• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Jim Lee said the print run was 200,000+ and now Diamond is holding all of the copies.

I just thought it was a good way to restart this thread lol

Just meant there was so much hype about all these new Batman characters and then the world happens... I kinda hope it’ll all pick up where we left off but we shall see. 

On 4/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, fastballspecial said:

Well hopefully some of your are benefitting from stimulus money.
There was a period time last week where I was making 2 trips to PO in one 
day. Its been a very good 2 weeks of sales.

The only question now is how long will it last.

It’s totally insane. I never thought in a million years I’d have so many sales. Amazon was slow till last week I assume because they prioritized sales of essential goods on their platform but it almost felt as if they “opened the gates” last week and I’ve been flooded with orders there as well. I’m at 300% my monthly average this month and with one more week to go at this pace I’m sure it’ll be 400. I’ve racked 1200$ from cash sales alone this month pretty much delivering comics just from fb/craigslist. About 7k off eBay mostly.... just stunning

38 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

It’s totally insane. I never thought in a million years I’d have so many sales. Amazon was slow till last week I assume because they prioritized sales of essential goods on their platform but it almost felt as if they “opened the gates” last week and I’ve been flooded with orders there as well. I’m at 300% my monthly average this month and with one more week to go at this pace I’m sure it’ll be 400. I’ve racked 1200$ from cash sales alone this month pretty much delivering comics just from fb/craigslist. About 7k off eBay mostly.... just stunning

The current epidemic has pushed the online market (for everything) ahead by at least 10yrs. Attitudes to shopping have changed irrevocably. 

As far as physical workers go, significantly less engaging in "face to face" and more behind the scenes preparing and packaging.

As long as conventions are cancelled online sales will do very well. There has been a definite pick up in April both on eBay and with online auction house prices. My March Clink auctions were hit and miss, but this month is doing very well with books hitting or setting new GPA highs. 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

I agree best sales month I have had in a very long time. No new books and shops not opened have helped as well as stimulus. All 3 have catapulted amazon and ebay sales. Along with my board sale this might be the best 2 months I have ever had as a comic seller in a long time.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree best sales month I have had in a very long time. No new books and shops not opened have helped as well as stimulus. All 3 have catapulted amazon and ebay sales. Along with my board sale this might be the best 2 months I have ever had as a comic seller in a long time.

Same here.

Despite leveraging into a new career and having a one year old at home, I've made huge strides disbursing and selling a collection of 10k comics I bought last year!  I'm not participating in any FB group buys or sells, but I see a ton of activity there as well.....

Edited by spreads