• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Legion HQ said:

I'm sending one in that's a strong candidate for 9.8. Fingers crossed!

Where does your print run data come from? Is that copies sold, or copies printed? Those are two totally different things. 

Edited by bellrules

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

The thing you are missing is that Star Wars fans actually read the comics.

So do I but I'm not caught up with this Vader run yet.  I looked through a copy and the only thing I can tell is that the female on cover is one of Padme's lookalikes I believe, and she is moving forward in the story similar to Aphra teaming with Vader in vol. 1. I'm still confused on the price increase on this one but it is what it is.

17 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

So do I but I'm not caught up with this Vader run yet.  I looked through a copy and the only thing I can tell is that the female on cover is one of Padme's lookalikes I believe, and she is moving forward in the story similar to Aphra teaming with Vader in vol. 1. I'm still confused on the price increase on this one but it is what it is.

It's the cover. Nothing more. All other versions are selling for next to nothing. 

4 hours ago, gradejunky said:

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

It's the cover. Nothing more. All other versions are selling for next to nothing. 

I believe it's because of the story. If she teams with him, as it would appear through two issues, it would be a first appearance. (#1 cameo, #2 full)

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:

I believe it's because of the story. If she teams with him, as it would appear through two issues, it would be a first appearance. (#1 cameo, #2 full)

She's in Phantom Menace #3 from Dark Horse, but I guess that doesn't really matter in today's market. Similar issue to Venom 9 where regular cover is $40, but the FF variant is $15.

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

14 hours ago, gradejunky said:

A shop owner told me that people have been buying the "older" on-the-shelf issues for prominent Marvel titles. 

He said his customer base is saying they are bored due to the COVID situation and there wasn't a lot of output the last couple months. 

So what examples did he have?  

Darth Vader 1 and 2 (3 is out now), Hickman's X-men run (especially the last few like 8 and 9), and Thor (2 thru 5).  

The last isn't surprising, but most times books languish if they hang a few issues back on the shelf.  Once the newness wears off, it's like a used car.  

Patrick

3 hours ago, Ace Bandage said:

I'm seeing a 9.8 Vengeance #1 that sold for $1,140 on ebay a few days ago.     Only one sale, but a crazy increase vs prev  sold prices. 

Yeah, prices have spiked the past week with the America Chavez casting rumors for Dr. Strange 2.

War of the Realms New Agents of Atlas #1 3rd prints are heating up! This was a $10-15 book a month ago. Not sure what's going on. I can't find any news.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WAR-OF-THE-REALMS-NEW-AGENTS-OF-ATLAS-1-3rd-Printing-LOW-PRINT-VF-NM-NM-12-PIX/324260152678?hash=item4b7f694566:g:XgIAAOSwfdVfNOFT

image.thumb.png.92b1b3690ba2543361e6aaefb3401376.png

Edited by comixry

21 minutes ago, comixry said:

War of the Realms New Agents of Atlas #1 3rd prints are heating up! This was a $10-15 book a month ago. Not sure what's going on. I can't find any news.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WAR-OF-THE-REALMS-NEW-AGENTS-OF-ATLAS-1-3rd-Printing-LOW-PRINT-VF-NM-NM-12-PIX/324260152678?hash=item4b7f694566:g:XgIAAOSwfdVfNOFT

image.thumb.png.92b1b3690ba2543361e6aaefb3401376.png

Which speculator site is pumping it right now?

36 minutes ago, kimik said:

Which speculator site is pumping it right now?

LOL. I tried Googling the usual "movie", "optioned", "disney+", etc. with "new agents of altas" as those usually spark something, but zilch...no news. Maybe in the vein of collecting newsstands, it's just another branch of collecting. In this case, "low print run" or hard to find later prints. (shrug)