• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, spreads said:
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I agree best sales month I have had in a very long time. No new books and shops not opened have helped as well as stimulus. All 3 have catapulted amazon and ebay sales. Along with my board sale this might be the best 2 months I have ever had as a comic seller in a long time.

Same here.

Despite leveraging into a new career and having a one year old at home, I've made huge strides disbursing and selling a collection of 10k comics I bought last year!  I'm not participating in any FB group buys or sells, but I see a ton of activity there as well.....

Really those FB groups and this is just my opinion come down to prices. Some want ridiculous prices for books with no grades. 

Every once in awhile I found a seller who grades and prices well and I buy al ot from them. 

Really as a seller once you have your system down. You can really churn out the books with the market is right. I think this window
though is only going to be open for a few more weeks without the return of competition from Online shops and LCS. It was the perfect storm.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Really those FB groups and this is just my opinion come down to prices. Some want ridiculous prices for books with no grades. 

Every once in awhile I found a seller who grades and prices well and I buy al ot from them. 

Really as a seller once you have your system down. You can really churn out the books with the market is right. I think this window
though is only going to be open for a few more weeks without the return of competition from Online shops and LCS. It was the perfect storm.

Agreed.

I was a bit surprised when the CAD dropped a few weeks back to a multi-year low I didn't get more sales from foreign buyers (US buyers account for maybe 33% of my sales)….but if it drops down to 60 cents like some are predicting....BAMMO!  :banana:

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Agreed.

I was a bit surprised when the CAD dropped a few weeks back to a multi-year low I didn't get more sales from foreign buyers (US buyers account for maybe 33% of my sales)….but if it drops down to 60 cents like some are predicting....BAMMO!  :banana:

60 cents? That won’t happen. Yes a large part of our economy is tied to oil and gas but the Federal Government won’t allow it to drop that low. We import more than we export and with things looking gloomy for the next 6-12 months because of Covid, a 60 cent dollar would devastate the economy - even more than it is now.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, catch21 said:

Looks like the new king of the Modern age is Ultimate Fallout 4 variant. A 9.8 last sold Feb 9th  $2700.  One of the few rare books the price has risen after the movie released.

Two sold this month. One sold at $3000 the other most recent at $3500. This is real.

9 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

60 cents? That won’t happen. Yes a large part of our economy is tied to oil and gas but the Federal Government won’t allow it to drop that low. We import more than we export and with things looking gloomy for the next 6-12 months because of Covid, a 60 cent dollar would devastate the economy - even more than it is now.

But it's more affected by interest rate movement....I don't think it will go down that low, but if it gets around 65 cents great opportunity for CAD sellers!

20 hours ago, spreads said:

We should post a 'I never thought I'd sell this in a million years thread'.  lol  Most of my ebay sales are keys and in demand stuff, but I moved some items I thought would sit there forever.

20 hours ago, littledoom said:

start it

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/418051-modern-drek-thats-heating-up-on-ebay/?tab=comments#comment-9829297

I also like that alot of books I have sold this month are not hot speculative books per say but stories that people like to read as well or hard to find issues that people have been looking for. t's rather refreshing to be reminded why comic books are so liked. 

Edited by fastballspecial

Five DC books shipped this week - my LCS (which is shockingly not closed) emailed me and said they've gotten them:

• Batman Giant #4
  • Daphne Byrne #4
  • The Dreaming #20
  • Nightwing #70 2nd print
  • Batman #89 2nd Print

I figure for $25 this is an interesting speculative play. What happens if these books are not sent with a Diamond shipment in May/June? I'd have to believe that the amount of these five books (and whatever comes out in the next couple of weeks) printed will be really small. 

6 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Five DC books shipped this week - my LCS (which is shockingly not closed) emailed me and said they've gotten them:

• Batman Giant #4
  • Daphne Byrne #4
  • The Dreaming #20
  • Batman #89 2nd Print

I figure for $25 this is an interesting speculative play. What happens if these books are not sent with a Diamond shipment in May/June? I'd have to believe that the amount of these five books (and whatever comes out in the next couple of weeks) printed will be really small. 

I'm specing hard on these low print 2020 books during this pandemic.. I can see them being $20 books 5 years from now

6 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

• Batman Giant #4
  • Daphne Byrne #4
  • The Dreaming #20
  • Batman #89 2nd Print

You do realize that Diamond already has these books at their warehouse.....for the past month......

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

I'm specing hard on these low print 2020 books during this pandemic.. I can see them being $20 books 5 years from now

You definitely do not know what you're talking about. Low print ??? HA

Diamond already has these books in their warehouse for the past month. The copies that Lunar and UCS sent to shops are either from Diamond's warehouse or printed from the same location that the other copies came from.

In either case, these books are NOT low printed. Now, next months books are a different story.....

55 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

Now, next months books are a different story.....

Yeah next months books when they return to regular release is what I'm referring to.. stores aren't going to order that many copies.. so when releases come out I can imagine the first 3-4 weeks to be low print .. I can't imagine the regular subscribers flocking to buy those.. but they won't be key issues..

19 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

• Batman Giant #4
  • Daphne Byrne #4
  • The Dreaming #20
  • Batman #89 2nd Print

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-comics-arrive-in-stores-in-bubble-wrap/