• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, spreads said:

You've mentioned that before and I wanted to see if May had been busy for you as April was?  For me it hasn't been, but I just sold a couple big slabs, one to a zero feedback buyer in Belgium that was told the book was a good investment.  No joke!  

The sales reduced to a trickle about a week ago.  It's been night and day compared to April.  I'd think the off switch was trigger when the free money ran out.

2 hours ago, Brock said:

I just sold a set of the original Fallen Angels miniseries (X-Fcator spin-off - and yes, sorry, it’s Copper), which seems to me like some kind of violation of the universe’s natural order.

Not a lot of Boom-Boom fans out there...

Stunning.

12 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-1s-Comic-Lot-500-Wall-Books-KEYS-Darker-Image-Last-Planet-Avengers-Thanos/313034092433?hash=item48e2492f91:g:XBIAAOSwlANedT-R

Ever see this sellers listings? Prices always amaze me. Will have like a spawn 1 asm 362 some books you know but are like $5 books with a bunch of drek. 

$400?!? I'd pay money not to have that drek in my house. 

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The sales reduced to a trickle about a week ago.  It's been night and day compared to April.  I'd think the off switch was trigger when the free money ran out.

as places begin to reopen thats bad for online sales :(

Sweet Tooth getting a series order from Netflix. RDJ is involved. 

It's seeing some eBay action, too. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=sweet+tooth+%231+nm&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Loved the comic.

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I've sold many lots of runs and sets for readers locally....including near complete runs of SSM and Web of Spiderman.  Maybe sold another 4-5 longs of titles of complete runs or near complete runs, but I'm pricing them appropriately.  Meeting someone today to sell another batch of Jonah Hex comics; she asked me to hold them before the pandemic and followed up with me the other day.  

14 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-1s-Comic-Lot-500-Wall-Books-KEYS-Darker-Image-Last-Planet-Avengers-Thanos/313034092433?hash=item48e2492f91:g:XBIAAOSwlANedT-R

Ever see this sellers listings? Prices always amaze me. Will have like a spawn 1 asm 362 some books you know but are like $5 books with a bunch of drek. 

Yeah, Carbonaro used to run zillions of 99 cent listing and charge $1 extra per book for handling/shipping and ship media. so people would win 12 99 cent books and get charged $15 shipping for media mail. He's one of the reasons a FVF is charged on shipping now.

13 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

That too. But I know a lot of people spending the stimulus on comics, games, etc. Just looking at social media even. But you are right. Might be bad for comic shops. People realizing if they just wait a few years they stuff that was $4 a issue  I can now get for under a buck.

That has always been the case if you looked. Nothing to do with the last 2 months.

2 hours ago, october said:
14 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

$400?!? I'd pay money not to have that drek in my house. 

When the third listed "highlight" book is Stupid #1, there's a problem. And it's not even the signed version!

$0.80 per issue is insane unless there is something hidden in those pictures I cannot find.

7 minutes ago, manetteska said:

When the third listed "highlight" book is Stupid #1, there's a problem. And it's not even the signed version!

$0.80 per issue is insane unless there is something hidden in those pictures I cannot find.

Free shipping so it's probably $0.65 a book considering he is shipping 2 long boxes of books.  I don't see any killer books but at least they are not all Valiant or Malibu.  Little over 2x$1 is good but nothing crazy high priced for all #1s.

Edited by 1Cool

42 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Free shipping so it's probably $0.65 a book considering he is shipping 2 long boxes of books.  I don't see any killer books but at least they are not all Valiant or Malibu.  Little over 2x$1 is good but nothing crazy high priced for all #1s.

At 65 cents per book for those books you're getting killed. Just in going through the pictures there's nothing there - maybe $50 for the lot? Maybe? and even then there's no room on the bone.

I do find it amusing that there's a Trollords 1 in that lot. I sold a Trollords 1 for $100 in 1987 at the peak of the black and white craze. That's $225 in 2020 dollars. 

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

At 65 cents per book for those books you're getting killed. Just in going through the pictures there's nothing there - maybe $50 for the lot? Maybe? and even then there's no room on the bone.

I do find it amusing that there's a Trollords 1 in that lot. I sold a Trollords 1 for $100 in 1987 at the peak of the black and white craze. That's $225 in 2020 dollars. 

100% agree from a flipping stand point but if you are wanting to have a comic "collection" I've seen worse buys.  The X-factor 1, Miracleman 1 - heck even Star Brand 1 seem to do ok in the $5 range in decent shape.  No way I'm touching the set but I could see some collector being very happy with that many #1s for that price.

Edited by 1Cool

17 hours ago, spreads said:

Every comic sells....at a price....even if you have to bulk something out, worst case some stuff gets given away

One thing that comic lot buyers do that the flippers don't is they buy everything.  I will never go and cherry pick books from an individual selling their collection.  In fact today I saw one of 12 longs that was just awful, I didn't even give him a price even though he reeked of desperation.  If he still has it in a few days I'll make him an offer....This collection was 100% picked, I don't know by whom but it damaged goods and very tough to sell because of it....

Huh?

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

100% agree from a flipping stand point but if you are wanting to have a comic "collection" I've seen worse buys.  The X-factor 1, Miracleman 1 - heck even Star Brand 1 seem do ok in the $5.  No way I'm touching the set but I could see some collector being very happy with that many #1s for that price.

Yeah, at least it's all #1s. I gave a bad example. Here is a little better one. Got spawn and omega red, solid $20 each if nm, handful of books you recognize but are only $5 books, spiderwoman might get $10 and you move some real drek. Just always impressed with the prices people pay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-KEY-Comic-WALL-BOOK-Lot-Spider-Woman-1-ASM-344-Spawn-Avengers-Batman-497-/362929364428?nav=SEARCH

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:
3 hours ago, manetteska said:

The buyer is paying $0.80 per comic.

Just saw Batman 664 being pushed as a possible early punchline, pushing this to a $20 book! I really hate this new aspect of the hobby. I know sepculation has been around forever but people pushing even the dumbest things is really tiresome.

Oh hey Captain America 593 first cameo appearance of Captain Americas toe ring.O.o

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Huh?

You must be a hit with the ladies...

Out of the 10k collection - 50 longs.  10 were bulked out, and maybe 20 comics were thrown away....I gave three sets of kids comics (marvel adventures) to my nephews.

8 hours ago, the blob said:
22 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Yeah, Carbonaro used to run zillions of 99 cent listing and charge $1 extra per book for handling/shipping and ship media. so people would win 12 99 cent books and get charged $15 shipping for media mail. He's one of the reasons a FVF is charged on shipping now.

We still have sellers that do that and I hate them for it. I win 1 book I get $5.00 shipping then if I win 2 books they charge me $6.00 and so on.