• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I totally agree. When was the last time the manufactured hype of a new character sustained? It just doesn't work that way and especially for a villain.

I've fallen victim to that approach on a few occasions but when you get burned a few times you usually learn your lesson.

3 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Because as it said DC doesn’t usually do ratio variants. 

Wow......and that makes it unprecedented huh.....:banana:

I'm pretty sure they've said that about other things in the past but once the all mighty dollar enter the equation......guess what...all bets are off.

12 hours ago, divad said:

THIS is what the hubbub is all about . . . puh-leeze :facepalm:

You've clearly forgotten how popular Jessica Simpson was...

Harley Quinn = Britney Spears

Spider-Gwen = Christina Aguilera

Punchline could be Jessica Simpson, and that's money, money, money!  Long term, buy Punchline, put your kids through college!  Just look at the value of all those original Jessica Simpson albums today - big dollars, no lose situation here! :banana:

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

This next month or two will be interesting. Online sales will increase while conventions either idle or have lower attendance
due to the corona virus. 

Im willing to bet that everything will slow down tremendously until theres a sign of hope... Even in this very board there are people that have restricted ordering books from highly infected areas

23 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Im willing to bet that everything will slow down tremendously until theres a sign of hope... Even in this very board there are people that have restricted ordering books from highly infected areas

Well I haven't seen it yet. Maybe you are right, but right now I would disagree. Convention volume has to go somewhere.

Edited by fastballspecial

The convention scheduled for this Sunday was cancelled late Thursday. Now I have a couple of larger buyers wanting to meet tomorrow afternoon to purchase books. The demand is definitely going to be there.

Edited by kimik

On 3/14/2020 at 8:44 PM, divad said:

I haven't sold anything since March 6 . . . hm

Now may not be the time to be selling high grades raw books.  Slabs seem to be selling fairly well so maybe now is the time to get those high grade gems graded?

I think brick and mortar shops without an online presence are going to suffer the worse and I’m sure some will go out of business. So support those shops if possible. I think people will be spending less on books because of the uncertainties and worries. Hopefully the government actually does something about both small businesses and people that maybe out of work or sick. I’m doubtful but it’d be nice. I know I’m spending a lot less for at least a few weeks. 

14 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I think brick and mortar shops without an online presence are going to suffer the worse and I’m sure some will go out of business. So support those shops if possible. I think people will be spending less on books because of the uncertainties and worries. Hopefully the government actually does something about both small businesses and people that maybe out of work or sick. I’m doubtful but it’d be nice. I know I’m spending a lot less for at least a few weeks. 

Your name sucks