• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

Yes divad 

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:
2 minutes ago, divad said:

Is this the coloring book? hm

Yes divad 

I thought we disposed of this argument years ago. Not only is it not a comic book, but the production date is not fixed to one date and highly questionable based on an alleged copyright date.

Nothing that hasn't been noted previously, but thanks to all those who contribute here (thumbsu  :bigsmile: 

Looks like Batman #89 is getting the Teen Titans #12 treatment by the market. Talking to my file LCS owner last night, it sounds like even DC was surprised by the demand for the book. 1st appearance = $$$$ the first week in today's market.

59 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

After just reading it, Batman 89 is definitely just a cameo.  The first full appearance has yet to happen.  

Hell Arisen 3 will be the full appearance.  The catch is, when DC started really pimping the books, Batman 89 had passed FOC and Hell Arisen hadn't.   The supply mismatch may create a situation where a one panel cameo fetches higher prices than the first full. 2c

Give it a week and let's see. Neither of these books were missed. One print will be lower then the other. One isn't a core title. So after mail orders come in next week then we will see where the price will land if I was buying it would be Tues or wed next week

The price will fall some by then as massive mail orders come in I think at least for a bit.

23 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Give it a week and let's see. Neither of these books were missed. One print will be lower then the other. One isn't a core title. So after mail orders come in next week then we will see where the price will land if I was buying it would be Tues or wed next week

The price will fall some by then as massive mail orders come in I think at least for a bit.

mail orders and all the shops claiming "damage" to their copies so they can get more.  

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Looks like Batman #89 is getting the Teen Titans #12  Superman Adventures #5 treatment by the market. Talking to my file LCS owner last night, it sounds like even DC was surprised by the demand for the book. 1st appearance = $$$$ the first week in today's market.

fixed

5 hours ago, 500Club said:

Hell Arisen 3 will be the full appearance.  The catch is, when DC started really pimping the books, Batman 89 had passed FOC and Hell Arisen hadn't.   The supply mismatch may create a situation where a one panel cameo fetches higher prices than the first full. 2c

wrong foc had passed on hell arisen 3 also. DC increase the overprint on it but hasnt said by how much

Ya a LCS near me as well said they were out, in a Facebook live video

20 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

20200219_170246.jpg

They also added that, they didn't hear of news soon enough to order heavily on it. Take that with a grain of salt...

I can remember one of the main LCSs in town during the early to mid 90s bubble used to put hot new books in bags and boards at $10 - $20 on the day of release. File customers paid cover less the discount, but everyone else paid the inflated price. I wonder how many LCSs that are sold out on day one have copies up on eBay? I know of one store locally that used to do that under the previous owner. 

4 hours ago, williamblood said:
9 hours ago, 500Club said:

wrong foc had passed on hell arisen 3 also. DC increase the overprint on it but hasnt said by how much

I stand corrected.  Tough to say then, with the overprint unknown

22 hours ago, 500Club said:

16 hours ago, williamblood said:

12 hours ago, 500Club said:

I stand corrected.  Tough to say then, with the overprint unknown

James Tynion announced it in his blog on Jan. 19. A week before FOC of Batman #89 and two before Hell Arisen. If you purchased either or both you would be doing fine right now.

https://jamestynioniv.substack.com/p/8-here-comes-the-punchline