• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, comics4all said:

good question, I don't know

But what I do know is that not many were ordered of YOTVHA 1 & 2 & sales were dismal so orders of 3 were way down! 

I wonder what DC's thought was on this? Choose such a random book for a !st appearance? They should have given retailers a heads up....

It's not random. It leads into Joker War. And, as Kimik stated, they did let retailers know as did the writer.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:13 PM, ygogolak said:

Ever been to a live auction and see what people pay for things?

Sure haven’t. Difference is though at live auctions there’s usually just one of each item for sale (Might be wrong though since I’ve not been). Ebays loaded with options.

27 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Sure haven’t. Difference is though at live auctions there’s usually just one of each item for sale (Might be wrong though since I’ve not been). Ebays loaded with options.

That's true. My point was that people get caught up in bidding and don't pay attention to other items.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

It's not random. It leads into Joker War. And, as Kimik stated, they did let retailers know as did the writer.

True but if Retailers were ignoring that info and simply basing their orders for YOTV:HA #3 on the numbers sold of #1 & #2 here is my question to Retailers: Who cares no one ordered #1 & #2???? #3 is THE ISSUE to order. First appearance! Hello!!!!!! There should have been a instant sell out at the Diamond level. This is not the time to complain about few subscribers for the title.  #3 has the Motts. Forget #1 & #2. People probably will go back and get #1 & #2 if they are able to get #3. Sheesh!

Ok, to get back on track here are some Moderns that are selling well:

Batman #89 & #90(including variants)

Batman Beyond #36,#37 & #40

Lois Lane #8

Year of the Villain Hell Arisen  #3 (including Variant)

Hulk(2008) #1 (including Variants)

Hulk (2008) #14 2nd printing had a $40 sale recently

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5,#10,#11

Thor #2 (Cates)

X-men(1991) #4

Bang! #1 especially the 2nd printing

Ice Cream Man #1(Including the Variant. Closing around $70 lately)

Feel free to add to the list.

Is there any heat re: Strange Academy #1 that dropped today? There should be new characters introduced in that book, so it should jump to the $50-$100 range in minutes in this market............

Edited by kimik

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Is there any heat re: Strange Academy #1 that dropped today? There should be new characters introduced in that book, so it should jump to the $50-$100 range in minutes in this market............

cause I dont think a lot of people care that much but its def underrated

7 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Ok, to get back on track here are some Moderns that are selling well:

Batman #89 & #90(including variants)

Batman Beyond #36,#37 & #40

Lois Lane #8

Year of the Villain Hell Arisen  #3 (including Variant)

Hulk(2008) #1 (including Variants)

Hulk (2008) #14 2nd printing had a $40 sale recently

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5,#10,#11

Thor #2 (Cates)

X-men(1991) #4

Bang! #1 especially the 2nd printing

Ice Cream Man #1(Including the Variant. Closing around $70 lately)

Feel free to add to the list.

Is Bang #1 referring to the new Dark Horse book? 

If so, why hot? 

I'm a huge Kindt fan, but this one felt less Kindt-ish than his others. 

Patrick

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Is Bang #1 referring to the new Dark Horse book? 

If so, why hot? 

I'm a huge Kindt fan, but this one felt less Kindt-ish than his others. 

Patrick

Yes,the Dark Horse comic. I wouldn't say hot but heating up and for much the same reason any independent comics gets hot lately. A mention of being optioned. First prints can still be found on shelves so the prices haven't sky-rocketed. The 2nd print is harder to find.

10 hours ago, kimik said:

Seems to be ample supply for the demand. The ratio variants are selling well but nothing extreme. Peach Momoko variants appear to be the flavor of the month.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:08 PM, kairos70 said:

True but if Retailers were ignoring that info and simply basing their orders for YOTV:HA #3 on the numbers sold of #1 & #2 here is my question to Retailers: Who cares no one ordered #1 & #2???? #3 is THE ISSUE to order. First appearance! Hello!!!!!! There should have been a instant sell out at the Diamond level. This is not the time to complain about few subscribers for the title.  #3 has the Motts. Forget #1 & #2. People probably will go back and get #1 & #2 if they are able to get #3. Sheesh!

The only heat on this (at least in the UK) was the multitude of retailers pre-selling it at 7 - 8 x cover.

No-one was interested until they saw it at $20 the week before release. Then everyone had to have one to flip.

Do you really believe retailers order these books thinking "oh cool, I can take the risk, sell for cover & watch it get flipped for $20"

Do you think anyone will care about (I actually already can't remember her name) in 6 months time.

Clone #1 anyone, Outcast anyone etc etc etc

5 hours ago, TheSpud said:

The only heat on this (at least in the UK) was the multitude of retailers pre-selling it at 7 - 8 x cover.

No-one was interested until they saw it at $20 the week before release. Then everyone had to have one to flip.

Do you really believe retailers order these books thinking "oh cool, I can take the risk, sell for cover & watch it get flipped for $20"

Do you think anyone will care about (I actually already can't remember her name) in 6 months time.

Clone #1 anyone, Outcast anyone etc etc etc

Seasoned retailers would have known to bump their orders to some degree because it's a Batman related title. A more calculated risk was required. No one is going out of business from selling out even if it is at cover price. However, retailers aren't forced to sell hot items for cover price. Maybe to placate subscribers, yes,but to anyone else the price is whatever the market will bear. Nothing is stopping them from selling their items on Ebay or any other venue.

Eager to see what this does, see places already trying to presell for $45-50. I know my LCS ordered 500 copies of #92, mainly because Artgerm will be here in May and they are probably hoping people pick up his variant for signing. I'm keen to see how many they get and what price they sell at.

BYzWCkk.jpg

2 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Eager to see what this does, see places already trying to presell for $45-50. I know my LCS ordered 500 copies of #92, mainly because Artgerm will be here in May and they are probably hoping people pick up his variant for signing. I'm keen to see how many they get and what price they sell at.

I think now this is the FC.

stl158442.jpg.a0be13f4dab18e116e1ae08b56e4a6f3.jpg

4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

BYzWCkk.jpg

I reserved one for $24.99 at the FOC which ends on Monday. Shop owner said they'd be $44.99 after that.

LCS just put this up for order, they have a few of the 1:25 covers coming in but they are going for $50 which is way more than I'm willing to pay, $10 I would be happy to buy but not paying more than that.

19 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

BYzWCkk.jpg

What's so unprecedented about adding a variant? That's normal in today's comic market.....what a joke statement that is.