• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, whetteon said:

With RockMyAmadeus talking up a storm about his Maxx prototypes, I guess a sale like this was bound to happen.  Darker Image #1 Gold Variant in 9.8 sold for $200.  Not sure if that means "heating up" but it was an interesting sale and I see the correlations to all the buzz around here..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Darker-Image-1-CGC-9-8-Gold-Foil-RARE-1st-Maxx-Deathblow-and-Bloodwulf-/202908509417?nma=true&si=0W40YPdFtYSlk%2FkjKUxHf8ieVY4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I used to see the Platinum/Silver from time to time, but I never saw a gold. 

6 hours ago, whetteon said:

With RockMyAmadeus talking up a storm about his Maxx prototypes, I guess a sale like this was bound to happen.  Darker Image #1 Gold Variant in 9.8 sold for $200.  Not sure if that means "heating up" but it was an interesting sale and I see the correlations to all the buzz around here..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Darker-Image-1-CGC-9-8-Gold-Foil-RARE-1st-Maxx-Deathblow-and-Bloodwulf-/202908509417?nma=true&si=0W40YPdFtYSlk%2FkjKUxHf8ieVY4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Forgive me but aren’t you the creator of Lyria Comic Exchange? I remember your username from CPG.com. Or maybe I’m mistaken. 

On 2/24/2020 at 6:30 AM, Second Blight said:

Not an assumption. Hard cold fact. It's definitely being shilled.

The seller even has ANOTHER listing for 9.8s as a BIN....FOR LESS !  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Year-Of-The-Villain-Hell-Arisen-3-CGC-9-8-Cover-A-1st-Full-Punchline-FAST-PASS/193342648020?hash=item2d041eaed4:g:wZIAAOSwUrZeSEH2

Stay away from this seller.

Never did understand how folks go for the higher priced book when others are available for less.

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy multiple copies of Batman 89 and Hell Arisen 3 for $20 each? My LCS has 6-8 more 89's and 8-10 Hell Arisen 3's. He's offered them to me for $20 each and I picked up 2 Bats and 3 HA3 from him. I hate selling online but have 10 shows in the next 12 weeks so I have ample opportunity to turn them. Is this a no-brainer and I'm just over thinking it?

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy multiple copies of Batman 89 and Hell Arisen 3 for $20 each? My LCS has 6-8 more 89's and 8-10 Hell Arisen 3's. He's offered them to me for $20 each and I picked up 2 Bats and 3 HA3 from him. I hate selling online but have 10 shows in the next 12 weeks so I have ample opportunity to turn them. Is this a no-brainer and I'm just over thinking it?

Sounds like a no brainer for immediate sale at your upcoming shows.

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

No brainer.  flip them

4 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Well YOTVHA 3 is selling for about $40 to $50 so yeah make a quick profit & move on! 

21 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Why would you do that when you could just put the money into He-man/She-Ra promos and baseball cards? Priorities, bruh. 

On 2/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, paul747 said:

whats the estimated orders of this book?

good question, I don't know

But what I do know is that not many were ordered of YOTVHA 1 & 2 & sales were dismal so orders of 3 were way down! 

I wonder what DC's thought was on this? Choose such a random book for a !st appearance? They should have given retailers a heads up....

1 hour ago, comics4all said:

good question, I don't know

But what I do know is that not many were ordered of YOTVHA 1 & 2 & sales were dismal so orders of 3 were way down! 

I wonder what DC's thought was on this? Choose such a random book for a !st appearance? They should have given retailers a heads up....

They apparently overprinted it and did give retailers a heads up to grab them via back orders.

Edited by kimik