• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I currently have less items listed than I’ve had since my first few months of selling. Stuff that sat for nearly a year finally sold, I’ve recently started to sell more video games and guides (some guides go for pretty good money if you can find them cheap enough). Also about to dip into some of my more rare and collectible DVDs/Blu Rays and CDs. Still haven’t put any of my vinyl records up for sale, but I may start soon.

I do plan on listing a bunch of stuff in the next few days, including my harder to find DCU upc reprints. I’m so glad I listed my FCBD ASM 2007 when I did. Now to look for my other copies.

But yeah, my sales have been pretty solid lately. Only recently started doing auctions and sometimes they surprise me at where they end.

19 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I currently have less items listed than I’ve had since my first few months of selling. Stuff that sat for nearly a year finally sold, I’ve recently started to sell more video games and guides (some guides go for pretty good money if you can find them cheap enough). Also about to dip into some of my more rare and collectible DVDs/Blu Rays and CDs. Still haven’t put any of my vinyl records up for sale, but I may start soon.

I do plan on listing a bunch of stuff in the next few days, including my harder to find DCU upc reprints. I’m so glad I listed my FCBD ASM 2007 when I did. Now to look for my other copies.

But yeah, my sales have been pretty solid lately. Only recently started doing auctions and sometimes they surprise me at where they end.

same sales still going strong

32 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Thor 2 1st Black Winter... the whole series thus far actually .. next God of Thunder or Immortal Hulk?

It's been hot for at least 90 days. 1st I am hearing about it. So if you are the 1st to report on it this thread is pretty pathetic. But thank you. This is news to me.

17 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

It's been hot for at least 90 days. 1st I am hearing about it. So if you are the 1st to report on it this thread is pretty pathetic. But thank you. This is news to me.

I remember it being mentioned a while ago, but found it hard to report on the first appearance of a plague as I assumed it had no legs. Guess i was wrong (though I shouldn't have been). 

IDW has been publishing the Marvel Action books for a year and a half. They are leaning on IDW to reach a younger audience.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/idw-launches-comic-books-featuring-marvel-superheroes-1127636

IDW has also been publishing the large format artist editions for a while.

https://idwlimited.com/product-category/marvel-artist-select-series/

13 hours ago, BishopT said:

I imagine video games would be great sellers, didn't Nintendo report record switch sales (or something like that)?   I had a first generation WII that is moded, last month I threw up an emulator with every SNES game and left it at the cottage for those rainy days. 

20 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

IDW has been publishing the Marvel Action books for a year and a half. They are leaning on IDW to reach a younger audience.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/idw-launches-comic-books-featuring-marvel-superheroes-1127636

IDW has also been publishing the large format artist editions for a while.

https://idwlimited.com/product-category/marvel-artist-select-series/

I am sure you know but you linked to ARTISTS SELECT series, which is what we were talking about. AEs are a whole different thing.

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Yellow hulk?  They should cut to the chase and make a rainbow hulk to cover all bases.

I think they should just go ahead and make them all related to each of the Infinity Gems then make an Infinity Gauntlet where the Gauntlet is like the old arcade game instead of a glove.  I mean Disney owns Tron and Marvel so ARCADE IT UP YO!

3 hours ago, spreads said:

I imagine video games would be great sellers, didn't Nintendo report record switch sales (or something like that)?   I had a first generation WII that is moded, last month I threw up an emulator with every SNES game and left it at the cottage for those rainy days. 

Yeah Nintendo Switches were easy $100 flips for a few weeks.
Now most stores have restocked and prices have dropped.
Wii's can still be found for under $50 and sell for $160 online.

Tony Hawk games are going insane with the new Tony Hawk games coming out in the next few months. Underground and Underground 2 are the highlights as are the Tony Hawk 2 and 3 for N64.

A good item to keep an eye our for right now is the Ring Fit Adventure for Switch - sells for $130 to $200 - can be found for under $50 at retail. Amazon did a presale this morning and sold out in a few minutes.

Just now, Jimmy Linguini said:

Yeah Nintendo Switches were easy $100 flips for a few weeks.
Now most stores have restocked and prices have dropped.
Wii's can still be found for under $50 and sell for $160 online.

Tony Hawk games are going insane with the new Tony Hawk games coming out in the next few months. Underground and Underground 2 are the highlights as are the Tony Hawk 2 and 3 for N64.

A good item to keep an eye our for right now is the Ring Fit Adventure for Switch - sells for $130 to $200 - can be found for under $50 at retail. Amazon did a presale this morning and sold out in a few minutes.

Thanks Jimmy.  Vids (as my brother calls em) is really not my area....

On 5/27/2020 at 12:44 AM, williamblood said:

batman beyond #1 1999 will one day be more expensive in 9.8 than Batman Adventures #12 9.8. low print run + a very hard 9.8. if only WB would get off there asses and do a movie with keaton as old man wayne

Agreed.  I am waiting with my 9.6 newsstand

The Yellow Hulk idea wasn't arbitrary in Marvel Action Avengers #9 & #10. The story arc revolves around the A.I.M. organization creating  dopplegangers of the Avengers so the Hulk isn't the only one that is Yellow or wearing the color yellow. Hydra's theme color is green;A.I.M.'s is yellow. Hulk is just the character sellers are using as a selling point in lieu of Yellow Spider-man, Yellow Hawkeye or Yellow Vision.

Edited by kairos70

53 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

The Yellow Hulk idea wasn't arbitrary Marvel Action Avengers #9 & #10. The story arc revolves around the A.I.M. organization creating  dopplegangers of the Avengers so the Hulk isn't the only one that is Yellow or wearing the color yellow. Hydra's theme color is green;A.I.M.'s is yellow. Hulk is just the character sellers are using as a selling point in lieu of Yellow Spider-man, Yellow Hawkeye or Yellow Vision.

I think it's a spec to be honest. But whatever, I guess it's selling for now. 

14 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I remember it being mentioned a while ago, but found it hard to report on the first appearance of a plague as I assumed it had no legs. Guess i was wrong (though I shouldn't have been). 

its hard sometimes to ignore the fact we think some things are stupid sometimes. Ive passed on books for the same reason and then watch them jump.