that's its large part as well.