• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, showcase4 said:

this issue does less than nothing for me ... especially at $900+.  “Tribute” book ???  VS. a 1st appearance or Origin .... I personally would pass at $100, much less $900. Supply and demand — on this one, my concern would be long term demand..,,( long term meaning next month ) 2c

8C8F065C-E995-4512-8FD4-DB3B1C264350.jpeg

I wouldn't mind having one but will certainly wait 3-6 months, as my first concern and question is, "how rare is it really"? With 40 copies on Ebay in open and closed listings in just a couple weeks, and that is not including the many copies that are undoubtedly being fast tracked through CGC, my initial thought is "not very". As it stands there are already more than or nearly as many of these raw on Ebay alone as we speak than there are variants that are proven rare (like UXM 510 sketch, BP 1 sketch and ASM 667) graded on the census after 8+ years.  

-J.

With what if 10’s and Thor 1,s going down...

Multiple sales daily and good deals to be had.

Sure not as good as buying those issues in 2016 in dollar boxes but still growth to be made at 25.00 a pop in high grade and 1:50 ratios if you can get them for under 50.00 bucks.

Picked up a 1:50 Ribic and a NYCC Adams cover this weekend myself.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

What If 10 from my view doesn't seem to be dropping much. My last con I went to
it was the only book I heard asked about more then twice. 

I can see Thor 1 and Thor 25 going down due to supply and demand. $20-30 raw currently.
I do see some Thor 1s around $15 too.

I have GPA currently so I cant look at slabs but on ebay, but the raw market for What If still looks
pretty strong currently.

I like the Ribic variant. Adams will do well short term unsure about long term.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

What If 10 from my view doesn't seem to be dropping much. My last con I went to
it was the only book I heard asked about more then twice. 

I can see Thor 1 and Thor 25 going down due to supply and demand. $20-30 raw currently.
I do see some Thor 1s around $15 too.

I have GPA currently so I cant look at slabs but on ebay, but the raw market for What If still looks
pretty strong currently.

I like the Ribic variant. Adams will do well short term unsure about long term.

Yea I’m seeing the current “what if’s” are not the condition being advertised as raw...I was looking at some VF for 70 or so that are actually beaters for a bronze.

What I like about the Adams variant is it is a 1st print and not littered with NYCC ads and though I do not know the numbers it comes up less than the 1:50 variants so certainly not a common book...plus it’s Art Adams.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

On 10/26/2019 at 3:31 PM, showcase4 said:

Thanks for the info FlyingDonut! You sold 25 individual copies of this one? 

489ECF24-075E-427B-8171-D5966A3B08C0.jpeg

Yes. Store back stock. Also got a bunch 9.8 graded.

34 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Yes. Store back stock. Also got a bunch 9.8 graded.

Did good on that one!

Surprised you still had back stock.

Ive looked for these over the  past 2 years or so and very rarely if ever found any.

Midtown, Fantastic Time Machine, various shops in NYC area.

Books you don’t find in the wild round these parts!

Edited by Shoomanfoo

11 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Did good on that one!

Surprised you still had back stock.

Ive looked for these over the  past 2 years or so and very rarely if ever found any.

Midtown, Fantastic Time Machine, various shops in NYC area.

Books you don’t find in the wild round these parts!

Have you looked around the eBay parts? ;)

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Have you looked around the eBay parts? ;)

Yes I purchased a Raw Ribic variant and a Adams NYCC just this weekend on eBay both under 50 each.

I think in general anything on the Bay is already at a premium and getting hard to find real deals.

I just think they have always been harder to find in the wild because of the demographic of NYC. 

Progressive type stuff flies off the shelves and back bins here so Jane Thor was an instant hit when it released around here.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

3 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Yes I purchased a Raw Ribic variant and a Adams NYCC just this weekend on eBay both under 50 each.

I think in general anything on the Bay is already at a premium and getting hard to find real deals.

I just think they have always been harder to find in the wild because of the demographic of NYC. 

Progressive type stuff flies off the shelves and back bins here so Jane Thor was an instant hit when it released around here.

Before it’s current bump I saw so many Thor #1s 1st print going below 5$ on the bay in multiple listings my eyes bled. 
There are many current modern books that died and they too would not be available at LCS/cons. But on the bay they will surface a lot more frequently 

40 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Before it’s current bump I saw so many Thor #1s 1st print going below 5$ on the bay in multiple listings my eyes bled. 
There are many current modern books that died and they too would not be available at LCS/cons. But on the bay they will surface a lot more frequently 

Yea I’m learning how to find an eye for such books and stock up in hopes of making a buck.

Though it’s still fun to spend a “almost” premium and get a rising book for a good deal!

This is what makes the whole machine run.

The speculators, collector, investor and everyone in-between.

Even the occasional huckster and pumper!

Edited by Shoomanfoo

On 10/26/2019 at 1:15 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Moderns sold off the wall in Baltimore. All unopened 9.6/9.8 (raw) back stock. All the 9.8s in my sales thread came from these books.

Thor 705 variant $50

A note that Brian K. Vaughn and Jim Lee were both there signing books - the Sagas all went to the same buyer looking to get a run signed.

Donut was this the Artgerm Variant or one of the 1:50 types? 

Here's the Artgerm....

f167357.jpg

Dead Man Logan #11

1st Danielle Cage as Thor (is a Cameo 3 pages?)

Dead Man Logan #12 1st Full Dani Cage as Thor.

Midtown sold out - cleared out every LCS in Melbourne yesterday and today - 5 x #11, 30 x #12.

Sold 1 x #11 yesterday for $30.

4 hours ago, Beige said:

Dead Man Logan #11

1st Danielle Cage as Thor (is a Cameo 3 pages?)

Dead Man Logan #12 1st Full Dani Cage as Thor.

Midtown sold out - cleared out every LCS in Melbourne yesterday and today - 5 x #11, 30 x #12.

Sold 1 x #11 yesterday for $30.

Then you my friend hit the lotto because the whole run up to 12 can be had for just a few rupees more.

B7615EBA-A49F-4DE2-AD45-F8C89B209E72.png