• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, cbmitch said:

Miles  Morales keys are getting crazy lately...A lot of record breaking sales the last couple of weeks.  UF 4 variant - $3500, marvel previews 95 - $2100, UF 4 1st print - $600, UF 2nd print - $385.  Any speculation on why?  Is there news?

Millennials and snowflakes getting free money and having free time. 

11 hours ago, cbmitch said:

Miles  Morales keys are getting crazy lately...A lot of record breaking sales the last couple of weeks.  UF 4 variant - $3500, marvel previews 95 - $2100, UF 4 1st print - $600, UF 2nd print - $385.  Any speculation on why?  Is there news?

Prediction:  Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand is currently overlooked and very undervalued.  Possibly much rarer than UF #4 variant.

image.png.494e114fdfceff3cda683e7f906905b6.png

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 1:05 PM, ygogolak said:

3. No, I don't buy collections. Space cost money and collections are littered with comics that you can't even give away.

Seems like the issue is "how much" really. Granted, I have space. I probably wouldn't turn down a 25,000 book collection if I was, effectively, not paying for the junk.

47 minutes ago, the blob said:

Seems like the issue is "how much" really. Granted, I have space. I probably wouldn't turn down a 25,000 book collection if I was, effectively, not paying for the junk.

Correct, when I hear "collection" I'm thinking more than a few longs.

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Correct, when I hear "collection" I'm thinking more than a few longs.

If you don't have space to process it, you don't have space. You can do a decent run through 40 or 50 long boxes in a day to pull all the obvious winners and look up the books you think might be winners. You will miss a fair amount of obscure $ and "recently hot"... my problem would, no doubt, be casting too wide a net. before you know it I will have put to the side every 1980s decent book, every batman, Spider-Man, X-Men, wolverine, etc etc.

6 hours ago, valiantman said:

Prediction:  Ultimate Fallout #4 Newsstand is currently overlooked and very undervalued.  Possibly much rarer than UF #4 variant.

I think it’s not possibly rarer than the variant. It is much rarer than the ratio variant. Find a newsstand on eBay. Now find the ratio variant. Lots of the variants but not a single newsstand. There has been only one newsstand that’s popped up on eBay in the last year. There were a few graded 9.6’s that were put up previous and sold very quickly. 

Edited by Corona smith

18 hours ago, Myowncollector said:
18 hours ago, cbmitch said:

Millennials and snowflakes getting free money and having free time. 

I could care less what generation is buying them. This is the best sales month or two I have had in many years. 

24 minutes ago, Corona smith said:
7 hours ago, valiantman said:

I think it’s not possibly rarer than the variant. It is much rarer than the ratio variant. Find a newsstand on eBay. Now find the ratio variant. Lots of the variants but not a single newsstand. There has been only one newsstand that’s popped up on eBay in the last year. There were a few graded 9.6’s that were put up previous and sold very quickly. 

Edited 21 minutes ago by Corona smith

I found 3 at once several years ago and sold them $50 each thinking I was making a killing. doh!
I think with $5 Store Sale maybe it might be a little more hard to find then the variant. Its a
fair discussion point.

I remember when this polybagged comic came out .. I was very cautious to pick up only one because it was a gimmicky new character.. It might have been the first polybagged comic along with FF Death of Johnny Storm since Superman 75.. no bs ... I think that was on a Thursday or Friday I went to the shop (which has a big base) and there were maybe 20 copies left. the 2nd print is a good one to pick up also

54 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Meaningless.

30 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I remember when this polybagged comic came out .. I was very cautious to pick up only one because it was a gimmicky new character.. It might have been the first polybagged comic along with FF Death of Johnny Storm since Superman 75.. no bs ... I think that was on a Thursday or Friday I went to the shop (which has a big base) and there were maybe 20 copies left. the 2nd print is a good one to pick up also

There have been plenty of others, at least from DC. I blew them out cheap here, like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. $10 each or something. paid 25 cents each so I felt good.

51 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Meaningless.

How is that meaningless? The biggest online source of comics has no relevance?! It’s a fact you can’t dispute. Plenty of direct editions, first and second prints as well as dozens of the variants but not a single newsstand tells me it’s much harder to find. Prove otherwise. 

Edited by Corona smith

3 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

How is that meaningless? The biggest online source of comics has no relevance?! 

To the number of copies printed or extant? NO.

I love that you disagree with facts and you’re right somehow. All that matters is what’s available. You can find all the books easily except the newsstand. That  speaks to its relative rarity. You’re argument is we don’t know what’s out there. I’m saying if you want to find a copy you’d be hard pressed to find one. The others are all readily available. You want the variant graded 9.8. You got it. You want the newsstand good luck finding one. 

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I could care less what generation is buying them. This is the best sales month or two I have had in many years. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think the statement was intended to be negative. 

My nephew is a good example.  He and his friends could care less about the standard comic universe.  But he was chatting me up about Morales, new game, the movie was clearly a big factor, etc. 

I was quite surprised.  If you extrapolate interest with this younger generation, it makes sense why it's selling for more now. 

Patrick

4 hours ago, the blob said:

If you don't have space to process it, you don't have space. You can do a decent run through 40 or 50 long boxes in a day to pull all the obvious winners and look up the books you think might be winners. You will miss a fair amount of obscure $ and "recently hot"... my problem would, no doubt, be casting too wide a net. before you know it I will have put to the side every 1980s decent book, every batman, Spider-Man, X-Men, wolverine, etc etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-MIXED-PUBLISHERS-Silver-Bronze-Modern-Age-Comic-Book-Lot-225/392788843401?hash=item5b740a1b89%3Ag%3AFGoAAOSwrQ9esgx6&LH_Auction=1

I would try my best to find the space if possible.

38 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the statement was intended to be negative. 

My nephew is a good example.  He and his friends could care less about the standard comic universe.  But he was chatting me up about Morales, new game, the movie was clearly a big factor, etc. 

I was quite surprised.  If you extrapolate interest with this younger generation, it makes sense why it's selling for more now. 

Patrick

I just answered the question of why the price is going up. That goes for a lot of books. Older collectors that wanted miles bought it when it came out or prior to 2018 when it was a $20 book. Or $200 slabbed. They had the $ to buy it anytime. Now people who lived pay check to pay check or students got $ and are spending it. See all the social media, sites, YouTube. Hey I can make $ being a comic book speculator too. Or just want the book.