• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

Good work. All solid. The 2&6 are the winners. 5 is not a bad cover either. 

It is an interesting collection. 34 shorts primarily 2000 up with some SA and BA, as well as copper. Since the collection is from out of town, I am hoping for some newsstand copies in the mix.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, kimik said:

A gentleman never kisses and tells....

I closed on another collection out of town that I have to pick up tomorrow. Next weekend will potentially be the out of province road trip for the newsies. 😉

:bigsmile:

3 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Hm my LCS has a bunch of Spawn #300 3rd prints for cover price. Might pick a few up during a sale.

oh hell yea snag them now, not when there is a sale.  Someone else will get them before that probably.  The big winner is #301 3rd print.  I am still :pullhair: that I didn't preorder more than I did.

Something going on with Darth Vader vol. 3 #1 and 2 both blowing up a bit.  I guess #1 is a 1st app. of Zed something, but #2 no real reasoning why it is climbing to my knowledge.  Anyone current on reading this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-MARVEL-COMICS-STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-2-NM-UNREAD-COPY-FLAT-RATE-SHIPPING/402348244686?hash=item5dadd2fece%3Ag%3A61EAAOSwG7JfJeZr&LH_Auction=1

p.s. 3000th post after 14 years.....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by gradejunky

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Something going on with Darth Vader vol. 3 #1 and 2 both blowing up a bit.  I guess #1 is a 1st app. of Zed something, but #2 no real reasoning why it is climbing to my knowledge.  Anyone current on reading this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-MARVEL-COMICS-STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-2-NM-UNREAD-COPY-FLAT-RATE-SHIPPING/402348244686?hash=item5dadd2fece%3Ag%3A61EAAOSwG7JfJeZr&LH_Auction=1

p.s. 3000th post after 14 years.....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wondered the same on #2.  Don't get it. 

Guessing the answer is Lee, but IMO that shouldn't be the reason. 

Patrick

ended $22.50.  Others have the book BIN for $18+, what gives?lol.  I have a few copies myself from pre-order so I guess I'll give a quick flip through one to see if there is anything special going on.

Okay took a quick look through a copy.  Seems female on the cover who I guess we all assume is Padme, is not?  The book has flashback of Padme and Anakin on Geonosis going in to that gladiator pit with the beasts etc.  This female was one of her handmaidens/lookalikes I think?  If that is her on the cover and 1st app. in book could be the cause of spike as she looks to be moving forward in the story.  Might this be a Doctor Aphra type character?

That is all I can garner at this point

Edited by gradejunky

6 hours ago, gradejunky said:

ended $22.50.  Others have the book BIN for $18+, what gives?lol.  I have a few copies myself from pre-order so I guess I'll give a quick flip through one to see if there is anything special going on.

Okay took a quick look through a copy.  Seems female on the cover who I guess we all assume is Padme, is not?  The book has flashback of Padme and Anakin on Geonosis going in to that gladiator pit with the beasts etc.  This female was one of her handmaidens/lookalikes I think?  If that is her on the cover and 1st app. in book could be the cause of spike as she looks to be moving forward in the story.  Might this be a Doctor Aphra type character?

That is all I can garner at this point

Didnt Sabe first appear in the Star Wars Episode 1 comics ?

12 hours ago, gradejunky said:

oh hell yea snag them now, not when there is a sale.  Someone else will get them before that probably.  The big winner is #301 3rd print.  I am still :pullhair: that I didn't preorder more than I did.

Lol the good thing about living in a 3rd world country is the hobby isn't a massive thing here so it's fairly safe to leave them there till next weekend when they have another buy 1 get 1 free. Those copies have been there for ages I've passed up on them a few times.

4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Lol the good thing about living in a 3rd world country is the hobby isn't a massive thing here so it's fairly safe to leave them there till next weekend when they have another buy 1 get 1 free. Those copies have been there for ages I've passed up on them a few times.

:takeit: buy one get one x 50

4 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Didnt Sabe first appear in the Star Wars Episode 1 comics ?

Can't be her I don't think as she was killed in that explosion in episode 2 or 3 right?  Must be a different handmaiden.  This Vader story takes place during ESB.

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but sellers on eBay are trying to ride the Knull hype and make Thor: GoT #6 a $1,000+ book at CGC 9.8. Last I looked, the cheapest BIN for a CGC 9.8 was $999 and there were a couple listed for $1,400 and $1,800. It will be interesting if it realizes a sale in that range. I'd expect #2 to ride off that hype as well. #2 is already pushing $4-500 in 9.8.

I believe Thanos #13 in CGC 9.8 is sneakily climbing as well. Last 6 months it was a $250 book, then $300, then $400, and recently there was a BIN of $500 that sold with best offer accepted. Not a lot of sales, but it's a popular Cates character, so who knows what it could do. The 3rd print cover seems to be gaining particular interest since it has Cosmic Ghost Rider on the cover. Similar situation to Venom #3 3rd print potentially. Could see this pop if/when CGR gets another series announced. Which could happen next week with the last issue of his current run coming out in print this week.

Edited by Varanis