• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, bellrules said:

I agree....then I see Venom 3 3rd print selling for 800 bucks

I just wish I could time my personal sales when the pumper and dumpers are in full bloom. lol I sold two Venom #3 3rd prints for less than $20 a piece. Now those sukkas are bringing in that insane amount. :tonofbricks: I'm not going to cry about it though(any more). 

1 hour ago, bellrules said:
1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

One pumper and dumper doesn't make it so.  Most savy collectors can tell carnival barking when they see it.

I agree....then I see Venom 3 3rd print selling for 800 bucks

Anymore I just ride the wave of stupidity. 

Eventually it will crest, but on the way I might as well make some money. 

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Anymore I just ride the wave of stupidity. 

Eventually it will crest, but on the way I might as well make some money. 

Nothing wrong with that. I'll sell a book in the rise and buy it back on the crash.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:21 PM, kairos70 said:
On 7/24/2020 at 5:36 PM, littledoom said:

Batman #28 New 52... multiple copies sold the past 24 hours... up to $20... who is Bluebird?  this used to be a book to look for several years ago

Bluebird: Harper Row, DC new 52 character who is also a character on the DC Universe Young Justice TV series.

Wasnt her first appearance in Batman Eternal?

Just now, Avi said:

Wasnt her first appearance in Batman Eternal?

Batman #28 is Harper Row's first appearance as Bluebird. The story continued into Batman Eternal #43.  According to the DC wiki, Harper Row's first cameo appearance as just herself was in Batman New 52 #1 with her first full appearance being in Batman New 52 #7. 

What is happening? This is a freebie! Saw a shop on the weekend that had one priced at 40.00 CAD 

So this preview is a thing but the previews for Strange Academy aren't? I'm so confused.

6B7BE7EB-730B-4DF1-BB0C-5B5A4505B7EE.jpeg

Edited by bellrules

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

That email is the epitome of where the market is. The sheep see some fresh grass and flock to it without doing any research on their own.

Here is the 2nd print of Thanos #13.

abb83840-e8d6-4552-b03c-c107015d8781.jpg

But he looks cooler on the 3rd print. Case closed.Next.

1 minute ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Didn't Thanos 14 come out before the 3rd printing of 13 anyways?  People are desperate in this market...

glad i mainly deal with older back issues .. these recent releases aren't good for my heart

29 minutes ago, bellrules said:

What is happening? This is a freebie! Saw a shop on the weekend that had one priced at 40.00 CAD

6B7BE7EB-730B-4DF1-BB0C-5B5A4505B7EE.jpeg

It was a freebie but from what I understood lots of the orders were cancelled.  Leaving few shops actually with it to give out, it shot up to $50-$75 pretty quickly the week it released for free.

14 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Didn't Thanos 14 come out before the 3rd printing of 13 anyways?  People are desperate in this market...

You might be right about that. I’m guessing someone will reverse engineer logic as to why it’s more important. Modern collecting man, it will drive you to drink

Thor #2, #4 and #5 are shooting up. Sorry if it's already been mentioned!

#2 was around $80 last night and today it's creeping up to $100! I had one posted at $80 last night and before it sold, I saw one go for almost $125, so I posted one at $125. Then I revised the $80 up to $125 and sold it for $100. 

I'm still picking these up at cover, so I'm happy!

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

So where are all the savvy collectors? They're at least vastly outnumbered by the illiterate fools in the current market.

"A fool and his money are soon parted." There is a reason old adages stay relevant, because they are true. I can't speak for anyone else but carnival barking does nothing for me. Best way to circumvent the influx of "illiterate fools in the current market" is to not be one of them.