• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Read this other day I think it has a lot of promise in the genre its in.
Small publisher and I enjoyed both the art and creepy story.

image.png.f5e7f89255f0705c12b006770a207b12.png

I haven't picked up anything from this publisher yet.  I flipped through a couple of books they released recently and the art etc didn't do anything for me.  Also, they should have worked on their logo a little more IMO.  Looks like a wrestling logo to me, and kind of just diminishes the appearance of the brand.  If this is good I might check it out in trade.

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I don't actually, literally hate comics. This was a humorous exaggeration, you see.

I didn't really think you did. I just thought you went too far and couldn't bring myself to simply like your post instead of replying.

11 hours ago, johnenock said:

Just sold 22 and 23 set for 60 within hours of listing. Not sure if that's Batman Beyond though...he refers to him as Tim!

(tsk) Pay no attention to those strange balloons with those weird symbols or the sequencing of the panels and pages. Just look at the pretty pictures like all the illiterate fools.

It's definitely not Batman Beyond, though. It doesn't look anything like an animated TV series (or a comic book adaptation of such). But it does look like the Batman costume that Terry stole in the first episode of that series that set him on the path to becoming the Batman of that future.

1 hour ago, cd4ever said:

Venom 4 is doing really well...solely on the strength of Venom 3 I guess. 

2nd app Knull

Well Venom #4 is Knull's origin issue. The black cover with the Hamlet type scene is pretty cool too. Venom #4,#7,#9, #25 & #26 all are performing well but I wouldn't contribute it all to the strength of #3. Collectors have taken a shine to Dylan Brock and recently to Virus,who just came on the scene in #25.

I kinda feel like I started something with commenting on Superman Batman #22. As I stated previously I noticed it listed by a seller on eBay as a first Batman Beyond in DC Continuity which pre-dated Annual 4.

I’m not as familiar with DC characters as I am marvels so I checked the DC Database online and it confirmed it was Terry McGinnis, if that’s how you spell it. He’s referred to as Tim in that issue and the following one. Maybe someone can lay it all out and explain exactly what going on story wise for those that don’t read the titles involved??

Anyway I commented on the 18th and a frenzy started a day or two previous but really took off after my comment. These were selling for around cover or less previous and now it’s a $40 book. Most weren’t even described as having a Batman Beyond appearance previous to 7/16. 

I don’t own any copies and haven’t bought any as the prices were to high for me unless a nice newsstand comes up but it’ll be out of my range as well. 

Edited by Corona smith

7 hours ago, gradejunky said:
19 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Read this other day I think it has a lot of promise in the genre its in.
Small publisher and I enjoyed both the art and creepy story.

image.png.f5e7f89255f0705c12b006770a207b12.png

I haven't picked up anything from this publisher yet.  I flipped through a couple of books they released recently and the art etc didn't do anything for me.  Also, they should have worked on their logo a little more IMO.  Looks like a wrestling logo to me, and kind of just diminishes the appearance of the brand.  If this is good I might check it out in trade.

I look at it like this. The book checked a lot of boxes for me. Creepy horror, decent art, well written, no variants and low print. Enough that I ordered
the rest of the series. It may become nothing, but I've been right more times then I have been wrong.

Edited by fastballspecial

24 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I kinda feel like I started something with commenting on Superman Batman #22. As I stated previously I noticed it listed by a seller on eBay as a first Batman Beyond in DC Continuity which pre-dated Annual 4.

I’m not as familiar with DC characters as I am marvels so I checked the DC Database online and it confirmed it was Terry McGinnis, if that’s how you spell it. He’s referred to as Tim in that issue and the following one. Maybe someone can lay it all out and explain exactly what going on story wise for those that don’t read the titles involved??

Anyway I commented on the 18th and a frenzy started a day or two previous but really took off after my comment. These were selling for around cover or less previous and now it’s a $40 book. Most weren’t even described as having a Batman Beyond appearance previous to 7/16. 

I don’t own any copies and haven’t bought any as the prices were to high for me unless a nice newsstand comes up but it’ll be out of my range as well. 

Yes I started looking after your post found a few and waited. Next day I looked again all my likes were sold.

57 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

I’m not as familiar with DC characters as I am marvels so I checked the DC Database online and it confirmed it was Terry McGinnis

I need to see this source.

57 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

He’s referred to as Tim in that issue and the following one.

Terry is not Tim.

4 hours ago, kairos70 said:

Well Venom #4 is Knull's origin issue. The black cover with the Hamlet type scene is pretty cool too. Venom #4,#7,#9, #25 & #26 all are performing well but I wouldn't contribute it all to the strength of #3. Collectors have taken a shine to Dylan Brock and recently to Virus,who just came on the scene in #25.

12 2nd print and 19 2nd print are doing well, also.

27 minutes ago, BishopT said:

12 2nd print and 19 2nd print are doing well, also.

Yeah, I think Venom and Thor are setting records with the sales of later printings. A lot of retailers still haven't caught on to their rising popularity. Most LCS in my area only buy 1 or 2 copies of  2nd, 3rd prints,etc. Some will only order them to fill requests by subscribers.

Edited by kairos70

32 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

So it’s a time displaced Tim Drake in a Batman Beyond costume?!

(shrug)

But I can't imagine why Bruce would call Batman "Tim" if it was Terry in the suit.

The arc features many alternate versions of Superman, Batman, and those connected to them. Maybe that part did show the Batman Beyond reality, but during a time when Tim had taken over as Batman. Then again, considering who was behind the story, how much of it was really meaningful?

14 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

So it’s a time displaced Tim Drake in a Batman Beyond costume?!

(shrug)

But I can't imagine why Bruce would call Batman "Tim" if it was Terry in the suit.

It’s like the Seinfeld when George bought the car that ‘John’ Voight had owned. :gossip:

Sometimes I go by Tim... sometimes I go by Terry...’