Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
91 91

58,347 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Also  new sellers wont be able to do that. It take experience to do that.

 

New sellers won't be able to do what I'm doing, or the quick flip?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, spreads said:

New sellers won't be able to do what I'm doing, or the quick flip?

What you are doing. It takes time to figure out a method like that and screw ups.

A lot of new sellers lose their and are afraid to say anything. I have had a few over the 
years even PM me for some advice. They see this money we make and think its easy
and its not.

 

 

 

 

Edited by fastballspecial
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

What you are doing. It takes time to figure out a method like that and screw ups.

A lot of new sellers lose their and are afraid to say anything. I have had a few over the 
years even PM me for some advice. They see this money we make and think its easy
and its not.

 

 

 

 

Oh, right.  Agreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spreads said:

I guess this works for very high volume slabbers, but for those of us submitting up to 100 slabs a year I never sell them discounted to current GPA.  When I have a stack of books that I want to send to CGC, right before the submission I take another long look at the book and also pull up GPA to see what the market is on it.  I factor in the risk by analyzing shipping, slabbing, currency conversion, etc all before the book arrives back to me.  It's more of 'picky approach' but I have yet to sell a book for at least what I paid for it and does involve waiting - but who cares it just sits on ebay.

I dont have one method of slabbing... Its usually demand and owning the market... or a combination of the 2... But I wont submit a book that had one or 2 sales in the past year at the price that I want it to sell.. If its a unique book then it better not have any existence online and a few sales in the past year at my target price..

As far as the wait game.. Thats ok quite frankly im never in a rush and thats why I never ever sell a book at at least 3 times the amount i invested on it. This works 95% of the time on all my inventory, not just slabs. So the question is, if i have a raw book that i can list raw and make 3 times (at least) the amount, or a book Im gonna spend the time submitting and hoping will come as I expect it to, to make 3 times the amount, AND, if I have sht ton of inventory, guess what Ill do.... I really wont send the books I "possibly" have to wait on to be slabbed. Ill likely have them sit in a special box until I see the need to slab them.

Ive got nothing but time believe me... Fresh example that comes to mind; 2 years ago I bought a near complete set of Savage Sword Of Conan Dark Horse TPB for $100. Today marks the day that I sold the very last one of them on Amazon. It was a very simple flip bcs it involved an overall 5 min time of listing them all but took a loooooong time to "flip"... But what the heck do I care, I made a clean 500% profit out of it and I sold tons of other stuff in the interim.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

A lot of new sellers lose their and are afraid to say anything. I have had a few over the 
years even PM me for some advice. They see this money we make and think its easy
and its not.

Indeed.:sumo:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually send in anywhere from 40 to 150 books a month for slabbing.  I also press everything myself.  When i get them back, about a 1/3 of them sell right away, a week later almost half of them are gone and the rest dwindle away over the course of the rest of the month, then the left overs I either auction them off, discount them or let them sit and they go here and there. I treat my ebay and run it as a business, so if someone wants to do this for a living, you can't make a bunch of cash then go blow it on beer, comics and twitch gamer girls

Edited by Kevin76
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitch gamer girls haha. 

I am all in on asm 361 and uf4. I think they have peaked and every one of them must go. Long term uf4 will go up. Just predicting it will go down from here 1st. If there is another stimulus check then it might move up some more. But once the checks are gone I see it going down. Just my strategy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Twitch gamer girls haha. 

I am all in on asm 361 and uf4. I think they have peaked and every one of them must go. Long term uf4 will go up. Just predicting it will go down from here 1st. If there is another stimulus check then it might move up some more. But once the checks are gone I see it going down. Just my strategy. 

UF4 will not be a $700 comic sealed or I hope not... It might reach NYX or Bat12 levels.. maybe solid $200-300 raw .. idk It could be the next ASM 300

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

UF4 will not be a $700 comic sealed or I hope not... It might reach NYX or Bat12 levels.. maybe solid $200-300 raw .. idk It could be the next ASM 300

Did I put $700 somewhere? If so it's a mistake. But going for $200 sealed now. $150 raw 9.2 9.4 so 9.6 raw $200 right now. Sealed will easily be over $250 if there is another stimulus check. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

As far as the wait game.. Thats ok quite frankly im never in a rush and thats why I never ever sell a book at at least 3 times the amount i invested on it. This works 95% of the time on all my inventory, not just slabs. So the question is, if i have a raw book that i can list raw and make 3 times (at least) the amount, or a book Im gonna spend the time submitting and hoping will come as I expect it to, to make 3 times the amount, AND, if I have sht ton of inventory, guess what Ill do.... I really wont send the books I "possibly" have to wait on to be slabbed. Ill likely have them sit in a special box until I see the need to slab them.

Right, this is a good approach.  I have books that I put aside too....I do comingle stuff into my PC, but the important thing is to hold onto the stuff with the greatest price appreciation.  Whether you put those high grade books aside, or just keep them buried in a box you can find later it's good to hold onto books that offer the greatest return over raws.  I think of a lot of late 90s low print run books where there might not be any high grade books slabbed.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Twitch gamer girls haha. 

I am all in on asm 361 and uf4. I think they have peaked and every one of them must go. Long term uf4 will go up. Just predicting it will go down from here 1st. If there is another stimulus check then it might move up some more. But once the checks are gone I see it going down. Just my strategy. 

Do you mean to say 'all out'? lol

When referring to poker, when you say all-in you're fully committed so in this sense you've gone out and cashed in your investments, sold you house, and built a new house out of ASM 361s and UF4!

These two books aren't quite apples to apples, and everyone knows that ASM361 are everywhere, but it's a pretty important book.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, spreads said:

Right, this is a good approach.  I have books that I put aside too....I do comingle stuff into my PC, but the important thing is to hold onto the stuff with the greatest price appreciation.  Whether you put those high grade books aside, or just keep them buried in a box you can find later it's good to hold onto books that offer the greatest return over raws.  I think of a lot of late 90s low print run books where there might not be any high grade books slabbed.....

I have tons of inventory. Tons! So I’m not a really good example. I have boatloads of books like power pack 1, dazzler Error 1, x-men 4, alpha flight 1... most will grade 9.8... but I also have twice as much high 9s bronze & silver that need to be graded. Also 2-3 longs of high value keys... as you can see, I’d have to spend a tremendous amount of money in grading all of those and they will ALL benefit me financially when graded. Often times what will happen is, I will have some of those spec books turn hot overnight and then I’ll HAVE TO sell them raw because I didn’t grade them yet. That’s ok, as long as I made a nice profit I won’t mind. You can’t win with 100s percent of profit all the time.. sometimes you gonna win little too... but we all have our spec books that we submit in the hopes of a huge return over character/series development, and those almost always turn profitable in the long run. The name of the game for me is invest smart and ALWAYS very little in comparison to my return, BECAUSE I can

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

Did I put $700 somewhere? If so it's a mistake. But going for $200 sealed now. $150 raw 9.2 9.4 so 9.6 raw $200 right now. Sealed will easily be over $250 if there is another stimulus check. 

I was saying you're not going to be regretting selling your UF4 copies now at current go rates because the print run is so high it WON'T be a $700 comic.. maybe add another $50-100 to it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Flag Maximum press series by Dan Fraga is getting some attention. There is an Image preview book as well with a collaboration McFarlane cover. Fraga's indiegogo campaign revival of the series is already past 6 figures. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spreads said:

Do you mean to say 'all out'? lol

When referring to poker, when you say all-in you're fully committed so in this sense you've gone out and cashed in your investments, sold you house, and built a new house out of ASM 361s and UF4!

These two books aren't quite apples to apples, and everyone knows that ASM361 are everywhere, but it's a pretty important book.  

All in as far as selling them. All out of copies soon. Uf4 can increase for sure if Miles is next movie spiderman. Could easily happen. But book has had good increase. $ not going to gamer girls. Will go to stocks and other comics that will increase more than uf4 and without the wait. Can always buy more uf4. Asm 361 is peak. Not getting better. Easy sells for me. Another spiderman and red venom aren't too important to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 8:13 PM, littledoom said:

Straight up sold for thousand bucks

Masters of the Universe 5 HeMan.org variant

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122780276818

 

MV creations are hard to come by. I've lucked into a few in some collections

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, littledoom said:

I was saying you're not going to be regretting selling your UF4 copies now at current go rates because the print run is so high it WON'T be a $700 comic.. maybe add another $50-100 to it

I remember buy 20-30 copies at $10 a pop a few years ago. There are tons of copies

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
91 91